DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jan 23, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #10,442 of 14,084
So one of the things that I have found slightly annoying about the DX90 is the inability to name a playlist. After playing around with it, I have found a work around until iBasso allows you to do this. First you need to be running firmware v2.1.5. Create an empty playlist and export it. Connect the DX90 to your computer. On your computer find the m3u folder with the playlist (on the DX90) you just created and rename the playlist to whatever you want. Disconnect the DX90. On the DX90, import the playlist you just created. Now you have an empty playlist with the name of your choosing. I apologize if someone has already mentioned going about it this way but I could not find it. Hope this helps!!

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #10,443 of 14,084
^^ Actually this DOES help. Though it's still a klugie work-around.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #10,445 of 14,084
I love the DX90 for the way it plays music. It has a wonderful sound and plays my HD files beautifully... but it's one big shortcoming is the way it has playlists almost as an afterthought.
If playlists were creation, and drag-and-drop-populate doable on a computer, this little DAP would be nearly perfect for me.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #10,446 of 14,084
You can create the playlist on your computer but it requires some editing so hardly just drag n drop

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #10,448 of 14,084
You can create the playlist on your computer but it requires some editing so hardly just drag n drop

Yes... and to my point, beyond this simple step, the remaining population of the playlist, which is the most cumbersome part of it all, is all device-based and a real PITA.

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #10,449 of 14,084
Yes... and to my point, beyond this simple step, the remaining population of the playlist, which is the most cumbersome part of it all, is all device-based and a real PITA.

Luckyli I don't use playlists, just have one album per directory and play one album at a time end to end

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #10,450 of 14,084
Luckyli I don't use playlists, just have one album per directory and play one album at a time end to end

same , it pays to be an albums listener (and i guess Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree agrees with me)

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #10,451 of 14,084
No not normal. I would do a FW update. Download the latest FW from iBasso and drop it onto the internal memory and follow interactions. It is pretty simple and you can't hurt the player. You could also try a factory reset. No, once you do a full scan, you don't normally have to do a scan again unless you insert a new card. You could also try a factory reset. 

Had it every firmware, every card, even with one album on. Once there it cannot be solved. But DBis fine.

Just read the ex-Fat tip. iBasso didn't put this forward when trying to solve with me. Will check format of cards. If Fat32, has this ever been discouraged? What a shame it doesn't have inbuilt formatting like the Fiios. This instantly prevents any card problems due to how set up.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #10,452 of 14,084
Reformatted to exFAT and now I don't need to scan everytime I startup. Thanks so much for the tip!

Blast,, my cards are already exFAT formatted.. Thought I had tried everything but this gave me hope.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #10,453 of 14,084

Only quickest test of one album before going out. But think formatting exFAT with that program rather than a PC has cracked it! Knew straight away, as a new 'empty folder' (Sys Volume Information) showing in DX90s Directory Play/Card listing. Cheers Art. Still hard to think that all PC, and other utilities I'd tried, ExFat or FAT32 don't work but I'm not complaining!!

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #10,455 of 14,084
Had it every firmware, every card, even with one album on. Once there it cannot be solved. But DBis fine.

Just read the ex-Fat tip. iBasso didn't put this forward when trying to solve with me. Will check format of cards. If Fat32, has this ever been discouraged? What a shame it doesn't have inbuilt formatting like the Fiios. This instantly prevents any card problems due to how set up.

Have you used the batch tool? Sometimes there is corrupted data and the FW update does not get rid of this. I have my cards in just about every format and they all work. I have used the batch tool, as it wipes the internal memory of the DX90 or 50 completely and then when you do an install with the batch tool, you get a totally clean FW. The batch tool only works on PC's, and I use it on my mac with Windows 7 loaded. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back