34.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #32 of 76
Very nice.
I don't try the grace with my birdy.

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #33 of 76
Very nice match...

Nov 1, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #35 of 76
Sometimes at night I try the Grace with my "birdy" but I don't post about it on audio forums...
That is an entirely different type of forum

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #39 of 76
Here is my little review about the new Grace.

First of all, they look like all tipical ES IEMS. They are made by acrylic and look really nice, nicely built and solid. They are very little for a 10 driver Iem. Concerning packaging ant all that, we have the standard ES presentation wichi s very well done and classy. I will mainly compare them to my EM10 wich is the direct brother to the Grace, plugged to my ES Birdy.

Overall sound :

The Grace sound signature is balanced, realy lively, dynamic, punchy and clean, detailled. It’s a real nice and well tuned balance between musicality and technicity.

Bass : The bass on the grace are really tight but at the same time, are capable of tremendous rumble with a nice amount of sub bass. I find them really well layered, textured, less in quantity in comparison with the EM 10 but more airy, less « frontal » and direct. They are incredibly well controlled and natural. Bass/medium transition is incredibly energic, the attack of the kicks are juste so powerfull and realistics… One of the aspect that I really like about them…The rythmic is so poverful and lively…

Medium :

To my ears, here’s the feature that is the most resembling with the EM10. Very « meaty » medium with really nice and natural male and female voices. Female Voices tend to have more energy in the upper medium due to a more energic medium/lower treble region. That gives overall a little more bright medium than the EM10 by keeping the EM10 medium richness and details.

Treble :

There’s more energy than the EM10 that tend to be a little bit « darker ». Grace’s treble are incredibly precise, rich, detailed, smooth, sparkly but never harsh. As I said before, there’s more upper medium/lower treble energy than the tipical ES IEM (tipical ES dip ) but it is still incredibly soft with no sign of harshness or sibillance.

Soundstage/instrument separation/dynamics/speed :

I will say that the soundstage is incredibly precise, large, deep, very « out of head » tipe of IEM. In comparison, EM10 presentation is more « frontal », more « flat », the Grace are more 3d sounding but never artificial or irrealistic, it has a really nice deepness wich translate with good capability space informations and ambience. The Grace are capable also to give « intimacy » when the music is calling for it, the Grace never do too much. Instrument separation is top notch from bottom to top. It is, to mye ars, a step up in technicity in opposition to the more « meaty » EM10 that sometimes tend to « congest » the sound when a lot of instruments are playing. With the Grace, you’ll never have this impression and everything is cleary distinguishable in the space even in complex music pieces. As I said earlyer, dynamics are incredible from bottom to top but the upper bass/lower middle region is what really shines for me with a kick that I never heard in ES IEM before. Speaking about speed, I tend to say that they have the same amount of speed than the well known S-em9 but the Grace are capable to remain musical.

Conclusion:

I will say that the Grace sit between S-em9 technicity and EM10 musicality and I must admit that to mye ars, it’s the perfect tunning. I fiound sometimes that my loved EM10 to lack a little bit technicity in some regards (Deepness, instrument separation). The Grace are like EM10 that have been transformed mainly in the bass region and the upper mid/lower treble/treble region wich gives a more open, airy sound. To my ears, the best ES IEM.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #40 of 76
Thanks for the impression Sly. How's the size of them compared to S-EM9? Do they have the same smooth type of nozzle?

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #41 of 76
They are quite similar but I feel that the grace have a better angle between shell and nozzle. The Nozzle is a litte bit longer.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #42 of 76
Nov 13, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #43 of 76
Except the fact that I personnaly don’t find the bass to be weaker but to my ears more eary so « realistic », I really agree with this very good review.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #45 of 76
I had the chance to get these Grace couple of hours at home. I'll translate my impressions in English later on but I quite liked what I heard but I also feel they are overpriced (if we don't compare to their current range obv)
About the review from Headfonia it's a pitty he doesn't play more with different silicone tips, it makes a (huge) difference and therefore I disagree on the bass to be weak. It is not the case.
A pity also not to compare them with previous UIEM flagship : S-EM9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back