Earsonics Sm2 DLX (vs/ Westone Um2, Um3X, PS200) UPDATED REVIEW
Jun 19, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, this is a least accessories IEM I've seen. 2 pair of tips and a simple carry case.
it look really small. I definately interested but bought a UM3X already deplete my quota for my birthday present

yes, it doesn't have much...but neither does the um3x
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #17 of 35
maodi: how is the cable on the non dlx version? it looks to be the energetic microphonic sort that is used in companies like monster for their turbine. is it? or is it still pliable? the best i have used yet is the audio technica ck10 (i have come to find it even better than the westone one) which looks normal but is soft, non-microphonic and very strong.

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #18 of 35
Shigz - are you thnking what I'm thinking? (shhhh...FS forum)

biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maodi: how is the cable on the non dlx version? it looks to be the energetic microphonic sort that is used in companies like monster for their turbine. is it? or is it still pliable? the best i have used yet is the audio technica ck10 (i have come to find it even better than the westone one) which looks normal but is soft, non-microphonic and very strong.

I would say, it one of the better ones out there. Yes the DLX version's microphonics are extremely low, the Original SM2 is a tad higher, and if you times the Sm2 by a three or four times, you get the Turbines...which i also own. So...yea..

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #20 of 35
One more things, these run at about 50% less power than my Se530's. Very Efficient.

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #21 of 35
i should be demoing a pair soon so i can also help out in this thread. i have owned the turbine, pfe, ck10, um2, se530, er4s, ne7m, qjay, sa6, ct6, 220vi ue, re2, c700, (borrow the ie8), c711, ex51... ill be happy to put them in perspective as to what my experience is.

you are right about the turbine cable - yuck! i love the sound though.

Jun 24, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

i should be demoing a pair soon so i can also help out in this thread. i have owned the turbine, pfe, ck10, um2, se530, er4s, ne7m, qjay, sa6, ct6, 220vi ue, re2, c700, (borrow the ie8), c711, ex51... ill be happy to put them in perspective as to what my experience is.

you are right about the turbine cable - yuck! i love the sound though.

mmm fantastic. Maybe we could work together someday ahaha, that would be nice. I agree, the Turbines are pretty fantastic, and fun sounding IEM's, but the design is a tad heavy, and the cable is a bit...short and well boring and not well designed.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #23 of 35
Soundstage Widened, Lows are more powerful, everything falls together smoother, and the mids are more forward after burning in for 100 hours.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #24 of 35
these are amazing phones surely - progenitorial westone-esque cables, but they are quite smooth with beautifully rounded bass. there is some sibilance, but not as bad as the um2 and they are not as mid-heavy.

these phones work even for trance, which was a concern i had before listening to them. easily one of the best dual's i have heard - if only their housing was better, the ck10 would be slipping from my memory.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

these are amazing phones surely - progenitorial westone-esque cables, but they are quite smooth with beautifully rounded bass. there is some sibilance, but not as bad as the um2 and they are not as mid-heavy.

these phones work even for trance, which was a concern i had before listening to them. easily one of the best dual's i have heard - if only their housing was better, the ck10 would be slipping from my memory.

Nice Impressions Shigzeo, can't wait for your Review to be up
beyersmile.png

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #27 of 35
Thanks for the review. I really do have to say anyone with a small ear canal will most likely have trouble with those square corners pinching something. I believe anything for your ears should be smooth and have curves like a beautiful woman. I think that is key and will be most comfort. Even though they may be universal fit, no corners or edges will come close to my ears. Only smooth and silky.

Thanks again.

Aug 28, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review. I really do have to say anyone with a small ear canal will most likely have trouble with those square corners pinching something. I believe anything for your ears should be smooth and have curves like a beautiful woman. I think that is key and will be most comfort. Even though they may be universal fit, no corners or edges will come close to my ears. Only smooth and silky.

Thanks again.

They don't bother me at all, trust me even when i push them against the back of the ear because the corners are rounded, you don't really feel anything. But yes, that is true it would be better to make them have a round corner edge instead of a corners one, but think about how bland that would look
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back