Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,546 of 1,656
  Yeah ...agreed that is such a good combo, even without amps like meier stepdance 2 and or Ibasso pb2. 

I need help guys I am looking to get an upgraded replacement cable due to mine being damage near the 1/8th jack.

It is not for right now due to not having the money but for down the road, I would only be able to use 50-75 on one and wanted something nice, with decent parts and not too heavy. Anyways suggestions, links, or sources would be really helpful

If you wish to DIY, we offer 1/8" (3.5mm) connectors:
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/diy/connectors.html

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 7, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #1,547 of 1,656
Have used them with the DX90 and the Pono, I think they sound better with the Pono.

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #1,548 of 1,656
Does anyone know if the Linum BaX twisted 2 pin cable is compatible with the SM64 or will fit is all I am worried about.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #1,550 of 1,656
yeah I think the velvet is teh same shape mostly as the sm64. More of a conecern with the plastic that holds the pins being to wide for the sm64 v2. I am just going to order it when I get the money down the road.

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,551 of 1,656
I think I went a little overkill, I am using these with a dragonfly black/cck and Iphone 6 while lifting weights at gym and I am just blown away. Cant hardly concentrate on the workout because they sound so good. Wow loving them, still trying to figure out which tip to use but the sound is spot on for my taste- awesome bass impact- but nice clear mids and and treble is not harsh nor rolled for my
taste. Totally prefer these over Westone 4r that i was using before.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #1,552 of 1,656
Im about to pull the trigger on these. They sound like my cup of tea since ive found the Etymotic ER-4S to be quite emotionless imo. Does anyone know how these might pair up with the Onkyo DP-X1? Also does anyone know where i could get these for the lower price? Yeah i know GOOGLE IT!:eek: , but i prefer to hear it from fellow head fiers myself. Thanks:)

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #1,554 of 1,656
I'm looking to buy these after getting sick of the tiny soundstage on my Westone UM Pro 30s, and I just wanted to ask whether not amping these really ruins them? I already returned a Fiio E17 after I found it didn't affect my sound out of my LG G5 at all, which is what I would be using with the SM64s.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #1,555 of 1,656
  I'm looking to buy these after getting sick of the tiny soundstage on my Westone UM Pro 30s, and I just wanted to ask whether not amping these really ruins them? I already returned a Fiio E17 after I found it didn't affect my sound out of my LG G5 at all, which is what I would be using with the SM64s.

I demand a comparison between your pro30's and the sm64's if you ever decide to acquire a pair. I have pro30's and i've always side-eyed the sm64's out of sheer curiosity. I'm guessing they are more similar than different, but maybe the slight difference would be worth it. Anyway, keep us informed if it's not too much trouble.

Jul 8, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #1,556 of 1,656

I demand a comparison between your pro30's and the sm64's if you ever decide to acquire a pair. I have pro30's and i've always side-eyed the sm64's out of sheer curiosity. I'm guessing they are more similar than different, but maybe the slight difference would be worth it. Anyway, keep us informed if it's not too much trouble.

Yeah, of course. I've already sent back the Pro 30s but I can do a comparison from memory. I'm just holding fire on the SM64s until I get a concrete answer on whether they really need to be amped or not. I'd hate to have to carry around an amp.

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,557 of 1,656
I use them straight or of a Pono, sounds great.

Jul 9, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,560 of 1,656
Have you had a look by the way to the FLC8s?? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back