***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Jan 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #16 of 611
"It seems Euro prices are crazy good compared to US prices"
i don´t heard that someone says that the german prices are good.  
wink_face.gif
  (btw: UM1 has a really warm sound sig.)
(do you think, MX880 is good enough for the beginning?)

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 611
Nice list, very useful. Thanks!

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #19 of 611
the at cm707 has just arrived! 1st impression is tighter bass than cm700 and piano forte II. more quantity than cm700 while retaining the quality. mids are lovely and just supposed to be where they are (a little bit more forward than cm700). highs are sparkly and shimmery but non sibilant. lets see what burn in does! ill give it a good 2 weeks before posting my final impressions. this makes the piano forte II sound muddy and the cm700 sound thin

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #20 of 611
lugholes are slang for ears ;P

The addition of the Blox Tm5 will be greatly delayed if not totally canceled.  USPS is giving me some trouble,  The package seems lost. USPS wont really give me any other information outside of not paying for the loss even though I had insurance on it.  I waited months to get the blox lol, they wont win without a good fight

Edit: Curious to know what the soundstage is like on the cm707s

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #24 of 611
Sorry. Probably me causing the confusion.
Not very experienced with buds but found the Sansa ones with Clip+ just fitted in just fine.
Recently ordered three CM700s for some Head-Fiers (tried to dissuade them, honest guv) who thought they were worth a punt at £33 plus postage from UK. One of the deliveries looked like a demo item so while I waited for it to be collected I gave it a go meself. Didn't have foam covers and found it difficult and/or uncomfortable to get the fit which made them sound really good.
So I'm assuming I'd need small earbuds and understand those AKGs are bigger than those with generic small plastic shells (cheapos, Sunrise and Yuin PK series).

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #25 of 611
The Mx880 and the AKGs are similar and both very large, much larger than the sunrise or the yuins ( Im actually selling an unused set of charms right now ;D )  

I think I am going to pass on the cm series for a while, the blox loss was enough to make me want to take a break from testing new buds out for a while lol, took me like a year to get all of these together and review them.  Unless someone wants to gift a set to me?  Hehe :p

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #26 of 611
The 314 did hurt my ears a fair bit for the first week or so if I wore them for more than 15 minutes at a time. After the first week, though, only rarely.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 611

Quote:
the at cm707 has just arrived! 1st impression is tighter bass than cm700 and piano forte II. more quantity than cm700 while retaining the quality. mids are lovely and just supposed to be where they are (a little bit more forward than cm700). highs are sparkly and shimmery but non sibilant. lets see what burn in does! ill give it a good 2 weeks before posting my final impressions. this makes the piano forte II sound muddy and the cm700 sound thin

Hi mywallethurts:

Interesting first impressions of the CM707. From the reading of the listening experiences that many Head-Fi members have posted about the performance of both the older CM7 and the recently obsoleted CM700, it would appear that the CM707 is more of a return to the richer sound of the CM7, but with the base deficiency that some had experienced with that much older AT flagship more fully addressed.

P.S.: By the way, I really like your Head-Fi handle "mywallethurts". It could very well be the sub-handle of virtually every member of this board.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #29 of 611

Quote:

Damn you! Now I have to buy the CM707 when I go to Japan the next time! I love my CM700, and from your description, the CM707 might address the few lacks that the CM700 has.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #30 of 611

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can get the 9wave plastics?

They aren't available until February.  But let me tell you something!  9wave created a monster and I hope they catch on.  

Quote:
Quote:

Damn you! Now I have to buy the CM707 when I go to Japan the next time! I love my CM700, and from your description, the CM707 might address the few lacks that the CM700 has.

STOP TEASING ME, LOL!  I will try to get these, the blox, and a few other sets into this review topic sometime around tax return week :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back