***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
May 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #511 of 611
Hi there,

I currently need help choosing between Yuin PK2/Pk3 or Hisoundaudio Paa1 Pro or Sennheiser MX580(or other Sennheiser earbuds)

Generally listen to all kinds of music. Instrumental, Pop, Hip Hop and whatnot

Looking for hopefully lots of clarity( with that I mean the difference of the instruments used) and decent bass for heavy beats music

Hopefully I asked in the right manner!

Thanks

May 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #512 of 611
No earbuds offer good bass.  When I say an earbud has good bass, it is in regard to only the earbud world so its important to not expect rumble or hard hitting bass, no earbuds currently can offer that type of a sound in the low regions.  I do not recommend the Yuin buds, they are outdated and old with a high failure rate.  the Paa1 Pro is much better all around than the others on your list.  Great clarity and Bass usually do not go together when talking about earbuds, if you want immense clarity the Hisound Living is untouchable.  The downside to the Living is that it has almost no bass at all and is not musical or fun to use.

The most bass is still found in the Sunrise Charm, but its just so terrible I would rather light a fire inside my ear than use it.  The Paa1 Pro is the way to go, it has more weight to the low end than the mids and highs, its colored nicely, a good sized stage, comfy, easily driven.  If you can save up for the Hisound Live, I would recommend that instead.  The Live has just as much bass as the Pro but its much more clear and solid, the mids and highs are excellent and the stage is even bigger than the Pro.  Its got more of a balanced sound than the Pro, where the Pro is heavy on the low end and lacking on the mids and highs, the Live has more equal quantity and quality from the lows to the mids and into the highs.  The Live is my favorite earbud, it replaced the MX980 in my opinion.  

May 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #513 of 611
Quote:
No earbuds offer good bass.  When I say an earbud has good bass, it is in regard to only the earbud world so its important to not expect rumble or hard hitting bass, no earbuds currently can offer that type of a sound in the low regions.  I do not recommend the Yuin buds, they are outdated and old with a high failure rate.  the Paa1 Pro is much better all around than the others on your list.  Great clarity and Bass usually do not go together when talking about earbuds, if you want immense clarity the Hisound Living is untouchable.  The downside to the Living is that it has almost no bass at all and is not musical or fun to use.

The most bass is still found in the Sunrise Charm, but its just so terrible I would rather light a fire inside my ear than use it.  The Paa1 Pro is the way to go, it has more weight to the low end than the mids and highs, its colored nicely, a good sized stage, comfy, easily driven.  If you can save up for the Hisound Live, I would recommend that instead.  The Live has just as much bass as the Pro but its much more clear and solid, the mids and highs are excellent and the stage is even bigger than the Pro.  Its got more of a balanced sound than the Pro, where the Pro is heavy on the low end and lacking on the mids and highs, the Live has more equal quantity and quality from the lows to the mids and into the highs.  The Live is my favorite earbud, it replaced the MX980 in my opinion.  

Superb! Thanks. I am not very good with the terms, I probably meant when there's beats, I want to hear it and not just left out being emphasised over clarity and I am definitely not a basshead. I have tried some with very heavy bass and I really don't like them. But when I did try some without bass at all (was said they are very clarity type earbuds by the sales assistant) I feel I want at least some decent bass in them. Maybe with that I want an all-rounder.

Yea, I am looking for a good one with budget.

I will link you where I might get these earbuds: http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=383

So Pro goes for AUD49 while Live goes for AUD99. I am fine with paying 50 dollars more but is it worth it?

Is it that good, that big of a difference that Pro is no where near Live? If not, is Pro not too far from Live and by that is Pro superb by itself already without comparing with Live? I haven't tried too many of a good ones, the last one I did was few years ago on a Yuin so I barely remember what's good anymore.

I noticed the cable length is written down as about 1.2m. I am about 1.75m. Is it too short for me to put them in the back pockets of my jeans while I am on the street?

Oh I definitely like the looks of Live over Pro by a lot. (=

Thanks !

May 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #514 of 611
"Is it that good, that big of a difference that Pro is no where near Live?"

IMO, Yes... they are 2 different headphones, and yes it is worth paying more for the Live.

But that been said, again IMO for my ears BLOX M2C is the way for me ...

May 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #515 of 611
That is very hard to say if you will think it is worth it or not.   My ears seem to enjoy the Live much more than the Pro, with amplification ( my fiio E10 is more than enough ) the sound is very good.  It also responds very well to Crossfeed, which the Pro did not, it also has better build quality.  It was more than worth an extra $50 to me.

