EarSonics SM3: A Thorough Review
Jun 1, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #16 of 52
The arrow can't properly drive them!? That thing is reported to be capable of driving the 300 ohm HD 6XX series without problems! I can't imagine that it can't drive the T1. Is there some other issue?

Edit: Oops. I thought you were talking about the ACS T1. But as you're referring to the 600 ohm beyer T1 then what you said sounds right.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #17 of 52
Very, very nice review! thank you. After years in the shadow, Im glad EarSonics is finally getting the praise they deserve. 

Jun 1, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #18 of 52
@ solid victory , Thanks for your very entertaining and colorful review of the SM3 , they are truly something very spacial to listen too , they have the ability to reproduce music as it was intended to be heard by the artists performing it unlike any other iem i own ,and the way they do treble is just glorious .
happy_face1.gif
 well the way do everything is just oozes class .

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #20 of 52
Jun 1, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #22 of 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to second this wholeheartedly :) To sleep with SM3 is one of the worst thing to do, because I could never take them off from my ears, as a result I always late to class the next day... 

And I am late to work. :frowning2:

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #23 of 52
^^^  x3 ,He he , i have been waking up early each day to sneak in a couple of hrs listening before i even get up each morning and staying up way to late in the evenings listening to them
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #24 of 52
nice review and thanks for taking the time to write it. it really does sound like Earsonics has done a great job with this earphone. The only thing that is keeping me from getting them is that they have to be worn behind the back and the fact they are quite expensive. Spending close to $400 while I have some earphones that I do enjoy is a bit hard without trying them out first and unfortunately that is not an option.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #25 of 52
@rawrster , The sm3 dose not have to be worn behind the back. I  do not and have never worn mine behind my back ,i wear them over the ears with the cable under my chin and i use the cable slider .
smile_phones.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #26 of 52
Well even if that is the case (someone mentioned the length of Y split and up is around 10 inches which is definitely a lot shorter than I would like) the cost still remains high! I think for now unless I happen to find myself with more income or someone hands me free money I'll settle for the e-Q7, CK10 and what I have in transit. Selling what I have now isn't really an option so no other choices when it's past budget :p

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #28 of 52

Quote:
How is isolation?

I read one review saying that it has superb isolation, but the Earsonics website says the phone is "ventilated", which suggests poor isolation.

By ventilation I believe it is referring to the driver size/air that each driver can push. Shure also stated the same thing with their E4C, saying that it had a "tuned bass-port", which actually meant more air was able to be pushed for a better bass response.

As far as I can tell, there is no open area on the IEM itself to allow air inside. They isolate extremely well, on par and even better than my Shures with the right tips.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #29 of 52

Quote:

I spent over a year looking for this IEM (and didn't know it and didn't think it existed).  Chances are you won't be disappointed, go for it!
devil_face.gif

It sure is easy for me to spend your money!

Quote:
You've opened my ears. I'll be interested to see if any disagreements arise as more listeners add their perspectives... you know, vetting a new product as only a community can do.  The words you chose struck the right chords with me.

I'm a user of the SE530 but dissatisfied by the midbass bloat, slight shouty quality to voicals at times, and the reticent upper mid and treble.  

That's how I feel. His choice of words are the type of descriptions that I would use to characterize a type of IEM that I would consider and put on my list. 

Like you said I will wait out on other members impressions before getting too serious about purchasing.
Isn't there a delay in order to replace the casing? I haven't kept up much with the SM3 appreciation thread but I think I read that the new housing could cause a slight change in treble? Or am I pulling that from something else. Either way if I wanted to buy it I would still have to wait. So this'll give me some time to think about it. Plus the only feasible way I could obtain a pair is to sell of my MTPCs which I would need extremely strong convincing from the MTPC -> SM3 converter's camp (there's a few of them, which is why I'm even considering these; there must be something to them) on the tangible improvements from one to the other. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back