Earsonics sm3 V2
Aug 18, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #736 of 1,167

Quote:
So you didn't hear them at all - but you still recommend them as being "better". This is the cancer that is eating Head-Fi.

Quoted for truth!

If I has a pound for every time I've seen someone raving about a particular PMP or IEM, but then casually revealing that they've never actually heard it, I'd have ... well, about £8.

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #738 of 1,167

Quote:
^ If you're quite satisfied with your SM3s, that's perfectly alright, and for all you know if you tried the Sonys, they might turn out not to be your cup of tea.

Now, on a much more serious note, rather than keep thinking about trying the EX1000s, you should, or rather you must, start checking out some (more) KC music.  :wink:

That is very true. I could really dislike the EX or love it. Who's to say, really. Thats (among other reasons) what makes this hobby interesting for me.

If by KC you are referring to King Crimson, then yes I agree. I really should / must check out more of their stuff. I dont have many of their records and my favourite is the Heavy ContruKCtion 3-disc live album. Great stuff.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #739 of 1,167

Quote:

This is what you said, right above. It doesn't matter if you used the word "looking" or something else - you are implying that these things are "better", without you even having tried one of them. Do you always believe what you read, no matter how insubstantial the source? Do you really think that you could even tell the difference between any of those players? I would suggest to keep off recommending (or name-dropping) gear you have no personal hands-on experience about.

!!OT WARNING!!

Havent had a chance to own / try those expensive players and the price really gives me the heebejeebees, especially since to me they look like fancy ciggy boxes.

While i never owned a Cowon, have borrowed one (D2+) from a friend for a week and really liked them. Not sure how the S9 and J3 differ in SQ from the D2+ but i should expect close. For now, my Rockboxed iMod keeps me very happy.

Aug 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #740 of 1,167
Just thought I'd mention, after a few days time spent with both the EX1000 and SM3 (V2), I'd have to say they both remain my top 2 universals, amongst all others I've come to own. To these ears, they're the 2 most technically proficient I've encountered to date, and while I won't retract my earlier statement, about me having bid the SM3 farewell, the reason behind it is because I have no use for multiple universals, and always intended to keep whichever ONE sounded best to me. As of yet, the EX1000 certainly retains that title, but because the SM3 is an entirely different beast of its own, it's not too far behind. Albeit, when all is said and done, my preference falls on the EX1000. On another note, I fooled around with MANY tips (practically ALL the ones I had in hand, which are more than plenty), and after determining whichever the SM3 sounded the least veiled with for my ears (the Atrio silicone bi-flanges in my case), the SM3 once again drew me in just as it had a few months back. Meanwhile, however, for these ears, the EX1000 has yet to meet it's equal (based upon my experience alone); and on that note, this hobby (obsession) of mine is what drives me to continue the search...
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #741 of 1,167

Quote:
Just thought I'd mention, after a few days time spent with both the EX1000 and SM3 (V2), I'd have to say they both remain my top 2 universals, amongst all others I've come to own. To these ears, they're the 2 most technically proficient I've encountered to date, and while I won't retract my earlier statement, about me having bid the SM3 farewell, the reason behind it is because I have no use for multiple universals, and always intended to keep whichever ONE sounded best to me. As of yet, the EX1000 certainly retains that title, but because the SM3 is an entirely different beast of its own, it's not too far behind. Albeit, when all is said and done, my preference falls on the EX1000. On another note, I fooled around with MANY tips (practically ALL the ones I had in hand, which are more than plenty), and after determining whichever the SM3 sounded the least veiled with for my ears (the Atrio silicone bi-flanges in my case), the SM3 once again drew me in just as it had a few months back. Meanwhile, however, for these ears, the EX1000 has yet to meet it's equal (based upon my experience alone); and on that note, this hobby (obsession) of mine is what drives me to continue the search...
wink.gif

Ah I see you have the Sm3 (v2) as your Avatar again! Oh and thank you for saying that (bolded text). It makes me feel a little more comfortable with not having yet had the chance to try the EX1000, but certainly doesn't quell the urge to get one! LOL. And yes I agree, this indeed is an obsession for me as well. Only thing holding me back is finances. If I had more disposable income, I'm sure I'd be spending a lot more!
tongue.gif

PS: What are the differences between the new ES stock biflanges and the Atrio biflanges (sound, bore size, fit, comfort, isolation, etc)? Much appreciated.

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #744 of 1,167
just recived my v2, my first impression are more than i expected :D

+ a bit wider soundtage, mybe more than "a bit" :)
+ bass is a bit deeper .. punchier

can you tell me how to correclty disassmable the cable from the earpiece cause it realy resisting and when i put more strengh into things they break

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #749 of 1,167

Quote:
The thing is, because of the slightly different shape/seal you probably would get a difference even if the drivers/xovers are the same.

Yeah, makes perfect sense altho it could also be attributed to the new wider-bore bilfanges that come with the v2s vs the smaller bore tips which came with the older V1s. I immediately noticed a difference between the 2 tips when used with my V1s.Seal and isolation was better for me with the newer tips. They also felt a tiny bit softer and more comfortable than the originals. I think Juiced may well be the first one I've seen who's mentioned a marked difference in sound between the v1s and v2s, based on just the shape of the housing alone, if that what he means . Different ears and all that.

@Juiced, have you tried the wide bore tips on your V1? Any difference or perhaps similar to the v2s with the same tips?

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #750 of 1,167
 Yeah, makes perfect sense altho it could also be attributed to the new wider-bore bilfanges that come with the v2s vs the smaller bore tips which came with the older V1s. I immediately noticed a difference between the 2 tips when used with my V1s.Seal and isolation was better for me with the newer tips. They also felt a tiny bit softer and more comfortable than the originals. I think Juiced may well be the first one I've seen who's mentioned a marked difference in sound between the v1s and v2s, based on just the shape of the housing alone, if that what he means . Different ears and all that.

@Juiced, have you tried the wide bore tips on your V1? Any difference or perhaps similar to the v2s with the same tips?

oh yea +1 they have different tips. My pairs both had sensorcomm DF though. Otoh, I really can't remeber the sound of v1 anymore to make a detailed comparison (more or less the same, I suppose), and I only had a brief listen to the v2, before packing it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back