May 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #518 of 611
The Hisound buds are significantly better in every way than the 9wave Pro outside of build quality ( which to date, the 9wave Pro is still the most solidly built earbud ever. )  The Hisound Pro has more bass than the 9wave pro with a bigger sound.  Like I was saying a few posts above, earbuds dont offer a bassy sound.  But the Paa1 Pro have very good bass for earbuds, the Live have much better bass.  The Charm has the most bass, but its really bad quality.

May 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #519 of 611
So I love the sound on my HD555. According to your descriptions it seems like the MX 980 would suit me well...thoughts?

edit: just ordered some mx980 for $115 off somebody here, so we'll see how I like them. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake getting these instead of the Lives.

May 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #520 of 611
@anoxy Just purchased the Mx980 for a weak, and we shared the same confusion :p I'm very curious 'bout the Live,
but actually I feel very satisfied using my Mx980 now, it fits my ear perfectly, and the sound quality is just like how they told 'bout this pair.

Hi swbf2cheater can I ask, accordin to your update, Lives are the king now?

May 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #522 of 611
Quote:
swf, what if i told you i got a mint condition hisound living for $50? is it a steal? haha

Thats a hell of a deal, congrats.  The Living is not really musical to my ears, I prefer a different sound for music enjoyment.  This model was intended to be used as a Monitor.  

Quote:
So I love the sound on my HD555. According to your descriptions it seems like the MX 980 would suit me well...thoughts?

edit: just ordered some mx980 for $115 off somebody here, so we'll see how I like them. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake getting these instead of the Lives.

Thats very hard to answer.  Comparing full size to earbuds just isn't fair.  I hope you enjoy them as well, if not, there are plenty of other great buds out there.

Quote:
@anoxy Just purchased the Mx980 for a weak, and we shared the same confusion :p I'm very curious 'bout the Live,
but actually I feel very satisfied using my Mx980 now, it fits my ear perfectly, and the sound quality is just like how they told 'bout this pair.

Hi swbf2cheater can I ask, accordin to your update, Lives are the king now?

No.  The Mx980 is still the most well rounded earbud with the most applications.  It has the best build quality from top to plug, is one of the few earbuds that are well rounded but also have exceptional gaming and positional accuracy qualities.  No other earbud I've come across can game well, especially in FPSs like Call of Duty and Battlefield.  Sound locations are accurate through the MX980, they are not accurate on anything else I've listened to.

May 30, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #523 of 611
Hi swbf2cheater,

Glad you reply my pm and also my regards to ClieOS. You both gave me good impression for Senn MX-980 since i need natural, clarity and detail for SQ. So, i'm off to jump into MX-980 bandwagon then....

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #524 of 611
Just got my MX980 yesterday. I switched out the foam covers for the ones from my Yuin PK3 because I think they're higher quality, and somehow the fit is way better now. They sound lovely. I haven't had much quality audio gear aside from my Senns HD555 and PX-100-II, but I think I'll try burning these in with pink noise to see how they improve. Might also pick up a fiio DAC. But plugged straight into my iMac, these buds are phenomenal. So pleased with my purchase :]

I do agree that the volume control is sort of annoying because it's clunky/heavy. It's difficult to thread these under my shirt without being constantly pulled out of position in my ears. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #525 of 611
Quote:
Just got my MX980 yesterday. I switched out the foam covers for the ones from my Yuin PK3 because I think they're higher quality, and somehow the fit is way better now. They sound lovely. I haven't had much quality audio gear aside from my Senns HD555 and PX-100-II, but I think I'll try burning these in with pink noise to see how they improve. Might also pick up a fiio DAC. But plugged straight into my iMac, these buds are phenomenal. So pleased with my purchase :]

I do agree that the volume control is sort of annoying because it's clunky/heavy. It's difficult to thread these under my shirt without being constantly pulled out of position in my ears. 

I hope you enjoy them and I am happy they fit you nicely.  As some have said in the past, the MX980 has some nasty fit issues with the minority of listeners.  I was one of them, I just couldn't get a good fit no matter what I did.  As I sit here A/Bing my Hisound Live and Phiaton MS400, I don't really want to continue using the MS400.  I just recently purchased it again and am regretting it.  My Live is noticeably better in every way.  Clarity, sound staging, dynamics, airiness.  Out of proper amplification like my Asgard or Apex Butte, the Live is magnificent and makes me super proud to own them.  Its funny.  Out of my Studio V dap the Live sound good, but not as good as the MS400.  Out of my home desktop rig ( Foobar2K with wasapi + Fiio E10 + good interconnect I made + Fiio E10 +  Asgard/Butte ) The Live sounds noticeably better, far less muddy, very light and smooth, MORE clarity.  

I think the Live is better than the MX980, but I think it has inferior build quality and a higher failure rate.  It also can't be used for gaming, but responds immensely well to Crossfeed, something the MX980 didn't do so well IMO.   Can't go wrong with either set, both are winners.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back