EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)
Jul 22, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #2,567 of 2,831

Mine were the new batch ones. As far as i can tell. They shipped with the double flange silicones anyway, which I think is the demarcation point for when they issued the new version. Not 100% positive of that though.

Quote:
Hey just a question to those with broken SM3s, were yours the old batch or the newer ones with supposedly more durable casings?

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #2,569 of 2,831
I am due to receive my new pair tomorrow so I will be able to report back more fully on whether there are any differences, whether Audiosonics repaired them or just replaced them etc.

Quote:
Ok that's a cause for concern. I have dropped Franck an email asking if the problem will be further rectified.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #2,570 of 2,831
^ that's great, hopefully it'll be good news. I'll be ordering the sm3 soon and will report back when I receive a reply from Franck.

Edit: I salute Franck for his swift response, just checked my inbox:

It' s have been definitly fixed since the begining of june..
It was just a problem of ultrasound fixing, so we have made a changing on the plastic compositio of the shell to fix it...

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #2,571 of 2,831

Quote:
Mine were the new batch ones. As far as i can tell. They shipped with the double flange silicones anyway, which I think is the demarcation point for when they issued the new version. Not 100% positive of that though.

Mine just arrived this morning and they came with the double flange silicones as standard. They should be from the new batch judging from Franck's earlier response! Will monitor them closely for defects.

Sounds like a million bucks so far (compared to my previous UM3X at least!) :)

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #2,575 of 2,831
I keep saying it @ Bennyboy, the DDMs are wonderful!!!!

Quote:
Just thinking out loud - If the fakers ever get round to doing a knockoff SM3, it might be the first example of a counterfeit earphone being more robust than the original
tongue_smile.gif

While waiting for my replacements to hot foot it over here from France, I am greatly enjoying my Radius DDMs.  Had forgotten how good they were.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #2,576 of 2,831
Mine was part of the new batch too, I am told.

Quote:
Hey just a question to those with broken SM3s, were yours the old batch or the newer ones with supposedly more durable casings?

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #2,577 of 2,831

RAdius DDM. It won't give you isolation like the SM3, but it will fill your ears with glorious sound!!!
Quote:
Are there any full sized cans, who can compare with SM3 sound? (same price range)
Also I usually used PL50 at the gym, that was before buiyng the SM3, now they sound really awfull, lol
Any recomendations at all?
Thanks!

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #2,578 of 2,831
Sound Earphones are the best!!!! They originally gave me 10 percent off for buying the SM2, but now they have changed it to 15 percent off. So my SM2 ended up costing me $225. Great deal!!! I am told these should rollout in the mail sometime next week. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #2,580 of 2,831

Quote:
take your sm3's to the gym and just sit there watching the aerobics chics while you enjoy your music :D

Well, that's not a bad idea :wink:

Quote:
Give up exercise.

Give it up for a few months, and now have to buy more pants!
  (that money should be used to buy headphones)
dt880smile.png

Now really, any nice iem that won't make me miss the SM3 for a while?
I know, i know Benny...none can do that :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back