***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Feb 1, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #406 of 611
You guys are going to kill me here, with buying all these ear buds lol 

Kinda temped to buy the Pro's, but ......

PAA-1s ordered

Honestly I do not mind spending any kinda of money on ear bud's that justify the price with stellar sound, but it's great to see plenty of excellent buys for under $100

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #407 of 611
I'm still not quite sold on the PAA-1 yet.  I know the old models used to be on par with PK3s and MX760s, but I need more input lol.

I'm still waiting on the Blox M2C to be restocked this month unless I can find someone who's selling theirs here.

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #410 of 611
Very glad this thread exists.  I've sorely needed a good pair of earbuds.

I just ordered the PAA1-Pro.  Currently I use the DBA02 at work, but its isolation is a problem.  Will post thoughts when I get these.

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #411 of 611
swbf2cheater,
Has your taste changed? I have the first version of PAA1 (blue). It is pleasant sounding. However, the treble doesn't get that high; the bass doesn't get that low; the sound stage stretches, mid/vocal can sometimes sound hollowed; and, music details are to be desired. It is pleasant sounding, but is it pleasant enough to overlook those 'shortcomings' ?  I remembered Blox M2C was rated nearly as good as Yuin PK1; so, is PAA1 as good as PK1?  Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is bad; in fact,  for $20, why not? It puzzles me, should we throw away everything else?

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #412 of 611

Quote:

70h, show full potential
300h, develop a smooth fluid like sound, very pleasant but somewhat sticky
550h, dynamics show up and that's when you can begin to appreciate sound stage and layering, individual instrument is integrated and stands alone
750h, the sound is completely integrated, soundstage maximized, more refinement, more instrument noticeable, more details, before the presentation is great but the sound is grainy
1200h, continued refinement, more instrument noticeable, more details, the sound becomes tangible 
2000h, continued refinement, more instrument noticeable, more details, the sound settles with no further noticeable change

No offence, but I think it's bu..... Currently I own MX980, very happy with them. Maybe they changed at first when first played out of box. I thought they were evolving, testing them for several houndred hours, but man I was wrong. I stopped using them for 1 month, then plugged to my ears and guess what happened? It all went back to first stage when I first heared them out of box. All the impression of progress in sound was gone. From that point my ears needed to get used to their sound all over again, when I had that impression of burnt-in a month ago. That's why I think this whole burning-in is more of a placebo rather than a scintific proven thing, though I agree phones do change in sound, but only at the begining of usage. Your detailed descrption is just imagination of your mind. Try to make a break of using several phones for couple weeks, then you'll hear what I am talking about :)

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #413 of 611

Quote:
swbf2cheater,
Has your taste changed? I have the first version of PAA1 (blue). It is pleasant sounding. However, the treble doesn't get that high; the bass doesn't get that low; the sound stage stretches, mid/vocal can sometimes sound hollowed; and, music details are to be desired. It is pleasant sounding, but is it pleasant enough to overlook those 'shortcomings' ?  I remembered Blox M2C was rated nearly as good as Yuin PK1; so, is PAA1 as good as PK1?  Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is bad; in fact,  for $20, why not? It puzzles me, should we throw away everything else?

I was unaware of any previous version of the Paa1.  Mine is white, and i think they also come in black right now.  As I said, the Paa1 is the overall best value I have come across and I made sure to mention its sonic clarity is not as good as the Blox, however its soundstage is on par if not a bit better and has more bass. I hear nothing hollowed out of lacking at all so I think you are listening to a first generation that Ive never heard.

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #414 of 611
I just received a confirmation from a Chinese vender. White Paa1 has thicker cable; Black Paa1 is newer version. Both are in production; nothing is discontinued. The vendor was told by multiple customers, black and white have different sound. I will not be surprised if all 3 versions sound differently. My friends may bring them to me when they visit me next time (I don't know when).

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #415 of 611
Yea, the paa1 I have sounds moderately thick and weighty like it should be, no thinness or hollow sound at all, very nice low end, middle ground placement for the mids with average highs and an excellent sound stage for the price on par with the Blox.   I just got to hear the Paa1 Pro and I am ASTOUNDED.  $50 for something on par with the Mx980 is scary, the pro will be the earbud I will use until something significantly better comes out.  I am going to try to purchase it before saying more about it, but I am using the expensive Living model right now as I type this and it is a mini AKG k701, I will post impressions as soon as I diagnose why my camera isn't working.  Will also post a thread about all three models...this series of earbuds are THE YUIN AND MX KILLERS. 

Jack at hisound is a genius.  Not sure what else to say, this performance level for this price?  Insanity.  

Feb 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #416 of 611
How's the bass on the PAA1 pro? I have read that they are very bassy, too bassy for some. That's what killed the TFTA 1101 for me, together with the narrow soundstage. But I prefer textured and deep bass to boomy bass...

EDIT: Damn it that I have too many expenses right now! Well, at least I'll buy the black version of the PAA1 when I get my salary, and then work my way up. Hope they lower the price of the Living before they discontinue it...

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #420 of 611
I was as well but thats just my preference. I prefer the warmer more fun signature.  I think the Blox is a bit more clear in overall sound qualities but the HS pro is warmer with loads more bass. If you want a neutral more balanced signature, the Blox is your best bet, if you want a colored and more fun sound, the HS pro is the way to go.   They have a similar soundstage height and width but better depth with more separation and an airy.  Hisound is the new king on the block, if you ask me.  Their earbuds are all excellent and the Pro is likely going to be my main earbud that I take on the go, while the Living is more of a reference monitor style sound, bass anemic with very strong mids and highs, extremely potent highs that are bright and well suited for vocal tracks with a focus on mids and absent strong bass, i much prefer the pro.  You can't go wrong with either, the Pro or the M2C and it depends on which sound you like most.  

( both of which again will be reviewed here soon )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back