DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 4, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #12,196 of 14,084
How can I formatted a 64Gb Micro SD card to FAT32?, In Windows 7 only give me the option of exFAT.
Thanks!

Google guiformat

May 5, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #12,198 of 14,084
feel so happy my DX90 (v2.1.5) has arrived, now it can be my multipurpose engine, for desktop dac and a dap, replace modi - i will

May 5, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #12,199 of 14,084
anyone have any idea how to use it as a desktop dac on win 7 64 bit? i have it as a mango interface but not selectable in f2k
iBasso Mango HiFi Audio Device doesnt show up

found out there is a setup.bat inside the compressed driver file, need to launch that bat file to add the actual output lol

May 5, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #12,200 of 14,084
  anyone have any idea how to use it as a desktop dac on win 7 64 bit? i have it as a mango interface but not selectable in f2k
iBasso Mango HiFi Audio Device doesnt show up

found out there is a setup.bat inside the compressed driver file, need to launch that bat file to add the actual output lol

We are currently working on some better drivers for the dac use. They should be available very soon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 6, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #12,202 of 14,084
May 6, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #12,203 of 14,084
Let's say, in very general terms, that you purchase a set of OEMs that are so power hungry your DX90 cannot adequately drive them, or that the high gain setting colors your sound in an undesirable way. Rather than ask "What amp(s) would you recommend for the DX90?" I want to know how a tech n00b could determine, based on product specs alone, whether an external amplifier is more powerful than the DX90's internal components--and by how much?

I appreciate any thoughtful replies.

May 6, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #12,205 of 14,084
For the purpose of this question it's irrelevant. I'm not trying to match an amp's output to the headphones; I'm trying to learn how one compares the specs of two amplifiers to determine which is more powerful--specifically, the DX90's internal amp(s) and literally any external amplifier.

May 6, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #12,207 of 14,084
For the purpose of this question it's irrelevant. I'm not trying to match an amp's output to the headphones; I'm trying to learn how one compares the specs of two amplifiers to determine which is more powerful--specifically, the DX90's internal amp(s) and literally any external amplifier.

i have tried to search for information on the dx90's output and the only thing i've found is what's on the ibasso website:
the headphone output is 1.3vrms[low gain], 2.0vrms [mid gain] and 2.8vrms [high gain].

otoh, i've seen outputs on amps also quoted in mw@32ohms and ma/channel.  in an email answering a query of mine, the producer of the quickstep amp said that his quoted 65ma/channel was equivalent to 100mw@50ohms.  i don't really know how to convert these various measures so as make them comparable. perhaps someone here can enlighten us both.

May 6, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #12,208 of 14,084
Hey guys- I installed the DAC drivers, and the DX90 shows up as an audio source but the second I try to play anything I get a BSOD and an error about "mango".

Not sure if this is a common or fixable thing or if the new DAC drivers will fix this...my other issue is that I'm running Windows 10 preview, so that may make "fixing" this issue impossible.

May 7, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #12,209 of 14,084
Hey guys- I installed the DAC drivers, and the DX90 shows up as an audio source but the second I try to play anything I get a BSOD and an error about "mango".

Not sure if this is a common or fixable thing or if the new DAC drivers will fix this...my other issue is that I'm running Windows 10 preview, so that may make "fixing" this issue impossible.

i guess the driver isn't win 10 ready as i don't see it stated anywhere

May 7, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #12,210 of 14,084

8/8.1 had the same problem for me so it is not just 10? If it gets fixed for 8 maybe it will be ok with 10 so since they have promised new drivers it might be worth waiting. I even might buy one again if the consensus is that it works with 8/8.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back