Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
May 14, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #1,531 of 1,656

I had to do some repairs on my pair after the highest frequency driver on the right side kept cutting out and took a pic of the inside if anyone's interested.  I was a little sad to see that the wiring was very tangled and unorganized.  

May 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,533 of 1,656

Nice pic, thanks! How did your repair end up turning out?

It went surprisingly well!  It took a little bit to identify where the issue was after I opened it; however, after a little bit of prying around it turned out that the resistor for the high frequency driver was moving within the casing and as a result, losing connection.  Due to the wires being tangled, I couldn't find the specific location of the issue, but I used some electrical tape to keep pressure on the resistor and to keep it in place.  After that, I put a couple drops of super glue on the casings and clapped them together.  I haven't had any problem's since!  I recall there being a springy sound which I now think was the resistor not being in place, which is now gone.  Here's to not having to deal with Earsonics' support!

beerchug.gif

May 31, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,534 of 1,656
I actually prefer the SM64 over the Jupiter. Both are marketed as neutral IEMs. Maybe bcos of the revealing nature of the Jupiters some poorly-mastered tracks are unlistenable. SM64 has the ability to bring out the strengths of the recording and smooth out the blemishes. A very good all-rounder for the price. It's now being overshadowed by the Velvets and SEM-9, but I thought I'd just remark at how well they sound even compared with today's flagships!

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #1,535 of 1,656
Best part of the SM64: awesome separation. Helped by the soundstage depth, each instrument/element of the music has its own space with good air in between. SM64 has become the "palette cleanser" of my collection somewhat. Each part is great individually, and comes together really well. Does nothing really wrong.

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #1,536 of 1,656
  Best part of the SM64: awesome separation. Helped by the soundstage depth, each instrument/element of the music has its own space with good air in between. SM64 has become the "palette cleanser" of my collection somewhat. Each part is great individually, and comes together really well. Does nothing really wrong.

Sounds good. How do you feel about the upper mid dip that the SM64 has in its frequency response? Is it noticeable?

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #1,537 of 1,656
  Sounds good. How do you feel about the upper mid dip that the SM64 has in its frequency response? Is it noticeable?

The 5k dip? Sorry I don't do measurements much other than the overall shape, but upper mids are clear as day, just a bit smoothed out.

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #1,539 of 1,656
As a proud owner of these amazing iems, I wanted only to point out the great combo they make with an iBasso DX90.
Make my ears melt like butter... ☺

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #1,540 of 1,656
I've found them to sound very nice with the Pono player as well.

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,542 of 1,656
I just pulled the trigger on these mostly on faith and reviews lol hopefully they bring more oomph than the Westone 4r that I am currently using for the gym. I will be using them with the new Dragonfly black connected to iPhone6.

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #1,543 of 1,656
Quoting Joker about W40 and SM64:

"As for the W40, they are not too different but I tend to prefer the EarSonics – the bass is deeper (more extended) and the mids are a little clearer because there’s no mid/upper bass bleed into the mids. Both have good soundstage size and well-rounded presentations, no complaints there.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #1,544 of 1,656
Lol That's the reason I bought them! I cant wait. I was thinking of getting the velvets but at almost double the price i figured Sm-64 was a better value especially since I will be only using them at the gym. I am using the Audeze Sine for portable duties and Alpha Prime at home.

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,545 of 1,656
As a proud owner of these amazing iems, I wanted only to point out the great combo they make with an iBasso DX90.
Make my ears melt like butter... ☺

Yeah ...agreed that is such a good combo, even without amps like meier stepdance 2 and or Ibasso pb2. 

I need help guys I am looking to get an upgraded replacement cable due to mine being damage near the 1/8th jack.

It is not for right now due to not having the money but for down the road, I would only be able to use 50-75 on one and wanted something nice, with decent parts and not too heavy. Anyways suggestions, links, or sources would be really helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back