DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 25, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #8,628 of 14,084
Try a manual install of the driver. Do a search for the driver, depending upon whether you are using 64 bit or 32 bit. Also check your device manager. If the DX90 shows up there with a ! then click on it, go to driver and do an install and use manual to find the driver, which is fairly easy. Yes, this is what I did. I run a Mac but am using Parallels so I run Windows 7 on my Mac. Some seem to have the driver install right away, some a few more hoops. 

Which is the 32 and which is the 64 bit? I honestly am not sure

You just plugged your DX90 in and it automatically installs the driver? I get the ! sign, and I tried the manual where it asks for the folder your DX90 driver is in. What's the driver for DX90? Is it the new download from iBasso?

To get the mango USB system working, I just clicked setup and went through it and I got a finish. That was it. But nothing shows up. What do I do about that?

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #8,629 of 14,084

Which is the 32 and which is the 64 bit? I honestly am not sure

You just plugged your DX90 in and it automatically installs the driver? I get the ! sign, and I tried the manual where it asks for the folder your DX90 driver is in. What's the driver for DX90? Is it the new download from iBasso?

To get the mango USB system working, I just clicked setup and went through it and I got a finish. That was it. But nothing shows up. What do I do about that?

X64 folder is for 64bit
x86 folder is for 32bit

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #8,630 of 14,084
I'm loving the DX90, but am feeling pretty lame right now as I cannot seem to figure out how to remove the battery. I can remove the back cover easily but the Pisen is seated snugly with no fingernail lift ridge or pull tab. Have a chuckle at my expense if you must but I'd really appreciate knowing how to safely and correctly remove the battery, as I plan to get a backup for travel given the relatively short battery life.

Thanks!!!

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #8,631 of 14,084
  I'm loving the DX90, but am feeling pretty lame right now as I cannot seem to figure out how to remove the battery. I can remove the back cover easily but the Pisen is seated snugly with no fingernail lift ridge or pull tab. Have a chuckle at my expense if you must but I'd really appreciate knowing how to safely and correctly remove the battery, as I plan to get a backup for travel given the relatively short battery life.

Thanks!!!

Just slap the open  back against your other hand and the battery will pop out into the awaiting eager palm! :^)

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #8,634 of 14,084
For me removing the back cover is more challenging than popping out the battery :grinning:

I use a thin piece of rubber from one of the bands I use to exercise with. It grips the back and it is easy to slide the back off. 

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #8,637 of 14,084
Installing the driver over the old one previously installed will get you nowhere.

Here is how I was able to successfully installed it.

First the best is to figure out which version you need; in my case I have Win 8.1 64-bit so I installed the 64 bit from the installation package instead of it finding out. I would think that If you use the setup.bat install in the base directory that should work but took no chances.

I did not leave the player connected initially when performing the following:

(1) Uninstall the previous version by going to Device Manager, open Sound video and game controllers, right click on the iBasso Mango HiFi Audio Device and uninstall it.
(2) Install the proper version of the driver from the download using setup.exe (folder: 10-24 usb DAC Version1.0 contains both the x86 and x64 folders for 32 and 64-bit drivers, pick the one that is compatible with your windows install)
(3) Connect your player and check the Device Manager. You should see "Mango Device\Mango USB Interface" section without any exclamation mark on it, if you do have exclamation mark, then uninstall and install by right clicking and selecting Update Driver Software and browsing to the directory of your install called "mango_sub", example for me: \10-24 usb DAC Version1.0\x64\mango_usb. It will pick up the audio device driver and install it properly. If you do not have the exclamation mark it means the driver has been properly installed.
(4) Disconnect and reconnect the player.

After all that you should be able to see you USB driver showing up in the Control Panel/Sound section. Make it the default so  it will play through your player.

Sorry about the number of instructions but this driver is anything but easy to setup.

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #8,639 of 14,084
100x100 is plenty

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #8,640 of 14,084
Thanks a bunch :) and by the way, I also purchased the BeoPlay H6 recently, and when I insert the jack of the H6 cable into the DX90, the head of the jack doesn't go in completely, is that normal ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back