DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jan 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #10,456 of 14,084

Have you used the batch tool? Sometimes there is corrupted data and the FW update does not get rid of this. I have my cards in just about every format and they all work. I have used the batch tool, as it wipes the internal memory of the DX90 or 50 completely and then when you do an install with the batch tool, you get a totally clean FW. The batch tool only works on PC's, and I use it on my mac with Windows 7 loaded. 

Yes thanks, that was first thing that iBasso support sent me. In the end they asked me to return it, but sending it half way round the world wasn't worth it for an' inconvenience'. Loading loads of music back right now, hoping the fact DB folder correctly shows on card as well as internal memory means its solved. Too many people had this Start-Up problem, I counted six on this forum at different times so great if its not hardware related.

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #10,457 of 14,084
Just got my DX90 for 5 days ...

Before putting any music ...into the internal storage .....no scanning issue .....

After music in internal storage ....everytime start up ....ask whether to scan media ....

Both instances ...using the same micro sd card ...fyi ...the sd is formatted to FAT32 ...have not tried to format it to EXFAT (what fornat is recommended - iBasso)...will only try this fix once me get a new SD card ....dont know what seems to be the issue ...cheers

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #10,458 of 14,084

Before putting any music ...into the internal storage .....no scanning issue .....

After music in internal storage ....everytime start up ....ask whether to scan media ....

Both instances ...using the same micro sd card ...fyi ...the sd is formatted to FAT32 ...have not tried to format it to EXFAT (what fornat is recommended - iBasso)...will only try this fix once me get a new SD card ....dont know what seems to be the issue ...cheers

See last ten posts. I've had message since first week DX90s were delivered.

No more, I'm missing it already!!!!

Exfat, but for me not on Win7 PCs, had to be that utility posted above. This on latest Sandisc 64GB class 10 plus 2 other new cards I had previous tried.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #10,459 of 14,084

Yes thanks, that was first thing that iBasso support sent me. In the end they asked me to return it, but sending it half way round the world wasn't worth it for an' inconvenience'. Loading loads of music back right now, hoping the fact DB folder correctly shows on card as well as internal memory means its solved. Too many people had this Start-Up problem, I counted six on this forum at different times so great if its not hardware related.

So were you able to use the batch tool?

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #10,460 of 14,084
So were you able to use the batch tool?

Batch tool worked fine. But made no difference to Scan message. That was about nine months ago. Nothing I tried, different cards, formats, firmwares, Official, Lurkers, anything till yesterday's Exfat via separate utility. Alls good now, enjoying Joe Bonamassa as I type.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #10,461 of 14,084

I'll try removing files from internal memory then.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #10,462 of 14,084
Also it is important to remember to leave enough free space on both the SD card and internal memory to contain the database and cover art library. If there is not enough memory the scan will not complete, some files will be unplayable and the DX90 will want to try to scan again at next power on. And you get no message about this happening, the scan just doesn't finish

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #10,463 of 14,084
Also it is important to remember to leave enough free space on both the SD card and internal memory to contain the database and cover art library. If there is not enough memory the scan will not complete, some files will be unplayable and the DX90 will want to try to scan again at next power on. And you get no message about this happening, the scan just doesn't finish

Cover art library? Sounds like iTunes! Art is embedded in each track or one jpg added to each album folder surely?

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #10,464 of 14,084
So yeah, been listening to this pairing more and damn it sounds good.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #10,465 of 14,084
Cover art library? Sounds like iTunes! Art is embedded in each track or one jpg added to each album folder surely?

Yes but during the scan process the DX90 builds a album art directory and a metadata database from the art and tags in the files and writes this to directories on the SD card and internal memory

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #10,466 of 14,084
Yes but during the scan process the DX90 builds a album art directory and a metadata database from the art and tags in the files and writes this to directories on the SD card and internal memory

Never thought about this, but it makes sense. The album art the DX90 displays is much, much smaller than what most of us embed in our files or provide as cover.jpg files. So the DX90 downsizes them and creates its own album art database. No wonder scanning our cards takes so long!

I wonder if anyone out there has files / folders completely stripped of album art loaded on their DX90. If so, can you comment on how fast it took to scan your card?

I've recently been considering stripping album art before transferring files / folders to my DAPs to save space, RAM, and processing power with the end goal being to optimize the DAP's limited resources solely for sound and speed.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #10,467 of 14,084

Haha, only if you have been lucky enough that your card was written to! Strange though that never had problems with art or meta data for a year while having this scan message? Possibly it wrote to the internal memory DB files. Otherwise surely playing by Artist would never work on subsequent plays when ignoring startup message. Cheers.

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #10,468 of 14,084
Never thought about this, but it makes sense. The album art the DX90 displays is much, much smaller than what most of us embed in our files or provide as cover.jpg files. So the DX90 downsizes them and creates its own album art database. No wonder scanning our cards takes so long!

I wonder if anyone out there has files / folders completely stripped of album art loaded on their DX90. If so, can you comment on how fast it took to scan your card?

I've recently been considering stripping album art before transferring files / folders to my DAPs to save space, RAM, and processing power with the end goal being to optimize the DAP's limited resources solely for sound and speed.

I keep my album art small, 60 or 100kb and there is no problem, a 64gb scans in a few minutes. There is no reason to have larger sized album art. I find most of mine on the web and it is usually sized correctly and if not, I resize it. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #10,469 of 14,084
I keep my album art small, 60 or 100kb and there is no problem, a 64gb scans in a few minutes. There is no reason to have larger sized album art. I find most of mine on the web and it is usually sized correctly and if not, I resize it. 

The optimal size is supposed to be 107x107 or 109x109 (apparently DX50 and DX90 differs) but since I also use them on the pc I normally keep them at 300x300

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #10,470 of 14,084
Upgraded to 2.1.5 Lurker0 FW. Love it. sounds impeccable. bass sounds a lot more forward.
So just to get everything straight. 
Is the 2.1.5. FW on iBasso's website the same as lurkers custom FW?
Also what is the advantage of Rockbox on DX90 now? sounds better?

Anyone else waiting on the EL-08 from Audeze ? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back