***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Jan 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #31 of 611

Quote:
Quote:
the at cm707 has just arrived! 1st impression is tighter bass than cm700 and piano forte II. more quantity than cm700 while retaining the quality. mids are lovely and just supposed to be where they are (a little bit more forward than cm700). highs are sparkly and shimmery but non sibilant. lets see what burn in does! ill give it a good 2 weeks before posting my final impressions. this makes the piano forte II sound muddy and the cm700 sound thin

Hi mywallethurts:

Interesting first impressions of the CM707. From the reading of the listening experiences that many Head-Fi members have posted about the performance of both the older CM7 and the recently obsoleted CM700, it would appear that the CM707 is more of a return to the richer sound of the CM7, but with the base deficiency that some had experienced with that much older AT flagship more fully addressed.

P.S.: By the way, I really like your Head-Fi handle "mywallethurts". It could very well be the sub-handle of virtually every member of this board.
smile_phones.gif

yes everyone can relate to my name haha
i only wished it had a 1.2m cord and not the short .6m cord
so far ive got no complaints on the sound. 80 more hours to go before ill give 2nd impressions

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #32 of 611
Quote:
lugholes are slang for ears ;P

The addition of the Blox Tm5 will be greatly delayed if not totally canceled.  USPS is giving me some trouble,  The package seems lost. USPS wont really give me any other information outside of not paying for the loss even though I had insurance on it.  I waited months to get the blox lol, they wont win without a good fight

Edit: Curious to know what the soundstage is like on the cm707s

soundstage is almost on par with  the piano forte II and has almost the same depth and width with the mx980

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #34 of 611

My CM707's just arrived and I agree with 'mywalletshurts' first impressions are that they are very special earbuds.

From the box.
Aluminium housing 
15.4mm driver unit
T.P.E cranked bushing
Resonance duct
Frequency response: 10-24,000Hz
Impedance: 16 Ω

The Resonance duct according to the manual is a tunnel inside the housing that controls the air flow to create greater depth.

The Y-splitter for the cable is a bit strange as it is almost at the bottom of the cable right before the extension cable.     

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57860398@N03/sets/72157625747828006/with/5324182223/

--
Iain

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #35 of 611

Quote:
Quote:
Damn you! Now I have to buy the CM707 when I go to Japan the next time! I love my CM700, and from your description, the CM707 might address the few lacks that the CM700 has.

you dont need to go to japan to get one. order one now! :))

Yeah, I know. But I do not mind buying them there. I have bought too many earbuds/earphones lately. My wife, who is Japanese, and I lived in Japan during 2010 and we returned to Sweden just one week ago. In Japan I bought the CM700TI, along with ATH M50, ATH ES7 and Pioneer SE-EX9 clip-on earphones. All second hand from Japanese Yahoo auction, by the way.
After I have returned to Sweden I have bought, hold on to your hats: AKG K319, Sennheiser MX760, Yuin PK2, Sunrise Feeling and Yuin G2A clip-ons. I think it is best to take a break from buying headphones for a while. Well, I will buy a pair of Sennheiser HD 25 1:II to complement my ATH ES7. Then I will not buy anything until my wife and I go to Japan the next time. We might go there in the autumn this year and then I am thinking about the CM707 and the Victor/JVC HP-AL1000 clip-ons. As well as buying a new Sony A 855 DAP to my wife...

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #38 of 611

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Damn you! Now I have to buy the CM707 when I go to Japan the next time! I love my CM700, and from your description, the CM707 might address the few lacks that the CM700 has.

you dont need to go to japan to get one. order one now! :))

Yeah, I know. But I do not mind buying them there. I have bought too many earbuds/earphones lately. My wife, who is Japanese, and I lived in Japan during 2010 and we returned to Sweden just one week ago. In Japan I bought the CM700TI, along with ATH M50, ATH ES7 and Pioneer SE-EX9 clip-on earphones. All second hand from Japanese Yahoo auction, by the way.
After I have returned to Sweden I have bought, hold on to your hats: AKG K319, Sennheiser MX760, Yuin PK2, Sunrise Feeling and Yuin G2A clip-ons. I think it is best to take a break from buying headphones for a while. Well, I will buy a pair of Sennheiser HD 25 1:II to complement my ATH ES7. Then I will not buy anything until my wife and I go to Japan the next time. We might go there in the autumn this year and then I am thinking about the CM707 and the Victor/JVC HP-AL1000 clip-ons. As well as buying a new Sony A 855 DAP to my wife...

