DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 22, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #4,051 of 14,084
BTW, what should happen when you turn on, the screen showing last song played?  I briefly see the home screen for about half a second before the Scan one appears.

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #4,052 of 14,084
Does it fit inside the DX90, apart from the thickness?

I assume so but don't know. The Anker 4400 does. I have ordered one of each to try out the coming weekend.

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #4,053 of 14,084
So it looks like 30 dollars is a reasonable amount for a back? Hopefully if it can be done, iBasso will think about it. 

Some folks may think this is heresy, but even if a DX50/90 back cover for an extended battery were made out of plastic (ducking the thrown rocks and shoes), as long as it protects the battery and internals from dust and grunge, which the silicon sleeve does not do. Plastic may bring down the cost...just a thought...
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #4,054 of 14,084
So it looks like 30 dollars is a reasonable amount for a back? Hopefully if it can be done, iBasso will think about it. 

Some folks may think this is heresy, but even if a DX50/90 back cover for an extended battery were made out of plastic (ducking the thrown rocks and shoes), as long as it protects the battery and internals from dust and grunge, which the silicon sleeve does not do. Plastic may bring down the cost...just a thought...
-HK sends

Not sure if the tabs that secure the cover would be strong enough if it were to be made out of plastic.
Very tight tolerances, the 3 tabs on each side are about 1mm thick.

Plastic is fine, doubt it can be done.

To add to this.
An injection mold die is costly and time consuming to make, modifying the CNC program is easier and cheaper.

For the metal nuts... The case is made out of 5052 Aluminum (useless tidbit)

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #4,058 of 14,084
I use my 846 at low gain when I use the headphone out, mainly because I dont really notice a discernible sq increase between the 3 gain positions and low drives them plenty fine.

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #4,059 of 14,084
Just found out that my unit has been handed over to customs in Coventry & "could be there a week or more" deep joy!
So now more waiting & probably then after that more expense

That's bad luck, hope you get it soon.

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #4,061 of 14,084
Not sure if the tabs that secure the cover would be strong enough if it were to be made out of plastic.

Very tight tolerances, the 3 tabs on each side are about 1mm thick.

Plastic is fine, doubt it can be done.

To add to this.

An injection mold die is costly and time consuming to make, modifying the CNC program is easier and cheaper.

For the metal nuts... The case is made out of 5052 Aluminum (useless tidbit)

Yeah, I think you are right. The more I thought about it, the less sense it (a plastic back cover) made.
-HK sends

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #4,062 of 14,084
Cheers lads anyone else have this problem apparently it's parcel force that are the problem whether going through DHL is different & less likely to go back to customs I'm not sure. They said it's because of all the fake stuff coming out of China I hope my player isn't a fake & gers destroyed how would they know if it is or not?
Jules

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #4,064 of 14,084
Hopefully a 3rd party will make a cover. So often done. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back