DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #9,091 of 14,084
I would love to, but I do not have access to AK240, so I am quite curious about your impressions. May be more details?

Yes I would also like to try AK240 but given how good DX90 sounds and performs I would never consider spending what they charge for the AK240

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #9,092 of 14,084
There is no point really.New daps will be coming out in 2015 like fiio x7 which will cost around $700 and have an ESS9018 dac and aim at ak240,calyx m.Wondering if we won't see a dx200 sooner or later.Hmmm...

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #9,093 of 14,084
  There is no point really.New daps will be coming out in 2015 like fiio x7 which will cost around $700 and have an ESS9018 dac and aim and ak240,calyx m.Wondering if we won't see a dx200 sooner or later.Hmmm...

My dream `dx200` or `dx100ii` or whatever is basically just a slightly elongated dx90, but with its dual-mono dacs put to work with fully balanced output, a la DB2/PB2, and a recessed hirose output next to the 3.5.  I would pay a lot for that contraption . . .   

iBasso, hear my plea ! 

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #9,095 of 14,084

Burn in cable

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #9,096 of 14,084
Run time measured.
Two days ago I've purchased a new fresh (made at the end of September, 2014) original Samsung battery. Cell made in China, assembled in China. I've measured playback time using a timer application on my Android tablet up to power off due to discharge. The app allowed me to measure the time with a good precision. The result is 7 hours 11 minutes. Firmware v2.1.5-L2, flacs 24/192 compression level 8 (highest), volume 220, high gain, low impedance IEMs (Etymotic HF3), 128GB SanDisk microSD.

There were 6 cycles (turn on-listen-turn off), the longest was 3h26m, the shortest - 2m17s (the last one).

Pisen lasted for around 6 hours past weeks in the same conditions, and the same 7 hours 2-3 months ago. Same result (6 hours) with another, 2-years old, Samsung original battery (Korea-Korea, taken from my test phone at work). Those 6 hours were achieved with 2.1.0-based firmware. So I strongly believe that the decreased time is due to degradation of the cheap battery, not because of the recent changes in the firmware.

One more observation: the new Samsung battery is running significantly cooler than Pisen! Meaning, it has the same sound signature, that Pisen has during the first half an hour, but at the long run. The impression is like Samsung battery has a different sound signature (better SQ)
biggrin.gif

Please note, that I discharged/charged the battery only 2 times after purchasing and this test was the 3rd discharge, so its performance may become even better in a few days.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the result, and I'm very happy that I can purchase a new good brand battery for DX90 so easily, in a local store!

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #9,098 of 14,084
I'm really excited about the DX90. It wasn't even on my radar, though I've been looking for a good dap. I love the replaceable battery, something I've been hoping to find in a dap and its UI looks quality. Is it true that it reads micro sd quickly, so I can quickly change out 32gb cards till the 128gb cards drop in price? I don't mind carrying around a few if they load fairly quickly. 

Does anyone know if there are any deals ever on Ibasso products, besides the for sale thread? I don't want to order and miss out on any holiday deals. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #9,099 of 14,084
I'm really excited about the DX90. It wasn't even on my radar, though I've been looking for a good dap. I love the replaceable battery, something I've been hoping to find in a dap and its UI looks quality. Is it true that it reads micro sd quickly, so I can quickly change out 32gb cards till the 128gb cards drop in price? I don't mind carrying around a few if they load fairly quickly. 

Does anyone know if there are any deals ever on Ibasso products, besides the for sale thread? I don't want to order and miss out on any holiday deals. 

The scan time is pretty slow compared to fiio. It'll take a few minutes to read a 64gb card with artwork.
iBasso is a chinese company so I don't think there will be a sale.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #9,100 of 14,084
The scan time is pretty slow compared to fiio. 

Bummer. I had read on here somewhere that someone thought it was fast. Between the cost of dab and 128gb card...ouch! I'm looking for an ipod classic replacement, but the sub $300 options all have some major drawbacks. This has none that I can tell, except the cost!