Hi Danneq,

How is the ATH-CM700 when it is compared ot Yuin PK2? In your opinion which one is better? 
Among all the earbud you have, which one you consider to be the best?
I think you should start your own earbud-mega-review thread :p

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #39 of 611

Quote:
Hi Danneq,

How is the ATH-CM700 when it is compared ot Yuin PK2? In your opinion which one is better? 
Among all the earbud you have, which one you consider to be the best?
I think you should start your own earbud-mega-review thread :p

I have just recieved the PK2, so I have not compared them to the CM700 directly. When I first listened to the PK2 out of the box, I first thought I had got PK3 with "PK2" text printed on them. They are described as airy and not very bassy. But I could definitively hear a lot of bass and they were quite upfront. Wjhen I compared them to my PK3, I could hear how much more refined the PK2 are and how much better instrument separation is. So they were indeed PK2 earbudss.

I really like the CM700, and they have a really big soundstage. The PK2 are more "in your face". Perhaps some people might think that the CM700 are a bit boring with the airy sound and big soundstage. My impression is that the detail level between the PK2 and CM700 is very much alike, with the only real difference being that the CM700 sound "bigger" and at the same time more neutral than the PK2.
I got my PK2 for just $54 including shipping from a seller on Ebay. I recommend both the PK2 and that seller (I will not write his name here, if you want to know it send me a PM). In my small collection of earbuds, I would rank the PK2 second behind the CM700. But that it mostly because of personal preference. I have still not listened much to the other ones, except my PK3 which I have owned for 1,5 year.

I am not one who does big review threads, but I am happy to contribute to other threads. I think I will not need any more eabuds after the CM707. I do not want too expensive ones, and I want earbuds with low ohm that can be driven easily, so that leaves out stuff like Sennheiser MX980, Blox TM5, Sunrise Charm and Yuin PK1/OK1...

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #40 of 611
I am very curious to compare the 707 to the 9wave Aluminum,  like I said before if i cant get my hands on some 707s soon, I hope to have them by April of 2011 ( tax return week ) haha

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #41 of 611
And I am very curious about the 9wave plastic. The aluminum version is a bit too much for me. Too bad I moved back to Sweden from Japan just when the 9wave and the Piano forte II had been released.
Perhaps I will have to include the 9wave plastic in my "must buy" list...

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #42 of 611

Quote:
And I am very curious about the 9wave plastic. The aluminum version is a bit too much for me. Too bad I moved back to Sweden from Japan just when the 9wave and the Piano forte II had been released.

Definitely! The plastics are a great all around set that are more geared to rock and casual listening.  The Metals are for classical and live music.  You wont have to wait much longer :wink:
http://www.9wave.jp/index.html

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #43 of 611

Quote:
Quote:

Definitely! The plastics are a great all around set that are more geared to rock and casual listening.  The Metals are for classical and live music.  You wont have to wait much longer :wink:
http://www.9wave.jp/index.html

This is what I love about Head-Fi!! Indeed, if it were not for this group -- and this thread in particular -- I wouldn't even know about the relatively new earphones Piano Forte II and 9wave. But I guess with so many forks in the ground turning soil, it is only a matter of time before something new turns up. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #45 of 611
got my OMX980's yesterday.  it took 2 days to ship from france.  not too shabby.  very glad i got the ear hook version.

i'm sure ill share more as time passes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back