E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Oct 20, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #332 of 541

Quote:
Is here!!

Pictures please?
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #334 of 541

Quote:
The M50s don't tend to need amplification, but I'll give it a shot for you.
EDIT: Alright, I popped in my M50s. I wouldn't say the amplification does much for them, but the DAC definitely makes them sound better. The E10 seems to tighten up the M50s low end and give a slightly fuller sound.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #337 of 541
I have a problem....it should be plug and play right? well, I plug and it wont play.

trying to figure it out but can't seem to find out what I am doing wrong. the e10 seems to be working just fine. when I plug in my headphones to the e10, it doesn't read it on my computer. but when I plug in my headphones into the computer itself, it works fine. please help.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #339 of 541

Quote:
1. Right click the audio/volume icon on the start menu 
2. Click Playback devices
3. Set default for the E10 not sure what it would be called though

Thank you so much!! Points for you!!

I am so dumb. I should of read the instructions, I just looked at it after you helped me fix the problem and it was there in black and white. just to excited is all

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #340 of 541
Careful.. you need to qualify which headphones you are using.. 
Just got mine in the mail today and which the v-moda M-80's, even on low gain, the max I can go is between 2 and 3.. a touch higher with the Sennheiser HD 25-II's.
With the Sennheiser HD650's, high gain.  Definitely won't be using the E10 with the 650's as I'm finding it pretty grainy.. maybe because the E10 is new and needs some break in.  I'll let it run for 24 hours or so and then decide. I primarily got them for the HD 25-II's.
All will bass boost off.
Will post an picture later tonight.

Quote:
For those who are already using the E10, what are your favourite settings so far? For me, I'm happy with GAIN HIGH and BASS BOOST OFF... 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #341 of 541
Here are some pics.. BTW.. the E10 is sounding great with my Senn HD25-II's (you can tell from the pics that I modded them). You can see how small the E10 is relative to the HD25 cup.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #342 of 541
is there a night and day difference between the mini-i and the e10? how do they differ, would you be able to pick them apart easily, blindfolded?

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #343 of 541
Got mine a several hours ago.

The E10 DAC does something really special for the RE-ZERO. Someone earlier said that the E10 seemed perfect for the RE0, and I can confirm that it's the same for its brother ZERO. It lets the IEMs be themselves, but brings detail, improves the soundstage, and adds the perfect amount of low end thump. It's a perfect marriage.

The TMA-1 sounds brighter, with better separation. Switching Gain to high pushes the high-end more forward, which is welcome with vocals. Bass boost feels really unnecessary with all of the music I've tested. The amount that's there is beautiful and adequate. Overall, there's no mindblowing difference vs the E7, but the subtle improvements are noticeable and provide a better listening experience.

RE-ZERO settings = Gain on High, Bass boost On. E10 volume dial at 3, laptop's volume at 50%

TMA-1 = Gain on High (on Low for some of my Hip-Hop), Bass boost Off, E10 volume at 4, laptop at 50%

With both sets, I'm hearing small details I've missed before.

p.s. - there is a tiny bit of background hiss, when using the RE-ZERO and Gain on High, but only when there's no music playing. Waaaay less hiss than I've heard from the E11 though.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #344 of 541
I am in no way a pro when it comes to any sound equipment. I am a total novice. with that said. I am going back and forth trying to find my favorite settings for the ath-m50. I can't really decide.

so far, I found that with the gain on high and bass on, I find it to be great. but, with gain on low and bass on with the volume level a little higher, it also seems great.

can anyone else out there try the e10 with the m50 and let me know what they feel is a good setting?

oh, and not a big deal (I think), but when I plug in my headphones, it is a little crooked to the right. but all in all, I love the e10 for what it does.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #345 of 541
thanks for everyone who share with us. will you mind help me post your short review/advice/opinion to portable headphone amp sub forum and follow the thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/575084/impression-fiio-e10, there will have more reader in there. means 

more people can benefit from your feedback, that will be a great help for other people and FiiO. thank you very much.
beerchug.gif

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back