"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Jul 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #976 of 1,906
Also, how on earth did you manage to fit the White tips on these? Having so much difficulty atm.

No easy way about it haha. I just turned the white part inside out and jammed the red nozzle in while twisting. Takes a few tries. Wide bore tips are of course easier.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #977 of 1,906

ksc75smile.gif
No problem. The cable is great quality and strong as well. over 500 hours on them NO problems whatsoever. They built the Musicmaker stuff to last, all of it.

If you can get Auvio tips (they are available on Amazon) they will easily fit these and being wide bore greatly reduce treble brilliance as does a VERY long Burn-in. 350 Hours is recommended.

It took this long for my Sennheiser IE8's as well, so it's NOT unheard of.

Welcome to Kegland Jeff.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Thanks mate. Unfortunately i can't get the Auvio tips sent to me from Amazon (won't ship to Australia). Will dig for more on other websites.

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #978 of 1,906
No easy way about it haha. I just turned the white part inside out and jammed the red nozzle in while twisting. Takes a few tries. Wide bore tips are of course easier.

lol fun times ahead. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #980 of 1,906
Oh boy, and i pulled the trigger, again. I own the DQSM D2, but i'm so interested in the S3's. They were on sale and i paid 250€ with DHL shipping so i think this is a pretty good deal considering its a freacking 5 driver In-Ear. I already love the D2 but i'm exited to hear the two more drivers. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #981 of 1,906
I love these keggers. Even just using the stock Large Black tips these give me excellent exciting imaging and soundstage. Feel like i can throw any genre with them and i will be more than satisfied. My pair funnily was fitted with the medium black tip on the left and the large black tip on the right. Something must have gone a bit astray at the factory.

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #982 of 1,906
  I love these keggers. Even just using the stock Large Black tips these give me excellent exciting imaging and soundstage. Feel like i can throw any genre with them and i will be more than satisfied. My pair funnily was fitted with the medium black tip on the left and the large black tip on the right. Something must have gone a bit astray at the factory.

Factory, what factory ?! More like a bedroom table....Chinese DIY hybrid scene....

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #983 of 1,906

Factory, what factory ?! More like a bedroom table....Chinese DIY hybrid scene....

cool.gif
I would not be so quick as to dismiss these. They will compete with the 4-6 driver Nobles toe to toe.

No B.S. I've compared them A/B. I don't care where they assemble them as long as they sound THIS good, even a Pool Table....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 TWIN

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #984 of 1,906

cool.gif
I would not be so quick as to dismiss these. They will compete with the 4-6 driver Nobles toe to toe.

No B.S. I've compared them A/B. I don't care where they assemble them as long as they sound THIS good, even a Pool Table....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 TWIN

Not dismissing them. I love the small break-out company scene stuff...just pointing out it will in all likelihood will be a homebrew build...not a factory assembly of them after the parts are bought.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #986 of 1,906
The strain relief could be more convincing, I haven't had any problems with them. Mine shipped with a thick copper cable and the bodies are built like a mini beer keg.
I haven't taken them out of the house but that's more to do with looking like an idiot than the build quality.

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #988 of 1,906
Been searching around for quality filters that could make the tonality of these more like the LZ stuff is tuned (richer vs cooler).
Initially found Wave arts Tube Saturator 2 @ $99

then after more reading found this free VST / AU plug-in which sounds almost the same by reports.
SGA 1566

http://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1410-SGA1566

If anyone wants to give it a try with quality software music players, please let me know if the tonality can be made similar to LZ stuff.
A nudge down in the bass and treble may make them more balanced sounding.

The trick with these tube tonality emulators is to dial the tube emulator down so it does not go into distortion zones.
I think it is quite a good hack for those that like a more balanced sound vs U or V-shaped with richer tonality in the filter plug-in as well...for $0.

Of course I know many bought it precisely for its cool uncolored tonality, muscle and u-shape, but I know a few LZ-heads in here also have them....

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #990 of 1,906
Wow comparing them with the Nobles is really is strong statement!

cool.gif
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't compare them to the Bigger 8-10 or 12 Drivers, (although I think their Sub-Bass is second to none), but I've A/B'd them to my friends 6 driver Nobles and they are certainly in that league. Just because they aren't a CIEM doesn't mean they don't perform.

Of course this IS personal opinion, and YES I am biased towards the SWIII.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back