E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Oct 16, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #301 of 541

Quote:
Just a note about the E10 - There is a slight volume imbalance at the first... 11% of the volume pot or so. But in an instance of brilliant product design, FiiO has conveniently put the 0 marking where the volume imbalance ends. I am impressed :)

EDIT: I should note that the volume imbalance is a common problem with all analog potentiometers, which I think the E10 uses.

I didn't have any imbalance on mine, even with sensitive IEM on high gain. Anyway, you should use low gain if imbalance is an issue.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #302 of 541

Quote:
I didn't have any imbalance on mine, even with sensitive IEM on high gain. Anyway, you should use low gain if imbalance is an issue.

The imbalance is quite distinct on my Grados even on low gain, but extremely minimal, and goes away by the 0 volume marking. But at the very start I seem to only hear sound from the left side.

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #303 of 541
Wow I ordered my E10 from Micca at 2AM this morning, and I already have shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Those guys rock.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #304 of 541
Wow I ordered my E10 from Micca at 2AM this morning, and I already have shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Those guys rock.

Ordered mine at 8-9 PM on Friday, got a tracking number the same day, and its set to arrive tomorrow. :D

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #306 of 541

Quote:
Jack: 

I'm about to thimp the nozzle on one of these.

There appear not to be any accessory options for the E10. Given the fact you're the only one in the States who's selling tiny brushed aluminum rectangles right now, wouldn't you find it slightly more profitable to show options for cables and other accessories on the E10's product page?  I doubt many Head-fi members are likely to spring for the Soundmagic earphones "bundle" you've listed there, given the headphones and IEMs we already own.

But you might sell other things to schlemiels like me if you chose to link to them. 

I noticed purchasers of the $24.95 E6 get your "premium Y-cable" as a complimentary add-on.  Perhaps there's an "ultra-premium M-cable" to add for E10 buyers.

Hi,

These are great suggestions, and we are working on accessories for the E10. I think by the second batch, they will be available. And as we did with the E11, the accessories will be available at cost-of-shipping only to those who bought the E10 from us from the first batch.

Jack

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #307 of 541

Quote:

Quote:
Ordered mine at 8-9 PM on Friday, got a tracking number the same day, and its set to arrive tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
same here!! I am very surprised that I received an email on a sunday saying that my order has been shipped.

Hey,

We knew you guys would be eager to receive the E10, so we rushed to get these E10 orders out.

Looking forward to seeing feedback on the E10 from you guys in the portable amps sub forum.

Jack

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #309 of 541
Hey,

We knew you guys would be eager to receive the E10, so we rushed to get these E10 orders out.

Looking forward to seeing feedback on the E10 from you guys in the portable amps sub forum.

Jack

Received mine today. Packaging was very nice too. Thank you for the excellent service!

Somebody tried this with the ath m50?
Thanks in advance!

The M50s don't tend to need amplification, but I'll give it a shot for you.

EDIT: Alright, I popped in my M50s. I wouldn't say the amplification does much for them, but the DAC definitely makes them sound better. The E10 seems to tighten up the M50s low end and give a slightly fuller sound. Nothing major, but you can't go wrong with this thing, and if you ever upgrade you'll have the juice to run damn near anything (Fischer Audio FA-011s share a similar sound signature, but are better in every way. Amazing for the money, but they take some juice.)

Oct 17, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #313 of 541
the hd598 will probably be similar to how the m50's reacted.  they both don't need an amp to really shine i don't think.  the e10 will make any headphone sound better though because of the DAC on it.  as for the person who asked about teh creative sound 5.1 card vs the e10, i can safely say that the e10 would be your ticket.  i had a creative live xtrememusic that i sold a little bit ago that was nice, but the way the wolfson chip was on my ibasso d2, it was way better than that card.  and as for the 1/8 to 1/4 converter, i already have one left over from the cable i modded the ad700 with.   i actually have several from modded headphones.  my shipment left hong kong on the 15th.  a little later than i wanted, but i don't care.  my t50 wont get here til a little after teh amp and thats all i really needed it for.  can't wait to get it!

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #314 of 541
My E10 just arrived, thanks Micca! Amazing speed.

Going to put feedback as soon I finish this post.

Now.. bad is.. Alaska Airlines lost my baggage, so my Lyr is lost there :S

As soon as LCD-2 arrives (and my lost baggage with Lyr), I will post about my findings :p

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #315 of 541
It is CRAZY how buying one item, leads you to buy a second item! I just ordered yesterday a Fiio E10 just because my laptop sound card is crap, and today I happened to order a Fischer Audio FA 011, my first full size cans. At least I hope the E10 will be enough to handle the Fischer...Anyway I'm so looking forward to receive my stuff...Unfortunately I ordered from mp4nation, so I'll have to wait they get it back in stock...

EDIT: Oh It seems it is my first post here, I'm really sorry I didn't present myself even though I'm here for a looong time already: I am 25, from Belgium, about a couple of years back I bought a Cowon S9, very happy with and still using it, and UE Superfi 5 (the single driver ones). Upto yesterday I was happy with it, until I stepped back on Head-fi Forum... Anyway nice to be here :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back