Earsonics "Grace", new Universal IEM Flagship
Nov 21, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #62 of 76
I would like to share some comments regarding the Grace as a EM10 owner as well.

Not difficult to drive, I used the Essential phone with a dongle, obviously I also utilized higher DAP's as well

I am not sure where I read the comment that said they are bass light. The Grace that I have is not bass light. It is not full and deep with loads of sub bass rumble, but in some tracks I hear a nice rumble, not to teeth rattling levels, no. The bass that is present, mid bass, is what provides the fullness. The mid bass is sharp and fast. This is not a DD though. I enjoy the bass in this IEM as it has clarity, because there is no linger in the notes.

In the mids, the tone is excellent in quality, I think the overall tone is great. There is a blending from the mid bass to the mid range that creates fullness, synergy without congestion. At times the sound is warm and at other it displays a neutrality, depending on the genre of music, even with classic rock I have air. This area in the upper mid range seem to create the biggest departure from the EM10. There is overall more air surrounding notes than the EM10, which had a certain congestion through the upper mid, lower treble range. I found no congestion or bottleneck in the mids or upper mids. The sound is open and the notes are distinguishable. The EM10 was not as open sounding as the Grace.

The treble creates a width of stage, overall the stage is more of a rectangle, wider than deep. The is treble is not offensive, never sharp or biting but the tuning is impeccable to create a shimmer which allows the IEM to sound more detailed.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #64 of 76
Dec 21, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #66 of 76
Dec 26, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #67 of 76
I tried the Grace today in Montpellier, and from this brief audition they seem to further perfect the house sound of Earsonics. Doing what the S-EM9 does but better, with more space and air and more forward and clearer mids. I might just grab a pair to be my BA universals.
IMG_20181226_112441.jpg

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #68 of 76
I tried the Grace today in Montpellier, and from this brief audition they seem to further perfect the house sound of Earsonics. Doing what the S-EM9 does but better, with more space and air and more forward and clearer mids. I might just grab a pair to be my BA universals.

Have you tried any in the ES series? It would be nice to have a model that split the difference between the pacy/technical aspect of S-EM9 with the sort of liquid spatial/atmospheric qualities that ES2 and ES5 seem to share (wow am I bad at describing things :confounded: )

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #69 of 76
Have you tried any in the ES series? It would be nice to have a model that split the difference between the pacy/technical aspect of S-EM9 with the sort of liquid spatial/atmospheric qualities that ES2 and ES5 seem to share (wow am I bad at describing things :confounded: )
Nope haven't tried it. I didn't find S-EM9 technical...but the Grace is very musical in any case.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #70 of 76
Nope haven't tried it. I didn't find S-EM9 technical...but the Grace is very musical in any case.

I may be misapplying the term, but only speaking relative to other Earsonics I have had- think what I mean is the speed and pinpoint lateral positioning, and more accurate in texture than the ES2/5, but less tonally 'pleasant' and open/spacious sounding, something to do with decay/reverb maybe (I guess this has something to do with 'musicality').
Guess it is not something you can answer anyway, but thanks for reply.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #71 of 76
They are my favorite EarSonics yet. Compared to the EM10, which shares the same DNA, they have greater air and space surrounding the notes. Nothing offensive about this sound, very smooth, easy listen.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #73 of 76
Earsonics has released their TOTL Grace IEM in what they are calling the HR version. The ergonomics of both cables are really nice. Both cables have a nice supple feel.

HR version: supplied with 2 Hi-RES cables

Balanced 8C
  • Hybrid alloy silver and copper alloy cable 6N OCC
  • 8 twisted cores with 300D oxygen-free kevlar core
  • Anodized aluminum connectors
  • Aluminum Plug straight 2.5mm BALANCED.
  • 2 pin 0.78 mm
Unbalanced 4C
  • Silver 4-wire cable with separate ground.
  • 4 twisted cores with 300D oxygen-free kevlar core
  • Anodized aluminum connectors
  • Aluminum plug 90 ° angled 3.5mm.
  • 2 pin 0.78 mm.
20190903_184426.jpg 20190903_184510.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #74 of 76
Resurrecting the thread to say that I just got mine. Wow. Blown away. Grabbed em used from a headfi member. These are phenomenal. May supplant my Eikons tbqh.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #75 of 76
Resurrecting the thread to say that I just got mine. Wow. Blown away. Grabbed em used from a headfi member. These are phenomenal. May supplant my Eikons tbqh.
I agree they are super. It is a real pity they have flown under radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back