DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #4,546 of 14,084
  I just tried for over 2 hours to add another album to my microsd card. However, each time I rescan I only get artists from A-K to show while the remaining L-Z is missing. I tried deleting the data in the DX90 and doing a factory reset and it is still doing the same. I even tried to remove the album and see if all my artists shows up and I still get A-K. Before I got A-Z with no problem and all my songs are retagged. Anyone know what I can do?

Read this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715434/ibasso-dx90-bug-thread-post-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here/30#post_10517125

May 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #4,547 of 14,084
  I went to their site and emailed when you originally posted but I never heard anything back form them on the CD, which I was going to purchase. 

Same over here...No reply from them nod was wondering did I get the Email address wrong..

Edit: pls ignore ...jus saw bbfoto responds...

Sorry to say that I donated to her via paypal over a week ago and received ... - nothing. No reply, no download, no CD. Also no reply to my e mail   - so guys be cautious !   
I must say  I did like the music though but this business conduct is a no go. 

RE:  The STEPH JOHNSON TRIO  "NATURE GIRL"  CD

http://www.stephjohnsonband.com

Thanks for the head's-up gents!  I think all has been resolved.  

Please see my EDITED POST (#4501) at the top of PAGE #301 for details!...specifically "EDIT #2" at...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/ibasso-dx90-dual-sabre-es9018k2m-new-amp-section-review-imforation-1st-page/4500#post_10513694

ORIGINAL POST (#2043):  http://www.head-fi.org/t/522812/the-best-female-vocals-your-favorite-female-singers/2040#post_10514286  

------------------------------

I am working on my DX90 review now, combined with the Beyerdynamic T1's, as compared to a 2014 Audio-gd NFB-28 with TCXO USB upgrades connected balanced & SE to the T1's.  I just want to make sure I am clearly past the 400-hour burn-in mark on the DX90.  Thanks for everyone's impressions so far!  I'm loving it.  :)

BB

May 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #4,548 of 14,084

Actually I just tried formatting my microsd card, reloaded all my songs and formatted the internal memory of my DX90. However, I am still having the same issue where it doesn't show all my songs, artists and albums.  I noticed my DX90 is not scanning fully because it will scan for about 1-2 minutes and reboot automatically.  

May 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #4,549 of 14,084
@ bbfoto
Thanks for guiding to good music.
darthsmile.gif

May 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #4,550 of 14,084
Hi. So do the folks who believe in DAP burn in have a general consensus on how many hours of burn in the DX90 requires? Did anyone contact iBasso regarding the burn in cable provided in the box and about how many hours they recommend burning in the DX90? I've searched the thread and it seems that the only info I've found about burning in the DX90 is iBasso's comment that the playback volume/gain when using the burn in cable does not matter/make any difference. Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! 
wink.gif

May 5, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #4,551 of 14,084
Hi. So do the folks who believe in DAP burn in have a general consensus on how many hours of burn in the DX90 requires? Did anyone contact iBasso regarding the burn in cable provided in the box and about how many hours they recommend burning in the DX90? I've searched the thread and it seems that the only info I've found about burning in the DX90 is iBasso's comment that the playback volume/gain when using the burn in cable does not matter/make any difference. Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! 
wink.gif

iBasso recommended 400 hours.

May 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #4,552 of 14,084

wink.gif

iBasso recommended 400 hours.

Thanks! But wow... 400 hours is a long long time... that's more than 2 weeks of 24-hour continuous burn in... or about 8 weeks if you just burn it in by regular listening about 7 hours a day...

May 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #4,553 of 14,084
  Thanks! But wow... 400 hours is a long long time... that's more than 2 weeks of 24-hour continuous burn in... or about 8 weeks if you just burn it in by regular listening about 7 hours a day...

But if you could hear the sound quality improvements in those hundred hours...It must be a pretty nice journey :)

May 5, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #4,556 of 14,084

Interesting, 400 hrs? How long is the warranty provided by ibasso? If I don't burn-in intentionally and listen to it 1-2hrs per day, it would take almost 1 year...

