E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Oct 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #317 of 541
I just gotten my unit and i so far can say this: this thing is friggin small!

I mean i did expect it to be small but THAT small...

anyways. im mainly using the e10 to get past my crappy soundcards on desktop as well as laptop, and that is so far satisfying.
it does work with linux out of the box (kubuntu 11.10) and to answer someones earlier question: yes the line out is always active, cans plugged or not.

my cans are beyer dt 880 pro 250 ohm which the amp of the e10 can easily drive. a volume level of 1.5/8 is enough for loud music.

the amp unit as said before does of course not produce any wonders but the level of detail due to the dac for some of my music has improved. im happy for the first ten minutes and will keep listening to it :)

edit: 

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #319 of 541
Wooo Hooo! My E10 shipped today and I should have in in couple of days.. can't wait! (good thing too.. my E7 is shutting off on its own at times)
      Thanks for being one of the first to preorder the Fiio E10 from Headphone Bar.
      It shipped xpresspost today, 2-day service.

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #320 of 541

Thats really small!
Quote:
I just gotten my unit and i so far can say this: this thing is friggin small!I mean i did expect it to be small but THAT small...anyways. im mainly using the e10 to get past my crappy soundcards on desktop as well as laptop, and that is so far satisfying.
it does work with linux out of the box (kubuntu 11.10) and to answer someones earlier question: yes the line out is always active, cans plugged or not.my cans are beyer dt 880 pro 250 ohm which the amp of the e10 can easily drive. a volume level of 1.5/8 is enough for loud music.the amp unit as said before does of course not produce any wonders but the level of detail due to the dac for some of my music has improved. im happy for the first ten minutes and will keep listening to it :)

edit: 

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #321 of 541
Mine's already home, waiting for me...
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #322 of 541

Quote:
It is CRAZY how buying one item, leads you to buy a second item! I just ordered yesterday a Fiio E10 just because my laptop sound card is crap, and today I happened to order a Fischer Audio FA 011, my first full size cans. At least I hope the E10 will be enough to handle the Fischer...Anyway I'm so looking forward to receive my stuff...Unfortunately I ordered from mp4nation, so I'll have to wait they get it back in stock...

EDIT: Oh It seems it is my first post here, I'm really sorry I didn't present myself even though I'm here for a looong time already: I am 25, from Belgium, about a couple of years back I bought a Cowon S9, very happy with and still using it, and UE Superfi 5 (the single driver ones). Upto yesterday I was happy with it, until I stepped back on Head-fi Forum... Anyway nice to be here :wink:

Allow me to formally welcome to bankruptcy-I mean Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif
  How's Belgium this time of year?  Cold I imagine?

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #324 of 541

Quote:
this is to true. the bankruptcy part. head-fi lead me to the m50 and now the e10 and probably some d2000 within the month. geez

Let's stop this bankrupt stuff...

I will be dead if my wife knows how much I paid for LCD-2 and Edition 8 LE this week (E10 is the least of my problems in perspective), after I return from my work trip...

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #325 of 541

Quote:
Let's stop this bankrupt stuff...

I will be dead if my wife knows how much I paid for LCD-2 and Edition 8 LE this week (E10 is the least of my problems in perspective), after I return from my work trip...

first of all, good luck to you, sir. I just have my gf and my own money. so that means spending money on whatever.

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #326 of 541
to those who already have the e10... does the volume pot control the line out volume?  if not, could i adjust system volume instead?

just figuring out how this is going to work if i get powered studio monitors (yes, there is a trim knob on the back but that's not really for general volume control).

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #327 of 541
to those who already have the e10... does the volume pot control the line out volume?  if not, could i adjust system volume instead?

just figuring out how this is going to work if i get powered studio monitors (yes, there is a trim knob on the back but that's not really for general volume control).

You can change the volume via windows. Dunno about the line-out though.

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #328 of 541
I think I read somewhere in this thread that the E10 output's are preamp, and being so, you have to adjust the volume level on your OS...

Quote:

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #329 of 541
The point of line out is to send out a line-level signal which bypasses the onboard amp, where the volume pot is located.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #330 of 541

Quote:
Allow me to formally welcome to bankruptcy-I mean Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif
  How's Belgium this time of year?  Cold I imagine?

Hello, thanks for your welcome! Yes indeed it is getting quite cold now, soon nearing 0° Celsius during the night...
Regarding the bankruptcy thing, well I'll try to avoid spending too much, as I have another quite expensive hobby (...watches
eek.gif
)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back