Earsonics sm3 V2
May 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #62 of 1,167
Quote:
Hi dear customer, Unlike some customers have wrote on audio forums and according with our retailers.

We don't do free upgrades to v2 (regardless of when a v1 was purchased) We also not propose automatic upgrade option to V2. Exceptionally and regarding the number of e-mails we receive asking for it, we will propose a paying upgrade (60€ for reshell + replaceable cable) to:
-Customers how[sic] have buyed there SM during the last 2 month before the starting of the V2 version.
-Customers how[sic] have a warranty problem with there[sic] SM V1.

we apologize for this but it will be impossible for us to propose this automatic option on good condition of quality of service and manufacture our product line at the same time. We still at your disposal. sincerely, Franck LOPEZ

May 4, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #65 of 1,167
No, me. Already edited it out. Just didn't think it warranted a reply saying "done" until someone came in to ask.
tongue.gif

May 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #67 of 1,167

Quote:
$270 for a single driver BA? 

No thanks.  Unless its pretty damn good, but I have my doubts.

Ever heard of the ER-4?

May 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #68 of 1,167

Quote:
Just took a look at the earsonics website and they look identical to the westone es cable.

Thanks for the input and they do look very similar don't they. Just the upgrade and probably the TWag V2 for me then! :)

May 4, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #70 of 1,167
Ok so based on earlier posts I should be able to get a deal to reshell my SM3 and the cable for 60 euro right? I ask because that will be cheaper than what I have been quoted to fix/reshell my pair and upgrade. Just want to confirm this offer is not based on having to have bought these after a certain date.

May 4, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #71 of 1,167
can you guys ask him whether the difference is just on the shell and the cable? Any explaination on the 34 ohm impedance?

in one of the old thread ("108 IEM compared"?) the SM3 was listed as 34 ohm, but that post was so old it had to be a V1, however all the current V1 spec I can find on line say v1 is17 ohm....

May 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #72 of 1,167

See http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/552337/earsonics-sm3-v2/60#post_7449292
Quote:
Ok so based on earlier posts I should be able to get a deal to reshell my SM3 and the cable for 60 euro right? I ask because that will be cheaper than what I have been quoted to fix/reshell my pair and upgrade. Just want to confirm this offer is not based on having to have bought these after a certain date.

May 4, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #73 of 1,167
Following my first two posts on this thread, it seems that Franck was flooded with similar requests and thus has now changed his policy regarding this. Either that, or there has been a miscommunication from him in his original emails. This is the exact correspondence I had with him, aka the original emails:
Quote:
Hi Franck,

I recently purchased the Earsonics SM3 not too long ago. I note on your website that a new SM3 v2 is coming out with a curved housing and replaceable cable.

I was wondering, if I were to send in my SM3s would you be able to switch the housing to the new one? This is for two reasons:

1) I have small ears. The current housing is angular and hurts my ears after only one or two hours. The curved housing seems like it would be a more comfortable fit.
2) Added flexibility with replaceable cables

If so, would any costs be involved and how much? I am located in Europe and would be willing to pay a reasonable price to get the housing changed.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon!

His response:

Quote:
Hi,

Of course, you can upgrade to the new one model.

-The cost is 30€ HT for the changing if you have ordered your SM3 for more than 3 month (before the 1 february).  if it's after the 1 february, it's free.

-Of course, you have to buy the  replaceable cable accessory to put on the new housing (that is 37€ HT).

You just have to send your SM3 back to us for  "upgrade to V2"  (with you e-mail), we will contact you when we receive your SM3 to process the payment.

sincerely,
Franck LOPEZ

Next, regarding my post on "same sound", this was his response. Once again, I am simply quoting what he said - whether the V2s do or do not have a different sound is up to future owners to decide for themselves:

Quote:
Hi Franck,  
One more question - other than housing/casing differences, does the V2 make any changes from the V1 in terms of the sound quality/sound signature? 

Thank you

His response:

Quote:
Hi,

-No it's the same sound..

The above is simply for the knowledge of fellow Head-Fiers. I have decided not to send mine in for now.

//Edit: Thanks Geruvah, for correcting your post :)

May 4, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #74 of 1,167
Thanks guys I did misread the post. Still going to send these in, then they will be fixed and have the new cables and shells.

May 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #75 of 1,167
Soundearphones quoted us with the price of 89$ for the upgrade/modification fee + the cable which is 19.99$. I think i will be upgrading but still thinking of getting it reshell by Kozee :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back