***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Jan 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #61 of 611
its the 9wave plastics, which i thought you said were better than 980's which i am interested in knowing how to obtain.

Quote:
No, I meant what I said.  The 9wave plastic > MX880 
and the MX980 > AD700 for gaming ( ad700 had nothing to do with this review but I found this to be true )

lots of electronics sites carry the mx980, but for a incredible prices now. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #63 of 611
swbf2cheater, how long did you burn your K319 in? Or maybe you got a knockoff?
This sounds so unlike my own experience or the other reviews on the site it makes me wonder.

Mine are still burning in (~24hours now) but sound is already clear and intrument seperation is excellent. Can produce sound well outside the head depending on the record.
True story: recording with "boxed" soundstage used a civil-emergency siren effect which located pretty far into the room. At first I thought we had a civil alarm test
wink.gif

Only bass is still too low, not by much but I hope this will get in line within the next 75hours so the sound will be well rounded.

Btw, all Euro buyers, those can be had for just €40, which I consider a steal.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #64 of 611
My guide is not to be mistaken for a random collection of reviews, the AKGs are in the top 10 BEST YOU CAN GET :)

They are very good, just that compared to the others they are not the best on the list.  For their price point at $100 or so, they are not the best value but still remain in my picks for the 10 best you can get.  When I said boxed, I did not mean small sound, I meant the shape.  It is box shaped, equally tall and wide to my ears.  If you can get them at that price in europe, that is definitely a steal and I am kind of jealous lol

btw, i hope mine wasnt a knock off lol :[  all of them except the 9waves a the time of the first post were used for at least 50 hours each. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #65 of 611
What's about Sennheiser OMX 980? Is it same as the MX980?

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #67 of 611
Jan 16, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #68 of 611
Great guide, Swbf. I must ask though, can you hear surrounding noises with the MX980? For example, be able to hear others on a bike trail coming behind you, or something of the sort.

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #69 of 611

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What's about Sennheiser OMX 980? Is it same as the MX980?

Yep, identical just with ear guide clips

...and a $60 premium.
frown.gif

I gotta say swbf2cheater, I'm a bit jealous – as far as I know, the 9wave "plastic edition" isn't even official yet!

The 9wave NW Studio ( plastic version is called NW Studio and the metal is called NW Studio Pro ) could potentially take over the market for sub $100 earbuds.  Thats just how good they are compared to a lot of others I have demoed and reviewed.  For a $50-60 + shipping price tag...just an immense deal.  I wish I would have asked 9 wave to give me a few more demo sets to issue out to people :[  but a date was listed on the 9wave website.  

www.9wave.jp

Quote:
Great guide, Swbf. I must ask though, can you hear surrounding noises with the MX980? For example, be able to hear others on a bike trail coming behind you, or something of the sort.

Thanks, I tried to tell it like it is and spent a whole year collecting and saving some cash to get all the earbuds together at once.  Was really hard but very fun.  As for your question, the mx980 do not isolate very well, normal listening volume should be low enough to hear noises around you, anything beyond that and its not wise to wear ANY headphones if there is a potential for you to not hear something nearby.  

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #75 of 611
Hi

I finally pulled the pug one some mx980 and I have been listening to it for 2 hours without burning in out of my sansa fuze and I love it so far.
It brought the highs, and the clarity I was missing on the as-charm. I paid 50 euros more than what I could have paid a few months back.
These are really awesome. It doesn't sound like other sennheisers I had. 
I am now a very happy guy in terms of headphones. I have 3 similar sounding headphones now for each situation. Sony SA5000 for home, DBA-02 for noise isolation and Sennheiser mx980 for no isolating discretion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back