DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 4, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #8,806 of 14,084
I forgot to say that 2.1.5 is easily the best stock firmware yet, and its level of technicalities are only slightly behind the Lurker firmware, but it sounds more open and fun, so for many that will be a good trade off.

Just going from the sound of 2.1.5 it sounds like ibasso implemented the changes from Lurkers first firmware, but I don't hear the insane transparency that was gained with the changes of Lurkers second firmware.

It will be easy enough for Lurker to check this and change it though, I'm sure he will let us know soon as he can.

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #8,807 of 14,084
I thought Lurker sent Ibasso an email explaining how and why they should remove/disable some of the useless code on the software and they agreed to, essentially making every new fw release a Lurker one? 

Don't know much about SQ, but I also want to keep it for the font.

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #8,808 of 14,084
Is anyone still having the fade out and then fade back in problem?  On occasion, at random during playback, the sound will completely fade out into silence, then fade back in after a couple of seconds.  I have had this problem since I've owned the device (1st batch), and it has persisted through all the stock firmwares and on Rockbox.  I am wondering if it might have anything to do with my microSD card (I am using a 64 GB SanDisk from Amazon), as I have never tried playing music off of the internal memory?  

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #8,810 of 14,084
I experienced that a few times many moths ago and only on aac files, never om flac

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #8,811 of 14,084
  Is anyone still having the fade out and then fade back in problem?  On occasion, at random during playback, the sound will completely fade out into silence, then fade back in after a couple of seconds.  I have had this problem since I've owned the device (1st batch), and it has persisted through all the stock firmwares and on Rockbox.  I am wondering if it might have anything to do with my microSD card (I am using a 64 GB SanDisk from Amazon), as I have never tried playing music off of the internal memory?  

Yes, it does happen to me every now and then. At first I thought the music file was messed up, but a quick replay of it shows it has nothing to do with that. Not sure what causes this but it happens rarely and doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm using a 128 gb sandisk microsd from amazon.

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #8,812 of 14,084
After days of nearly giving up, finally made it to work to a 64-bit w8.1 in USB 3.0. To those who have not gotten it to work yet, this is what I did.

1) Uninstall all previous versions (iBasso Mango Hifi Audio Device and similar).
2) Plug the DX90
3) Download the installer, go to the installation folder, 64-bit folder and run the setup.
4) iBasso Mango Hifi will install and you will probably get a BSOD.
5) Unplug the DX90 and plug it back in.
6) On the device manager, you will see the exclamation mark beside the DX90.
7) Manually Update the driver and choose the folder mango_usb from the same downloaded installer from x64.
8) the DX90 will be gone and ibasso will appear on your sound settings.
9) unplug the DX90 and plug it back in if no sounds are coming out.

Total BSOD in this setup: 1

Time to get the new 2.1.5 :)

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #8,813 of 14,084
QUOTE :

How to use the import/export playlist function:
After the playlist is built in the DX90,  press the thumbnail icon in front of the playlist to unfold the options.  Press "export playlist", then you can find a M3U playlist under the M3U folder under the internal flash.
To import a M3U playlist,  load the M3U playlist into the internal flash or a Micro SD card. then find the M3U playlist under Directory.  Press the M3U playlist to start importing the playlist.

UNQUOTE.

Can't figure out how this is worked ou.   Does anyone try this function ? 

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #8,814 of 14,084
In 2.1.5, iBasso has implemented pushing CPU frequency to performance mode 
smily_headphones1.gif
But they didn't dare to remove useless services
frown.gif

Just going from the sound of 2.1.5 it sounds like ibasso implemented the changes from Lurkers first firmware, but I don't hear the insane transparency that was gained with the changes of Lurkers second firmware.

iBasso did exactly the opposite way
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #8,815 of 14,084
In 2.1.5, iBasso has implemented pushing CPU frequency to performance mode :) But they didn't dare to remove useless services :frowning2:  
iBasso did exactly the opposite way :wink:
here comes the lurker;P
I'll just wait for your mod version of 2.1.5:)

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #8,816 of 14,084
  In 2.1.5, iBasso has implemented pushing CPU frequency to performance mode 
smily_headphones1.gif
But they didn't dare to remove useless services
frown.gif

iBasso did exactly the opposite way
wink.gif

Cool, I could tell that transparency had increased on 2.1.5, but it still wasn't at the level of your second firmware, so I guessed that only one of the two changes from your firmwares was implemented. I think my ears deserve some kind of award for that 
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #8,817 of 14,084
Can someone please send me the link to the DX90tools.zip, ibasso ws does not have the link and i don't have my system anymore left it back in my country.

Thanks

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #8,818 of 14,084
looks like lurker's FW is the one to get.

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #8,819 of 14,084
Can someone please send me the link to the DX90tools.zip, ibasso ws does not have the link and i don't have my system anymore left it back in my country.

Thanks

You don't need it to upgrade fw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back