DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #10,997 of 14,084

Are you navigating by the DX90's media library (in which mode?) or the folder view? If the latter is the case, the problem should be rather easy to solve by renaming/retagging your files to "01 - Songtitle", "02 - Songtitle" and so on (you can do it easily with MP3Tag).

Gosh, I don't know the difference between media library or folder view.
I turn on the device, press "My Music", then "Artist", then "Adele", then "21". I then see the list of songs in the album. (Rolling in the deep, Rumor has it etc..)

I see now, that the order is only mixed up with albums converted into Wav. Not Mp3.
I also have the setting on "order".

I guess the .wav files don't contain tags, therefore they are sorted in alphabetical order. You can check if the title number is in the tags on your computer by right clicking on the file -> properties -> details and scroll down to title number. If the row is empty, the tag for the title number has not been included.
WMP is, by the way, not the best software for converting CDs due to it uses the rather old Frauenhofer codec instead of the better LAME codec when converting the CD to mp3 files.
Instead of converting to .wav you would be better off by converting to FLAC or ALAC (if you want to do it in iTunes which is the easiest way) which is also lossless but needs less storage space and contains all of the needed tag informations, including an album art.
Exact Audio Copy could be a good software for you.

But if you want to keep your files like they are, you could simply create a folder structure on your SD card and navigate by my music -> directory.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #11,000 of 14,084
I like it.Thicker vocals,more pronounced and deeper bass,less sparkly and lush than lurker l2 slow roll off.Definitely depends with the synergy of your particular iem.With the thin sounding ie800 it's a good match.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #11,003 of 14,084

Did you perform factory reset and then rescan after the firmware update?

Yes, I did

Try updating the firmware again. After updating, it showed me an error which said something like there has been a failure so the firmware update didn't proceed and I had to chose whether to erase all data or reboot (i chose to reboot my DX90). In fact, the update seemed to have worked since in the system settings the new firmware was displayed.
To be sure, I afterwards went directly to the settings and did another firmware update with the exactly same file that was already on my device and voilà, no error was shown at all and I did a factory reset followed by a complete rescan afterwards.

Propably this could help.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #11,004 of 14,084
Oh just encounter one serious bug. For wav file after play will play from first track again. Happen to 1 wave album.. Trying to rescan library see how.

Edited.. After rescan library doesn't work. Reinsert sdcard and rescan media also not working

Ibasso really screw up for the new firmware 2.1.8 althought it sound good.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #11,005 of 14,084
IMHO ibasso shouldn't touch the media scanning after 2.1.5. It's perfect.. Now Totally screw up such basic function. Comparing with 2.1.0 or 2.1.5 not much faster also.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #11,006 of 14,084
  Try updating the firmware again. After updating, it showed me an error which said something like there has been a failure so the firmware update didn't proceed and I had to chose whether to erase all data or reboot (i chose to reboot my DX90). In fact, the update seemed to have worked since in the system settings the new firmware was displayed.
To be sure, I afterwards went directly to the settings and did another firmware update with the exactly same file that was already on my device and voilà, no error was shown at all and I did a factory reset followed by a complete rescan afterwards.

Propably this could help.

Thanks for the advice, I tried to update again, factory reset, delete the audio data folder in the SD, but I still have the same issue. Like I said before in the 2.15 fw I had not problem with these files.

Cheers

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #11,007 of 14,084
I'm about to test the new firmware out.  Hopefully I won't have issues with files reading incorrectly, as some of you have.  (Sorry to all who have experienced these and other problems; I know that sucks.)  I don't want to come across as unnecessarily critical, but a ten-band EQ is still useless compared to the PEQ available in Rockbox.  I really think iBasso needs to go parametric if they're going to improve on their equalizer at all.

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #11,009 of 14,084
Oh just encounter one serious bug. For wav file after play will play from first track again. Happen to 1 wave album.. Trying to rescan library see how.

Edited.. After rescan library doesn't work. Reinsert sdcard and rescan media also not working

Ibasso really screw up for the new firmware 2.1.8 althought it sound good.

I am sorry there are some issues. You need to rescan using the advanced section for doing the rescan. Inserting the card does not always scan everything. We are looking into the issues. With a factory reset after the new FW we are getting functions to work correctly. We are monitoring what everyone has to say here.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back