DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #6,451 of 14,084
First time I charged my Mugen battery it took probably 12 hours before the Charging message changed to Charged. Since then it has only taken a few hours

Well, this might be a possibility.  I left it charging overnight, but that was more like 8 hours.  Perhaps these batteries need a long time for a first charge? 

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #6,452 of 14,084
  I'm kidding of course...

Yeah, but man, I'd expect the $2.5k DAP to best it even for measurements.  
wink.gif
  Audibly, it's not conclusive, but measurement performance, being bested by a DAP that's way lower in price, it's pretty sorry in terms of numbers.  I'd like to see the Hugo measurements now.  
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #6,453 of 14,084
Fair enough.In my opinion a player that costs as much as ak240 should absolutely annihilate the competition not be slightly a tier above a $420 player.As for those who bought ak240 and have buyers remorse,well we all know what high expectations do to your listening experience.There is always the option to go red wine and improve them more since for most who buy a $2500 dap money is not an issue.

Saying that i am absolutely delighted with the sound of my dx90 and ie800,as are other users with the same combo.It's pretty incredible the portable system you can buy for relatively little money.Best $1200 i spent for that level of sound.

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #6,454 of 14,084
  Fair enough.In my opinion a player that costs as much as ak240 should absolutely annihilate the competition not be slightly a tier above a $420 player.As for those who bought ak240 and have buyers remorse,well we all know what high expectations do to your listening experience.There is always the option to go red wine and improve them more since for most who buy a $2500 dap money is not an issue.

Saying that i am absolutely delighted with the sound of my dx90 and ie800,as are other users with the same combo.It's pretty incredible the portable system you can buy for relatively little money.Best $1200 i spent for that level of sound.

biggrin.gif
  good point.  I see so many post of AK owners doing that.  

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #6,456 of 14,084

You are obviously paying for features on a DAP like AK240. If you only care about excellent quality sound and basic DAP functions, I don't see why you would need to spend too much on DAPs.

As for me, I put a hard limit of $500 on DAPs. I spend most of my money on headphones, where I don't have any doubt makes a lot of difference.

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #6,457 of 14,084

I don't recall much buyers remorse from AK240 owners. It doesn't need to annihilate anything. It has to be good enough or enough better for the buyer to enjoy it. If a buyer that can afford whatever he wants doesn't really dig a $500 or even a $1k DAP regardless of how close it is overall, those would be a worse expenditure.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #6,463 of 14,084
It does not need an amp.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #6,464 of 14,084
i currently have an ipod classic paired with a c421 amp. Does the dx90 require amps to sound better? i mean, is it good on its own already?

Not to be too much of a jerk, but have you read any of this thread? If so, you'll have found answers to your question literally littered throughout. Take a little time and read the thread, man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back