Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #1,366 of 1,656
  So they sound bad?
Should I be worried? 
tongue.gif

They sound fantastic.
Only if you are a sound science elitist who values FR graphs over everything else.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #1,367 of 1,656
  They sound fantastic.
Only if you are a sound science elitist who values FR graphs over everything else.

I see. I'm buying them because of comments that say they are non-fatiguing and amazing for trance/EDM.

I don't care for graphs. If I did, X2 wouldn't be my all time favourite headphone.

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #1,368 of 1,656

You are in for a treat.
Hope you like your "electroacustic abomination"
wink_face.gif

So they sound bad? Should I be worried? 
tongue.gif

Yes, very, very worried...

that you won't be able to take'em out of your ears, that is! So, just relax and enjoy, cause you will!

EDIT: Post no 600! Woohoo!!! 
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #1,369 of 1,656
Look what came to my house today... This is the first time I'm using over-ear IEMs, I hope I got the fit right but they feel comfortable so far. I'm using the stock tips. Do you recommend foam tips? So far, they sound amazing, just what I'm looking for. Just the right amount of detail, fun and fatigue free sound that's good for EDM and everything else. I prefer these over IE800s I had, which had amazing soundstage but was a bit too bright for my tastes. I'm driving these with Explorer2 at home, probably going to use iPhone 6 outside. I'm not a big fan of carrying portable amps around.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,372 of 1,656
  It's the stock cable, I bought it directly from Earsonics. Maybe they changed the stock cable?

Looks like they did. My stock cable is completely black.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #1,373 of 1,656
This cable is light grey. Nice cable, zero microphonics. IE800 cable had terrible microphonics which I hated.

How do you think this is as an aftermarket cable? It has phone control, mic.

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Cable-Westone-Ultimate-controller/dp/B00SKEQ0CA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422122779&sr=1-3&keywords=westone+android+cable

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,374 of 1,656
It looks nicely built and light. The one concern I have is that it's made of silver-plated copper. I'm not saying it won't sound good- it depends on individual taste. But it will slightly change the sound signature. Most SPC cables tip the sound signature upward a little: increase treble, reduce the mids and increase yet tighten the bass. You'll never know if it's for you unless you try it.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,376 of 1,656
Jan 24, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,377 of 1,656
  Just stay away from the whole aftermarket circus as long as you can.

Lol. :) I don't really care about aftermarket cables, just mic and volume control. It's sometimes convenient to use them, but they're not absolutely necessary. Not many people call these days, everyone uses the stupidity called Whatsapp.

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,378 of 1,656
If your considering an aftermarket cable, I'd stick with copper. Same material as the stock cable, but a better built cable like the BTG Audio Midnight (formerly Starlight) enhances the sound sig without altering it like a silver or silver-plated copper cable would. Although people swear by these other types of cables, if it's your first one keep it simple. I've bought SPC and silver cables and always go back to copper. SPC and silver always sound fatiguing and a little harsh in the treble to me. And get a right-angle Neutrik or right-angle Oyaide connector. A lot more pocket friendly than a straight connector.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,379 of 1,656
Guys, this IEM is addicting. I find myself using it more than my over-ear headphones. I was considering buying an on-ear portable but I'm cancelling that plan. SM64 is more than enough for all occassions.

I never really truly liked an IEM before. I even had expensive ones (Senn IE800) but all of them left me unsatisfied. I thought maybe IEMs weren't for me. But I was wrong. Earsonics makes amazing IEMs. I'm rediscovering my whole music collection.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,380 of 1,656
Guys, this IEM is addicting. I find myself using it more than my over-ear headphones. I was considering buying an on-ear portable but I'm cancelling that plan. SM64 is more than enough for all occassions.

I never really truly liked an IEM before. I even had expensive ones (Senn IE800) but all of them left me unsatisfied. I thought maybe IEMs weren't for me. But I was wrong. Earsonics makes amazing IEMs. I'm rediscovering my whole music collection.

Welcome to the club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back