Earsonic SM3 vs. JH5 PRO
Sep 5, 2010 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Wizik

Head-Fier
Hi all,
in few months I want buy some IEMs. I was decided to go for JH5PRO, because I love Jerry Harvey´s work. But then I start to read about new earsonic sm3.
What is better for me ? My last IEMs was Ety ER-4P and their sound was good for my, but I want somethink better with very neutral sounding. I will use it with sandisk sansa clip + or sansa fuze.
Can anybody help me to choose ? Thanks and sorry for my English.

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 6
How much money you have to spend (budget)?

Here is a great review where you can read the comparison of 4 top tiers (most expensive and best of universal IEM according to James444)

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503801/review-impressions-of-the-final-audio-design-fi-ba-ss-versus-the-sm3-fx700-and-e-q7

Good luck in your search

Sep 5, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 6
My budget is max. 450€/560USD. I want customs so much, but that SM3 looks great too and I can´t decide. I don´t want other universal IEM. Price for SM3 for me is 390€ and for JH5 with everything and maybe with duty it will be 400-500€.

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 6
No other help ? Is there someone who can recommend JH5, or someone who hear K701 and SM3 ? I want somethink with good details, fast bass but not much strong and with good highs and instrument separation.

Sep 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 6
Take a look at my thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502199/jh-audio-jh-5-pro-and-more

I've had mine for a month or two now and I'm absolutely pleased in every way. I haven't heard the SM3's but you can't go wrong with the JH-5's.

Sep 6, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Hi all,
in few months I want buy some IEMs. I was decided to go for JH5PRO, because I love Jerry Harvey´s work. But then I start to read about new earsonic sm3.
What is better for me ? My last IEMs was Ety ER-4P and their sound was good for my, but I want somethink better with very neutral sounding. I will use it with sandisk sansa clip + or sansa fuze.
Can anybody help me to choose ? Thanks and sorry for my English.

Based on the reviews, the SM3 won't sound anything like what you say you're looking for.
It sounds like you want a ck10 or dba-02. Go read some reviews, if it's not too difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back