DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 26, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #13,247 of 14,084
Could the software be tweaked to see WAV files? I have a few things in WAV that do have tags.

Tagscanner 6 beta 2 does see the tags. only says Metadata. not sure how i tagged them it was years ago.

http://www.xdlab.ru/en/ts6beta.htm

one other request:

some way to skip to next folder would be useful, maybe 2 buttons at the same time?

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #13,249 of 14,084
When next fw update is scheduled to be released? I hope you can fix the small glitches left, such as battery charge indicator
, and you won't forget us now that dx80 is out!

Paul promissed some weeks ago that in time there would be a fw update for the dx90. I second your question. iBasso, take your time for this, but do not forget the many happy dx90 owners who just want a fine working player, without some annoying faults. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #13,250 of 14,084
Paul promissed some weeks ago that in time there would be a fw update for the dx90. I second your question. iBasso, take your time for this, but do not forget the many happy dx90 owners who just want a fine working player, without some annoying faults. 

im not going to lay confidence on the dx series anymore, great hardware with a jackass software is not a wise design

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #13,251 of 14,084
im not going to lay confidence on the dx series anymore, great hardware with a jackass software is not a wise design

I might disagree,
its made to last, simple design, and is tough

battery is replaceable which is a big plus, you can always buy off the shelf samsun.. batt. for a lot less. yet quality assured.

the software is great to be honest , its no IOS but it doesn't have to be, its simple yet precise, yes you don't have the control on playlists like what it can be, but its clean, simple and WORKS.

the sound quality is amazing for the price, i am using it day and night, with my monitors, headphones and iem's. its getting punished still no issues.

I am pretty happy with the DX line and the DX90 to be precise. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #13,252 of 14,084
I might disagree,

battery is replaceable which is a big plus, you can always buy off the shelf samsun.. batt. for a lot less. yet quality assured.

the software is great to be honest , its no IOS but it doesn't have to be, its simple yet precise, yes you don't have the control on playlists like what it can be, but its clean, simple and WORKS.

the sound quality is amazing for the price, i am using it day and night, with my monitors, headphones and iem's. its getting punished still no issues.

+1000

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #13,253 of 14,084

I might disagree,

Sorry but I disagree, the unit is very decently built and I applaud the replaceable battery aspect - even though the battery life is really short the software on the DX90 is pretty poor and very confusing. The whole 'it is not iOS' argument does not really fly because a phone is much much much more complicated. So if an OS as complicated as that of a modern smartphone manages to be fairly intuitive then there is no excuse for a device with the sole responsibility of cataloguing music, organising it and playing it back.

Unfortunately that is not a criticism aimed at the iBasso DAPs only , the new Android based Onkyo player seems to have some serious UI problems and of the 5 reviews on the X7 all mention the UI flaws.

I do find it quite perplexing that so many years after the iPod set the standard of what to expect from the interface of a music player we still have to deal with capricious, temperamental, complicated, unintuitive and downright frustrating UIs.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #13,254 of 14,084

Line-out has volume control. It's very stange.
Controls (home, back) are placed on top corners of the screen. Why?
USB drivers provide 0.5 sec latency on Windows and doesn't work on my Macbook Pro. No comments. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Very strange problems for 400$ device.:frowning2:

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #13,255 of 14,084

I do find it quite perplexing that so many years after the iPod set the standard of what to expect from the interface of a music player we still have to deal with capricious, temperamental, complicated, unintuitive and downright frustrating UIs.

From my use of the DX90 over the past 18 months+, I can only say that it works and suits my needs perfectly. I play .flac albums, ripped from my CDs or downloaded from the Hi-res suppliers available to me: Qobuz and HDTracks.

I use 128GB micro SD cards, one each for Classical, Jazz and Rock, and one for Folk/World Music. My DX90 allows me to find which ever album I want quickly and easily and plays it back with most pleasing quality. It has been a great buy and I have to say I believe iBasso did a great job with the DX90. It is very well built and ideally suited for the purposes I require of it: to allow me to access and play back my music easily and well enough to have a grin on my face. Thanks iBasso:)

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #13,256 of 14,084
+1. I agree software is imperfect (for me importing playlists created on PC without the need to change path would be very welcomed). That said, the UI supports core functionality I need very, very well. I organize music in folders, navigate and play gapless flac. Works great. USB DAC interface to PC is a little quirky as well but also works. Sound quality at this price point IMO is outstanding. Conclusion: A+ hardware, A- software, device still gets an A from me! YMMV.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #13,257 of 14,084
  Has anyone tried using the DX90 with android? My DX90 detects a connection and shows it on linux/mac dac mode but my galaxy s5 running CM 12.1 doesn't detect a dac connected to it. Searched google and head-fi and still cannot find answers.

On my Macbook pro, the DX90 works for a while then the sound disappears. The macbook still shows its connected to the dx90. I don't know if it's the dx90 or my MBP (2011) running yosemite that's causing the problem. any thoughts?

I have a Galaxy S5 with CM 12.1, too. You have to use the latest Firmware 2.3, since they introduced support for DAC functionality for Linux just in this release. As player app on the S5 Onkyo HF Player and Neutron works pretty well...

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #13,258 of 14,084
Being an Electronics Engineer what i have learned till now are two things

1. Hardware can be a Yes or a NO, functionality wise
2. Software can be anything even if it works flawlessly it just will never satisfy everyone because there are so many permutation/combination possible.

I find the iPods software to be a lot more complex to be honest and the Ibasso is just clear simple. i think if you know what you are doing its faster.

just my 2 cents

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #13,259 of 14,084
I am looking for a portable amp to complement the DX90 for the V6stage and mainly the HD650

any opinions 

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #13,260 of 14,084
  I am looking for a portable amp to complement the DX90 for the V6stage and mainly the HD650

any opinions 

It's expensive as it is a DAC/AMP, but I can tell you from experience that the iDSD Micro does and EXCELLENT job with my HD-650s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back