Earsonics sm3 V2
Sep 12, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #781 of 1,167
tongue.gif
 Haha, relax fellas, I merely addressed our friend Varley's concern, so i didn't think everyone would share the same interest/concern. In short, I suggested he need not heavily consider the W4 because, IMO, the GR07 is really it's equal/better counterpart, with just as balanced a signature, and better bass body & impact. That's not to say the GR07 is more technically proficient than the W4, it's simply a matter of preference, and mine falls on the GR07. I suggested between the three, (W4, UM3X, SM3 V2) he first and foremost give the SM3's a listen, since he was quite fond of the RE262's midrange, and owing to the SM3's exceptionally engaging and intimate presentation, vocals are rendered ever so beautifully. I went on to say that the SM3 is quite possibly the ONLY universal I've owned that, upon first listen, made me rethink why I even bothered purchasing it. Upon further listening, the SM3 made me rethink why I even bothered purchasing any other universal. Once you're drawn in, it's almost hypnotic. I also mentioned that the UM3X offers exceptional imaging and instrument separation, making great use of it's soundstage; but for me personally, the story really begins and ends there. From my experience, the UM3X is also VERY tip dependent, and without the right tips, can sound dark/veiled. For me, the Sony hybrids worked best to lift said veil. That's really the gist of it. 
smile.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #782 of 1,167

Quote:
Uhh..so what did you decide on? Inquiring minds..ok MIND..just mine...would like to know? LOL.

On and i2 can i get that pm tooooo? Pweettty pwease? lol

I think ultimately I've decided on the SM3 V2's - Although now I'm looking into a 1964-Q which is actually only £60 more than the SM3 with all artwork/shipping involved...I'm not sure whether I want to venture into a custom par from the JH16/UM Miracle - As I'd probably end up wanting one of the two anyway- Which then means I lose the 'sellable' factor of the SM3 V2 by getting the 1964-Q's?
rolleyes.gif

Ahhhhh I don't know!

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #783 of 1,167

Quote:

I think ultimately I've decided on the SM3 V2's - Although now I'm looking into a 1964-Q which is actually only £60 more than the SM3 with all artwork/shipping involved...I'm not sure whether I want to venture into a custom par from the JH16/UM Miracle - As I'd probably end up wanting one of the two anyway- Which then means I lose the 'sellable' factor of the SM3 V2 by getting the 1964-Q's?
rolleyes.gif

Ahhhhh I don't know!

Ah choices choices. Sorry but can't really help you there, friend. Haven't heard the Q's so I have no idea how they compare. Only customs I've ever heard were the ACS T1 and JH13, and both were certainly a step up from the Sm3. I'm sticking to the universals game a for a while longer and won't be going to the customs party till at least next year.

You're somewhat right about the 'sellable' factor of the Q's tho. But then again, there are ppl who are not averse to buying an used custom and reshelling them.

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #785 of 1,167
OK, I did not get any responses in my own thread, but has anyone owing SM3 v2 have had durability/build quality issues? Here's what happened to mine after a few days

It was found like this after I safely put it away in my carrying case which was sitting silently on a desk. I am suspecting that how it was packaged has got to do with it because the sm3 box was inside a much larger mailing box without any bubble wrap or foam peanuts so it was shaking inside the box without any protection. Or it might have just been a bad apple, I don't know. Has anything like this happened to anybody??? I really want to know if these earphones are going to be durable in the long term because I can still decide to just get a refund instead of a replacement.

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #786 of 1,167

Quote:
OK, I did not get any responses in my own thread, but has anyone owing SM3 v2 have had durability/build quality issues? Here's what happened to mine after a few days

It was found like this after I safely put it away in my carrying case which was sitting silently on a desk. I am suspecting that how it was packaged has got to do with it because the sm3 box was inside a much larger mailing box without any bubble wrap or foam peanuts so it was shaking inside the box without any protection. Or it might have just been a bad apple, I don't know. Has anything like this happened to anybody??? I really want to know if these earphones are going to be durable in the long term because I can still decide to just get a refund instead of a replacement.

wwaaaah that sucks dude, I was just about to purchase the SM2 V2's till I saw this.. Who did you get them from? I think soundearphones may be able to help you out with it.

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #787 of 1,167
Yes I bought them from Sound Earphones. I have to say that they did a bad job in packaging it, but they were responsive to my emails and are giving me a refund. Don't give up on the SM3 though, since I don't know how common this kind of failure is, although I'm guessing it would be rare.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #788 of 1,167

Quote:
Yes I bought them from Sound Earphones. I have to say that they did a bad job in packaging it, but they were responsive to my emails and are giving me a refund. Don't give up on the SM3 though, since I don't know how common this kind of failure is, although I'm guessing it would be rare.

Yep, I dont think its terribly common and do not give up on the SM3s. I have the V1s (which i prefer aesthetically over the v2s) and don't regret the purchase at all.

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #789 of 1,167
Sound Earphones just put them on their website again this morning, they were sold out for awhile. Price is ~~$379.00 USD. Westone 4's are selling now at $335.00 fully discounted so competition is steep. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #791 of 1,167
After a long period of exchaing IEM's these last few months, going from SCL5 (short in cable)->um3x rc (DOA)->sm3 v2 (shell broke in a few days)->westone 4, I have finally made up my mind and going back to um3x, but without the replaceable cables. The Westone 4 sounded alright, but was not very impressive in rock/metal. I still can't forget the smooth, lush, and intimate midrange the sm3 v2 produced, so I will most likely give it another shot maybe next year. They sounded extremely good with shoegaze/dream pop or acoustic instrumental tracks.

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #795 of 1,167
9 months with my V1s and no build issues at all so far Granted I do baby them quite a bit as the Sm3 and CK10 are my 2 fave IEMs in my possession.

Hey Photofan, just curious but what are those tips you have on the V1s in your avatar pic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back