Thanks for your answers. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #9,101 of 14,084
  Bummer. I had read on here somewhere that someone thought it was fast. Between the cost of dab and 128gb card...ouch! I'm looking for an ipod classic replacement, but the sub $300 options all have some major drawbacks. This has none that I can tell, except the cost!

Thanks for your answers. 

It totally depends upon how many files you have. The more files on a card, the longer it takes to scan. I often change cards and use directory to access. Using the Directory does't do a scan but does as you pick out the album you want to listen to. It takes a few seconds to scan the full album. Art, everything for that album shows up. Want a different album, no big deal, just go to directory and pick the new album. Once they are scanned, they show up as scanned in. I may have a 128gb micro card with many albums on it, yes that takes a while to scan but sometimes I only want one or two albums to listen to from that card so why scan the whole thing when you can scan just what you want in a few seconds. So there are options. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #9,102 of 14,084
You can export the playlist which will put it in the m3u folder of the internal storage, then connect the dx90 in USB storage mode to computer and rename/edit the file... Once done you can import the playlist back by browsing to it in directory mode and clicking it once

there is no export option ..  is it in 2.1.5 only ?

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #9,103 of 14,084
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #9,104 of 14,084
I am still seeking the most efficient way to creat a playlist in DX90. If i create a new Playlist do I then need to navigate to each song I wish to add, select it and then click the "+" buitton on upper right? It works but is time consuming. is there any way to select multiple songs from a list without actually selecting / playing each one by one individually?

Apologies if I am missing something obvious that simplifies playlist creation on the fly, and any help is really appreciated.

Thansk!

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #9,105 of 14,084
Run time measured.
Two days ago I've purchased a new fresh (made at the end of September, 2014) original Samsung battery. Cell made in China, assembled in China. I've measured playback time using a timer application on my Android tablet up to power off due to discharge. The app allowed me to measure the time with a good precision. The result is 7 hours 11 minutes. Firmware v2.1.5-L2, flacs 24/192 compression level 8 (highest), volume 220, high gain, low impedance IEMs (Etymotic HF3), 128GB SanDisk microSD.

There were 6 cycles (turn on-listen-turn off), the longest was 3h26m, the shortest - 2m17s (the last one).

Pisen lasted for around 6 hours past weeks in the same conditions, and the same 7 hours 2-3 months ago. Same result (6 hours) with another, 2-years old, Samsung original battery (Korea-Korea, taken from my test phone at work). Those 6 hours were achieved with 2.1.0-based firmware. So I strongly believe that the decreased time is due to degradation of the cheap battery, not because of the recent changes in the firmware.

One more observation: the new Samsung battery is running significantly cooler than Pisen! Meaning, it has the same sound signature, that Pisen has during the first half an hour, but at the long run. The impression is like Samsung battery has a different sound signature (better SQ) :D

Please note, that I discharged/charged the battery only 2 times after purchasing and this test was the 3rd discharge, so its performance may become even better in a few days.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the result, and I'm very happy that I can purchase a new good brand battery for DX90 so easily, in a local store!

Hi Lurker,

i found out, that at amazon for example many FAKE Samsung batteries were sold, due to Amazons packing System.
Original stuff is mixed with fakes in one box there. Amazon is overrun by those fakes at the moment.
But they label incomming stuff from other suppliers with a white code sticker to get a trace back who put that in their box.

I wanted to purchase a new samsung battery, too and i read very bad things from other people there about these batteries.
The other thing i found out was, the original Samsung S3's Batteries were made in Korea, the Chinese stuff was
multiple stamped as fake and had a "playing" time around 6 hours only. The Korean OG is packed in a transparent
blister pack and mostly doubble price to the fake. German Zoll is sorting out these Chinese fakes as well.

I hope you didn't buy yours at amazon and got a fake...

Another little question to your Firmware Mod:
Could you please post some screenshot that i can see the changed Fonts
before i give your FW a try ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back