Earpeace Livewires T1. A Detalied Review.
Aug 25, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #31 of 140
dam i have shure se530 but dam dam im feeling it for these babies i really am,as dual drivers they may lack definition to bass but they do offer something i crave and thats customs customs customs i want em...i want em now,i live in the uk and have had molds done for previous ue customs,but i got my molds done over in the states,i live in good old birmingham,well,not so good but does anyone now of the likeliest place to get more molds done??

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #32 of 140
Crap. Every review of these pushes me closer to an order. This was the best written review of these I have come across yet. Excellent pix as well. Thanks for spending the time, and curse you for feeding my upgrade-itus.

Did I infer from my reading that smiling results in your losing the seal?

-Hanzo

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #33 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did I infer from my reading that smiling results in your losing the seal?

-Hanzo

Well yes. It's strange, I can do pretty much everything else and not lose it, open my mouth, talk, sing, but not smile. Weird...

Aug 26, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #34 of 140
how many of you guys use your livewire with no amp? I've considering buying livewire for couple of months actually but the whole hiss thing really worries me. How does the hiss on livewires compare to um2? I didn't think the hiss on um2 was too bad.

i have absolutely no intention of carrying around an amp.

Aug 26, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #36 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how many of you guys use your livewire with no amp? I've considering buying livewire for couple of months actually but the whole hiss thing really worries me. How does the hiss on livewires compare to um2? I didn't think the hiss on um2 was too bad.

i have absolutely no intention of carrying around an amp.

The Livewire picks up hiss about the same as the UM2, perhaps just a little bit worse. It's completely unnoticeable when there's music playing.

Aug 26, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #37 of 140
What a great read. Thank you very much. I'm not quite sure if you've mentioned this, but were your impressions opened-mouth, closed-mouth or half-open with biting block?

Aug 26, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #38 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Livewire picks up hiss about the same as the UM2, perhaps just a little bit worse. It's completely unnoticeable when there's music playing.

While that may be good advice for jayehs, that is not complete. It depends on your source. From my iPod, music fails to dull the hiss almost at all, it's still a massive intrusion on the music.

Aug 26, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #39 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a great read. Thank you very much. I'm not quite sure if you've mentioned this, but were your impressions opened-mouth, closed-mouth or half-open with biting block?

I may have missed this... *quick check of the text*... yes, I did miss it.

No biteblock, but I sat with my mouth closed, but not clamped shut. Basically, pretty relaxed around the jaw area. That was what my audiologist reccomended for me, and I am pretty happy with his reccomendation. He said my ears are fairly straight, the bends not as sharp, so this may have had something to do with it.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #40 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While that may be good advice for jayehs, that is not complete. It depends on your source. From my iPod, music fails to dull the hiss almost at all, it's still a massive intrusion on the music.

Didn't think about that. Should have mentioned that I use a X5L as a source.

Man, is the hiss on the iPod that bad?

Edit: One more thing. Has anybody had to send in their pair for adjusting? I may have to send mine back tomorrow for a very small adjustment and I was wondering what the turnaround time usually is for that sort of thing.

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #41 of 140
Quote:

Yup. Sure is. Good thing I have the lineout to play with!

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #42 of 140
Quote:

Edit: One more thing. Has anybody had to send in their pair for adjusting? I may have to send mine back tomorrow for a very small adjustment and I was wondering what the turnaround time usually is for that sort of thing.

Oh thats kind of comforting, I was worried about the hiss, I have just ordered them. And was having worries lol. But I have the x5l too, so if it's ok on that for you, I guess it will be good!

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #43 of 140
A question to the English folks, how did you send the impressions (which service) ?

I rang up and paid in advance over the phone, and just wondered how to send them tomorrow.

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #44 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A question to the English folks, how did you send the impressions (which service) ?

I rang up and paid in advance over the phone, and just wondered how to send them tomorrow.

I sent mine International Signed For, small packet, at the post office. Cost about £6 plus the cost of the box/packing. Airsure is supposedly faster, but no signature is needed upon delivery.

I sent my impressions on wednesday, and according to the usps website they attempted delivery this morning, which is pretty darned rapid imo.

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #45 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent mine International Signed For, small packet, at the post office. Cost about £6 plus the cost of the box/packing. Airsure is supposedly faster, but no signature is needed upon delivery.

I sent my impressions on wednesday, and according to the usps website they attempted delivery this morning, which is pretty darned rapid imo.

Aha ok, I see they have an address for ups/dhl/fedex etc, I guess you must need to send it to that one too (the service you used) ? Because I guess the PO box, wouldn't have anyone to sign lol.

£6 isn't bad I guess, I expected about £5 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back