Earsonics sm3 V2
Sep 11, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #767 of 1,167
I've used my SM3 v2's with the Fiio E7's and now the E11's and there is a good deal of difference than just using them through my iPod connector, I use ALAC files and the sound is warmer and clearer using an amp.

I don't use EQ, don't really understand modifying the basic sound more than through amping.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #768 of 1,167

Quote:
I think I'm going to try a 4g arrow with treble boost when they are ready. The arrow amp has a very loyal following.

Indeed it does and I think you won't be disappointed, once you get past the loooong wait but thats only cuz Robert is a perfectionist. I have the 2g and am very satisfied but may consider the 4g once its completed. Or maybe just wait for a 5g. I aint in no rush.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #769 of 1,167
@i2 - Just Read through the whole of the thread, and in your reference to loving the RE-262' that and the GR07's are my favourite IEM's right now, I prefer them both to the EX600 - I'm now stuck between the Westone 4, SM3 V2 and UM3X - the EX1000 is out of the question, merely because the design just doesn't go down well with my ears :p

Seeing as you've heard like every top end IEM, :wink:, between the 3 mentioned which presents the most impressive overall sig (referring back to the 262 and GR07 for preference) and which do you think is worth the £300 more (your IMO) as that is what I'll be paying for each :xf_eek:

Worst comes to worse I'll order all 3 and compare, but that will be another few months saving :rolleyes:

Probes should of pm'ed you but my iPad 2 screws me over on PM's :xf_eek:

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #770 of 1,167
I tend to write rather lengthy answers in these circumstances, so I'll PM you my friend. 
smile.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #772 of 1,167

Quote:
I tend to write rather lengthy answers in these circumstances, so I'll PM you my friend. 
smile.gif

Cheers bro - I normally don't take so long deciding and just pull the trigger, but my 'plan' is so get a top tier universal, fall in love, and then venture onto customs -
I can't really base my perfect choice in peoples opinions, as my music preferences and tastes through genres variates so much depending on what mood I'm in
redface.gif

The UM3X is more of a dark horse - The main decision is between the W4 and SM3 V2 - I'll be pairing them both with a J3 + E11/ZO V2 (when it's released) mainly - Using my Clip+ when I'm in more of a rush - If this makes a difference into which would rain supreme
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #774 of 1,167
Quote:
The UM3X is more of a dark horse - The main decision is between the W4 and SM3 V2 - I'll be pairing them both with a J3 + E11/ZO V2 (when it's released) mainly - Using my Clip+ when I'm in more of a rush - If this makes a difference into which would rain supreme
wink.gif

They're both easy to drive IMO, especially the SM3, which remains one of the few universals I can quite honestly listen to at even 10% volume, beyond which I'd be pushing my limits. The SM3 is a powerhouse, and it's amazing how proficient it is at significantly low volumes.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #776 of 1,167
Keep us posted my friend. I'd love to hear your impressions, as would others, I'm sure. 
smile.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #777 of 1,167

Quote:
Aw, now I don't feel special
biggrin.gif

No, really, cheers for the info man, I think I've made my mind up
redface.gif

Uhh..so what did you decide on? Inquiring minds..ok MIND..just mine...would like to know? LOL.

On and i2 can i get that pm tooooo? Pweettty pwease? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back