Earsonics EM3PRO vs ACS T1
Feb 10, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #16 of 20

Hmmm, I just received yesterday my new T1s. Coming from acrylic, I honestly was surprised by how better they isolate compared to my old UE-10s.

And that, for on the go use, makes a lot of difference. So far I'm satisfied by them, they play music effortlessly, with great mids, impact bass and detailed highs. Are highs recessed compared to UE-10? They might be. But the overall experience is faultless, at least in my limited experience.

I feel that the review by the editors guild does not do them great justice and, more than anything else, really doesn't stress how quiet background noise gets through silicone.

Edit: also, judging the price/quality ratio on the basis of the number of drivers... Doesn't inspire great confidence. Most professional studio monitors have two drivers...

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #17 of 20
Sure but they're not golden drivers. They can charge what they want and if they're better, they deserve it but there's nothing wrong with him giving a short mention of value AFTER doing a sound compare. That said, I just don't like that review and think he needs a better source etc for that type of product. He likes extra bass and found JHAs and Westones had sibilance which they don't with proper kit.

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
Sure but they're not golden drivers.

What do you mean by that? I don't get it...
confused.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #19 of 20
Hi Gorman,

Hope you are enjoying your T1s. I agree with you that the editors guild review does not do them justice and that they are effortless. Providing the recording is good, I have found everything sounds fantastic through them, I especially like acoustic guitars and heavy Bass Guitars. I think the experience you get is definitely dependant on the the music your listening to.
I have occasionally had the impression that some mids\highs were recessed and then suddenly I will hear a crystal clear cymbal gently being hit in the background.
I dont really have any high end IEMs to compare my T1s to other than Shure SE530s, but the one thing I have noticed when swapping back and forth between the two, is the level of bass produced by the T1s.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
What do you mean by that? I don't get it...
confused.gif

That they're not crazy expensive as purchased by these manufacturers. Not a good way to judge performance but every review should have a comment on what you get for what you pay beyond a subjective sound comparison. I have other issues with that review regarding sibilance and what he feels is the right amount os bass balance.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back