Earsonics sm3 V2
May 4, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #32 of 1,167
May 4, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #33 of 1,167
According to Franck, if SM3 V1s were purchased before February 1st, the cost to 'upgrade to V2' is 30€. If after, then upgrade is free.

Also, separate from the cost to upgrade, you would need to shell out an additional 37€ for the new cable. Goes without saying that you would also need to ship your V1 to them.

I'm not sure if the above quotes are with/without tax, but I intend on sending mine in as the angular housings really hurt my ears yet I love their sound too much to get them re-shelled to customs.

Hope the above info helps some people 
etysmile.gif

May 4, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #37 of 1,167
Kind of a good thing that I decided not to buy SM3 about two weeks ago. I hope they do retune the SM3 and gives it just a little more treble on the v2.

May 4, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #38 of 1,167

Looks interesting. What about warranty
Quote:
According to Franck, if SM3 V1s were purchased before February 1st, the cost to 'upgrade to V2' is 30€. If after, then upgrade is free.

Also, separate from the cost to upgrade, you would need to shell out an additional 37€ for the new cable. Goes without saying that you would also need to ship your V1 to them.

I'm not sure if the above quotes are with/without tax, but I intend on sending mine in as the angular housings really hurt my ears yet I love their sound too much to get them re-shelled to customs.

Hope the above info helps some people 
etysmile.gif

May 4, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #39 of 1,167
Agree, that's what it needs, a little amount of presence in the highs. Even though I liked the original SM3 already. Can't wait.

Quote:
Kind of a good thing that I decided not to buy SM3 about two weeks ago. I hope they do retune the SM3 and gives it just a little more treble on the v2.

May 4, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #41 of 1,167
Damn, feel like doing a trade in now D=

How do we go about the upgrade process? =O

May 4, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #42 of 1,167

Quote:
I am thinking of sending my pair in for warranty/repair I think I will see if they will give an upgrade price or something. If so I will post some impressions.

Oh If you do please let me know.  I'd like to do that.  But when sending it back what needs to be sent back?  Especially if it was bought off here on Head-fi?

May 4, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #43 of 1,167
Today I've noticed that the vent part of one of the earphones is broken. Then I saw the new version's commercial on the Earsonic website and then I read that they can upgrade my SM3's for 30€ :) 

There's only one way for me. I' ve just written to Franck, asking what I have to do with earphones. I will write down some more impressions when something would clear out.

May 4, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #44 of 1,167
Another email update from Franck. According to him, the two versions have the "same sound."

Also, for those interested in taking the 'upgrade to V2' route, in addition to the (1) cost of upgrade and (2) cost of new cable, don't forget to factor in (3) to-and-from shipping costs as well as (4) customs duty, if applicable.

I am now considering ACS' custom fit tips/sleeves as an alternative 'upgrade' option since the costs would work out to be quite similar and my only issue is with fit.

May 4, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #45 of 1,167
I'll probably upgrade my SM3s too since my only niggle with them was the straight edges and i do love the all black finish. 

I've sent an email asking Franck what connectors were used since i would probably just save the cash and get a cable upgrade directly from a cable maker here.

Anyone has any idea if the Earsonics custom connectors are the same as Westone or JH perhaps? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back