Earsonics EM3PRO vs ACS T1
Jul 28, 2010 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Jimmy6

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all

I'm just helping out a buddy, as he torn between choosing between these two top custom earphones

I myself have the SM3, and can't hardly recommend anything better than the em3's should they sound better than the SM3's
He's had a listen to my SM3's and was blown away by the soundstage and natural sound without fatigue. 
This is comparing with his W3's. 

He was going to go the full custom route EM3pros, but after reading shigzeo's review http://www.touchmyapps.com/2010/04/18/acs-t1-custom-fit-iem-in-review/

The new silicon design looks great! It looks like, correct me if I'm wrong, but butter isolation compared with acrylic material, and the description of bass in the T1's sound awesome. 
One thing if I could improve about the SM3's would be the bass department. It sounds good with music that has lots of sub bass, but with my house music, it doesn't sound fun.
I mean the bass is nice and punchy and in proportion to the music, but it doesn't have that sub woofer impact that is described in shigzeo's review

If anyone who has owned or has had a chance to listen to the two can comment about the differences, and soundstage that would be great!

Cheers
James

Jul 31, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 20
Hi All,

Long time lurker on the headfi forums here. Just bumping this thread as I have similar quiries as the post above and figured its about time I made a few posts.
ph34r.gif

I'm considering either the earsonic em3pros and the acs t1 and need to make a decision soon (before the Aussie dollar falls!).
Anyways, have read basically everything I can find online over the last month or so, got a decent idea on both and starting to lean towards the t1.

However, was wondering if anyone can provide some suggestions/comments on which route to go?
I listen to pretty much literally everything and always exploring new genres but it depends on mood (though lately, more rock and "oldies")...
Plan to get an iphone4 most likely but have a 2g touch, cowon 2d and s9 at the moment.

Oh, and one last thing, remember Shigzeo mentioned in a post somewhere he uses his t1s when he cycles? I would've thought the sweat and everything getting into the iem would be bad... ??

Cheers.

Jul 31, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 20

Quote:
Hi All,

Long time lurker on the headfi forums here. Just bumping this thread as I have similar quiries as the post above and figured its about time I made a few posts.
ph34r.gif

I'm considering either the earsonic em3pros and the acs t1 and need to make a decision soon (before the Aussie dollar falls!).
Anyways, have read basically everything I can find online over the last month or so, got a decent idea on both and starting to lean towards the t1.

However, was wondering if anyone can provide some suggestions/comments on which route to go?
I listen to pretty much literally everything and always exploring new genres but it depends on mood (though lately, more rock and "oldies")...
Plan to get an iphone4 most likely but have a 2g touch, cowon 2d and s9 at the moment.

Oh, and one last thing, remember Shigzeo mentioned in a post somewhere he uses his t1s when he cycles? I would've thought the sweat and everything getting into the iem would be bad... ??

Cheers.

posting to subscribe to this.

On another note, I have ACS custom tips and am very happy with them and for that very reason, I am leaning towards them as well. I'm just interested to see what is said though I'm not sure I will plunge into full customs just yet.

With regards to cycling and sweat, custom IEMs are actually geared towards musicians and live gigs and sweat is common in those circumstances so I'm sure they are alright. That said, the JH series cable seems to turn green on sweat, but it only seems to be cosmetic.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 20

Quote:
With regards to cycling and sweat, custom IEMs are actually geared towards musicians and live gigs and sweat is common in those circumstances so I'm sure they are alright. That said, the JH series cable seems to turn green on sweat, but it only seems to be cosmetic.

Thanks Cravenz. That actually makes a lot of sense! Though I'd still hesitate to use a pair of customs while doing sports. Just the thought of some how screwing them up....

But looks like we're not going to get too many comments, so I'll take probably my chances with the ACS T1s!!

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 20
The only headfier I know of to have both is shigzeo. Perhaps you should send him a PM with your questions?

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #6 of 20
Hi, the acs t1 (also made in my country) and the em3pro are on the top of my list for custom iems. I read a comparative review linked to in the jh16 vs es5 thread that had the acs t1 as one of the reviewed iems and it did not do so well except in the bass department. Still would like to know a direct comparison between em3pro (it was not in that big comparative custom iem review) and the t1 though since the acs t1 is in silicone and a b it cheaper and made locally. I hope shigzeo can chime in here because indeed he seems to be the only one that has both. Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 20
Hi Guys,

I cant comment on the EM3Pro but I have had the T1s for about a year now and can only tell you that if you go down that route you wont regret it.

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #9 of 20
Nice article. He does say they would make great IEMs if it wasnt for the price. Having said that, he is comparing 3 drivers against IEMs with more and they still hold their own. For me personally, they were the ideal option as they are based in the UK.

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
Ah but you know, thats just hte thing. I think i MIGHT regret it based on the below review https://www.editorsguild.com/FromTheGuild.cfm?FromTheGuildid=176

But if you buy JH customs or EM3pro, you MIGHT regret it based on Shigzeo's great review of the ACS T1.

wink_face.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 20
bigsmile_face.gif

Your're right, I think you can get into a mindset of never making a decision because you're constantly assessing your options....thats what happened to me for months and months. Eventually, after reading the few T1 reviews I could find at the time, the fact they were in the UK and that they had made some custom tips for my Shure SE530s....I bit the bullet and went for it. I do think that once you start to get into that price bracket, the differences between IEMs become smaller and it comes down to other factors such as convenience, comfort and what the general consensus seems to be.

I hate being without mine. I had a problem in that the right ear died after about 3months and in the week they were gone for a replacement earpiece, I had to "slum it" with my Shures....I couldnt wait to get my T1s back from ACS.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #12 of 20
Hi well for me midrange and soundstage do come first in importance together with a non-riolled off treble. Bass is important too of course but should not get into the way of the midrange or draw my focus away from midrange too mch i like punchiness and authority though. Does shigzeo actively compare acs t1 with em3pro and jh13 if so I have to read it. For me the difference in price between westone es5 and acs t1 is not too bad and they are both produced here in the Netherlands. I think i might prefer em3pro over es5 though. Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #13 of 20
Well, whatever you decide on...enjoy
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #15 of 20
Hi Kryten, I do understand what you are saying. Eventually you just have to decide. If I were in the uk choosing acs would be easier I guess. I think shigzeo had the acs t1 before he got his em3pro. I already read his t1 review now going to reread his em3pro review to see if he makes any references to the acs t1. Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back