I think warranty is 1 year. I doubt you listen for only 1 hr/day
smily_headphones1.gif

I listen about 1.5hr on average daily. I tend to protect my ears more than my gears since my ears is the most valuable, important and non-replaceable part of my head-fi system
gs1000.gif

May 5, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #4,557 of 14,084

Actually I just tried formatting my microsd card, reloaded all my songs and formatted the internal memory of my DX90. However, I am still having the same issue where it doesn't show all my songs, artists and albums.  I noticed my DX90 is not scanning fully because it will scan for about 1-2 minutes and reboot automatically.  

Hello,

I think we don't have to think in the album or artist order but in the directory order. I suppose DX90 scans in directory then file (in directory) order and it finds something that it doesn't like. The firmware of DX90 manages very bad the accentuated (emphased ?) characters. So if you have something special in the name of the directory or a file in a directory it could make it bug.

To try to find where it bugs, look at the directory view to see the last one and in this directory the last file then try to rename or simply remove the next directory and this directory to see if it changes something.

Other ideas :
> what is the size of your card ? what is the file system ? (you should use exFat if >=32GB)
> ask iBasso to put the firmware of DX90 online and try to re-flash (due to reboot issue)

Give news. Good luck!
MGMC

May 5, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #4,558 of 14,084

I listen about 1.5hr on average daily. I tend to protect my ears more than my gears since my ears is the most valuable, important and non-replaceable part of my head-fi system
gs1000.gif

Interesting, 400 hrs? How long is the warranty provided by ibasso? If I don't burn-in intentionally and listen to it 1-2hrs per day, it would take almost 1 year...

I think warranty is 1 year. I doubt you listen for only 1 hr/day
smily_headphones1.gif

I confirm : iBasso says 400 hours with any soundtrack at any volume at any gain but with the burn cable (or your headphone if it needs too!).
I don't understand the dicussions about how long if I just listen to burn ???? You have a burn-on cable ? So get an AC adapter, plug the DX90, plug the burn-in cable, select "All music" and "loop"... every time you don't listen to it, at least when you sleep... and it should take less than a month.

May 5, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #4,560 of 14,084
Wow. I'm really sorry guys.
frown.gif
TBH, I haven't corresponded with her recently, but a few months back she had always been prompt and very appreciative. I don't do Facebook so I can't comment about that. I did donate via her PayPal link on her web site on 3 different occasions and always received my CD's within a week (after my initial purchase I wanted a few more to give as gifts).

I'll see if I can contact her and see what's up. For those of you who donated the required $20 and have not received a CD, maybe I can at least setup a Dropbox with WAV files ripped from the original CD using dbpoweramp or EAC (with her permission of course).

I don't want to derail this thread any further so PM or email me if you have donated for a CD and have not received it, or read below! Thanks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT: You can download 16/44 FLAC files of this album for USD $10.89 if you use the "CD BABY" link on Steph Johnson's home page. And here's the direct link...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stephjohnson3

I didn't realize this until I just checked.
redface.gif
I thought that just MP3 & AAC files were available for download. Hope this helps.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT # 2 (May 3, 2014): I received an almost instant email reply from Steph Johnson earlier this afternoon.
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry that I didn't post sooner...had to get some dinner in me!

GOOD NEWS (and a bit of bad news)! Steph said that she just mailed out a BUNCH of recent CD orders this FRIDAY (May 2nd), so those who recently ordered/donated to receive a CD should be receiving them within a week.
smily_headphones1.gif
(even though you may not have received an email response from her about your order or it being mailed out).

She said to sincerely apologize to anyone who she did not get back to immediately, and said that she will double-check to see if any emails were overlooked. Unfortunately, she is facing some unknown health issues and that has impacted her response time due to the many doctor visits and exams, in addition to keeping up with gigging, volunteering, writing music, giving guitar/music lessons, life, etc.

She asked to PLEASE contact her directly via EMAIL at... stephjohnsonband AT gmail D O T com if you still have not received a response to your previous emails. I asked that she continue to check her junk mail/spam folders, and you may want to do the same for her replies.
wink.gif
Thanks for your patience ladies and gents!

Billy B.

THx. Billy - I'll be patient and hope and wait for the CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back