Earpeace Livewires T1. A Detalied Review.
Aug 23, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #17 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh great you are local to me it seems, I'm in Eastbourne. And I was having a look at the sussex audiologist centre, but this hearing company is in Brighton?

It's a chain as far as i can tell, although the closest for you would seem to be in Hove as well...

http://www.thehearingcompany.co.uk/h...ny-stores.html

I'd see if i could find somewhere close if you could though, since it's going to cost you a bit in petrol otherwise.

It's also as well to either print out or note down the instructions on the ultimate ears website (i fugure if it's good enough for UE it's good enough for Livewires
wink.gif
) so the audiologist knows exactly what you need.

Aug 23, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 140
Quote:

Also a quick question to Stew or other people from England who have bought them, how long did the process actually take? It's just I have a timeframe that I would like them for, in about a months time. And if it's going to take 2-3 months, I don't want/cant wait that long for them
frown.gif

It's lucky to have other Brits and even locals to compare the time etc.

I sent my impressions off yesterday ... but probably by the time i have them it will be half way through the month, not giving you enough time (if you know what i mean). I've heard reports of longer than that, as well as much faster.

Aug 23, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a chain as far as i can tell, although the closest for you would seem to be in Hove as well...

http://www.thehearingcompany.co.uk/h...ny-stores.html

I'd see if i could find somewhere close if you could though, since it's going to cost you a bit in petrol otherwise.

It's also as well to either print out or note down the instructions on the ultimate ears website (i fugure if it's good enough for UE it's good enough for Livewires
wink.gif
) so the audiologist knows exactly what you need.

Thanks for replying. I was going to ask them tomorrow (phone up) that store in Hove. But do you need to book an appointment? If so, how long did you have to wait? Or is it purely walk in and wait lol?

I got a reply from John, and he reckoned 3-4 weeks. Also commented on the instructions:

"The only instructions that we have is that your jaw be in a relaxed position (natural state) and that you take the impression to the 2nd bend of the ear canal."

Aug 23, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #20 of 140
Quote:

Thanks for replying. I was going to ask them tomorrow (phone up) that store in Hove. But do you need to book an appointment? If so, how long did you have to wait? Or is it purely walk in and wait lol?

I got a reply from John, and he reckoned 3-4 weeks. Also commented on the instructions:

"The only instructions that we have is that your jaw be in a relaxed position (natural state) and that you take the impression to the 2nd bend of the ear canal."

I phoned up and after explaining what i was after (the lady had to ask the audiologist if they could just do the impressions) i got lucky and an appointment for the next day. You might not be so lucky and have to wait a week. IIRC, appointments were mornings only, as the audiologist does home visits in the afternoon. I had open jaw impressions, so i hope they work out ok
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 140
Quote:

Thanks for this review, very interesting. I'm wondering how much it cost you for the impressions to be made? I don't think you mentioned it, sorry if I didn't see that!

Mine were £35 from a Specsavers Hearcare centre (in Bristol). I don;t think it's a standard service they offer, as the receipt was handwritten, not a proper printed store receipt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review, i'm posting my impressions to them in the morning. How long was it from you posted yours till you had them in your hands?

I believe it was in the region of a month or so, maybe a tad longer. I allowed about a week for sending to the US, then they had a 3 week lead time, then a tad under a week to get back here.

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #22 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by truant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review stewtheking!!
And very useful for me, because I'm planning to upgrade my UM2's.
Livewires will be my choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awesome write-up, thanks Stew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcn3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awesome review -- written beautifully.

Ta, Ta, and Ta.

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #23 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I mention somewhere in the depths of the review, apparently all new livewires come with a gold miniplug. Now you have no excuse not to buy a pair...

Ah, but I do! Can't get a trip to an audiologist... Can't convince my parents to drive me down there. $250 is kind of expensive (but this is head-fi)...

But I might give a pair a try. Custom IEM's are something I'd like to experience.

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #24 of 140
Fantastic review! You're making the wait for mine all the more painful. Hopefully I should have mine tomorrow. My only concern is whether or not they will fit properly. I wish I saw those instructions from Ultimate Ears a few weeks ago.

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #25 of 140
Glad you got them, glad you like them. I'm taking mine on the road for the first time this weekend. Only used them in local acoustic shows as of late. So far from rehearsals I've been happy with the sound and the new IEM rig I just finished building. The stage is the ultimate test. I'll maybe update my review when I get back.

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #26 of 140
Thought I would let you all know after reading the various reviews on this board, I have booked my audiologist appointment for Tuesday. Thank god there was a local guy on here to help out!! I would have ended up probably getting ripped off, it wasn't for you rev. Hope it doesn't take to long for the whole process to recieve the livewires, but I think it will be worth having a few weeks without them. Indeed they say it's only £10 which is very cheap when speaking to most people on here.

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 140
Quote:

Thought I would let you all know after reading the various reviews on this board, I have booked my audiologist appointment for Tuesday. Thank god there was a local guy on here to help out!! I would have ended up probably getting ripped off, it wasn't for you rev. Hope it doesn't take to long for the whole process to recieve the livewires, but I think it will be worth having a few weeks without them. Indeed they say it's only £10 which is very cheap when speaking to most people on here.

You going to the place in Hove?

If you are, a heads up on parking ... George Street is pedestrianized, and it can be a pain to find places to park in Hove, so you might wanna budget a bit of time to find a space.

Aug 25, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #28 of 140
Yeah I got one in Hove, but I just noticed that there is an opticians that may do it. They list the store on the hearing company site, so gonna give them a ring up. I'm in need of these livewires fast, so if they can do it here in Eastbourne, but I have to wait a while, I will just go to Hove. I will be going on the Train
biggrin.gif
I don't drive, and it seems quite close to the train station? Gonna cost me about £8

Also, I emailed John at livewires, but he hasn't replied yet. I downloaded the order form, but there is no space to put your credit card details. How do you sort this out? I mean actually paying them.

Aug 25, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #29 of 140
Quote:

I don't drive, and it seems quite close to the train station? Gonna cost me about £8

Probably easier in the long run.

Quote:

Also, I emailed John at livewires, but he hasn't replied yet. I downloaded the order form, but there is no space to put your credit card details. How do you sort this out? I mean actually paying them.

They take paypal, John said to me that if you write on the order form to contact you on reciept of your impressions, and you'll pay by paypal then. Also you then know that they arrived ok. If not, i think you can phone your CC details through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back