Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #1,321 of 1,656
I am buying a pair from a member here in Head-fi. I hope within this coming week. I'm so excited.. it will be my first serious investment.. I really hope it all works out :D

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,328 of 1,656
I'd be interested...have an older one, live in New Jersey. Could compare them. Is that meet in Connecticut?

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,329 of 1,656
So, after a month of using my (already beloved) SM64's, Earsonics' infamous build quality is definitely showing- the jack has already started fraying and there are crackles in the cable. Possibly something for you all to be aware of.

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,330 of 1,656
  So, after a month of using my (already beloved) SM64's, Earsonics' infamous build quality is definitely showing- the jack has already started fraying and there are crackles in the cable. Possibly something for you all to be aware of.

I am gonna read the previous pages but can't help asking if there has been reports of poor build quality in the thread. But it's not only EarSonics I heard UE900 would often have bad cable connection at the joint of replacement cable too? (Correct me if I am wrong)

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #1,331 of 1,656
The earlier SM3 had quite a few issues from what I've read. There have been a few people reporting they had a problem with the SM64 over the last year and a half that I've been reading this thread, with Earsonics doing a good job with warranty repair / replacement.

As a former TF10 owner the UE900 were of interest and the problems here have been nothing like what I was reading on the UE900 thread shortly after it's release (which may have been fixed more recently).

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #1,332 of 1,656

Seems a bit strange. Had mine for a few months now and everything is still holding together just fine despite being dropped a few times as well lol.

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #1,333 of 1,656
I ordered mine day one and they are still in pretty good shape.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #1,334 of 1,656

Could you post a photo? Looking at mine I can't quite picture what you're describing.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,335 of 1,656

I've had my various EarSonics IEMs for years and haven't had any problems with build quality. Of course, I take well care of them and always store them in the enclosed EarSonics case. IME I would call EarSonics' build quality sufficiently good, certainly not "infamous". I really don't think that is a correct description and consequently not very helpful to the Head-Fi community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back