DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #4,021 of 14,084
the way i am already swapping 3 micro sd cards i will be swapping batteries around
rolleyes.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #4,022 of 14,084
$30 = sold!

I'm fine if $30 including s&h. Being in HK it would cost them usd2.50 to ship to me. But shipping cost to US/EU folks could make it difficult....

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #4,023 of 14,084

Maybe wanna check what other customers think about mp4nation  ...

http://www.trustpilot.de/review/www.mp4nation.net

So I ordered the VSOINC VSDS1 iems over the weeknd from MP4nation. The website stated that they were in stock and 98% of the orders are shipped out within one business day. So I wait and send a query to their CS. I get a message that they will ship yesterday and when I check my account order page, it states it's on "back-order". However their order page still show in-stock. God I never learn. Last time I deal with these jokers.
mad.gif

So, any other good buying sources for the VSONIC? Also while I am at it, are the VSDS1 a good match for the DX90? Or should I be looking at some other IEMs. My budget is under $100 for now.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #4,025 of 14,084
So I ordered the VSOINC VSDS1 iems over the weeknd from MP4nation. The website stated that they were in stock and 98% of the orders are shipped out within one business day. So I wait and send a query to their CS. I get a message that they will ship yesterday and when I check my account order page, it states it's on "back-order". However their order page still show in-stock. God I never learn. Last time I deal with these jokers. :mad:

So, any other good buying sources for the VSONIC? Also while I am at it, are the VSDS1 a good match for the DX90? Or should I be looking at some other IEMs. My budget is under $100 for now.

turbo87 shure 215.
I own a pair and use them for running/cycling.

I also own the Shure215 and Shure215LTE (blue case with special bass tuning) I find the Shure215 better match for an amped DX50 and Shure215LTE for an un-amped DX90. I use them mainly on commutes. I keep my SE535 for home use. :)

Having a detachable cable at that price is a life saver. The earphones are pretty robust but the cable seems to eventually break, Shure offers a 2-year warranty that applies to the cable as well.

I'm fine if $30 including s&h. Being in HK it would cost them usd2.50 to ship to me. But shipping cost to US/EU folks could make it difficult....

Yeah 30$ max with shipping is fine but no further.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #4,026 of 14,084
I also own the Shure215 and Shure215LTE (blue case with special bass tuning) I find the Shure215 better match for an amped DX50 and Shure215LTE for an un-amped DX90. I use them mainly on commutes. I keep my SE535 for home use.
smily_headphones1.gif

Having a detachable cable at that price is a life saver. The earphones are pretty robust but the cable seems to eventually break, Shure offers a 2-year warranty that applies to the cable as well.
Yeah 30$ max with shipping is fine but no further.

Thanks Guys. Jon, do you mean the Shure 215LTD. I can't seem to find the Shure 215LTE.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #4,028 of 14,084
Thanks Guys. Jon, do you mean the Shure 215LTD. I can't seem to find the Shure 215LTE.

If they're blue... It's the right one :)

Sorry yes, I should have said 215LTD and it looks cool in blue, certainly is a show off! :wink:

Here the link on Amazon but I got mine from earphonesolutions.com which is a Shure distributor.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00A16BT4E?c=n&qid=1398186027&sr=8-6

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #4,029 of 14,084
I sent a 4400mah battery cover request a couple of days ago, Haven't heard back from them. It would work for the dx90 and dx50, they don't have to etch the model number on it.

Maybe @jamato8 can convince them?

I'd pay $30 for it.

I wouldn't mind paying $30 for a back cover to accommodate a bigger battery. If they can make a cover for the 7000mah battery I'll pay even more.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #4,030 of 14,084
Finally! 13 days of express shipping later my DX90 arrives! All be it loose with NO bubblewrap or protection around the  box??!

Anyway - I have just spent the last hour trying to find ANYTHING that is less than 100% wonderful with the device or the sound and. . . I can't ! 

The dx90 is like dx50's big brother, stronger more mature more accomplished in every way
I put in the 64gb card i had in my previous dx50 and it scanned the entire card in about 8 seconds!

Tested using Grado GR10 IEm & Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 ohm ~ Straight out the box
Every genre 24/192 ~ 16-44 ~ vinyl rips/HDtracks/CD

The instrument seperation is superb - the audiophile in me can more than happily travel to different instruments in the 
mix and enjoy each one on its own ad then just pull back and enjoy the 
Over all sound - seems a lot more lively and immersive than dx50. It sounds quite Grado'ish in that you are lot more
part of the excitment of expereince, like you are there in the studio with the musicians
The bass is wonderful - sounds like the drums are much more tight and tuned! a lot more of the various characteristics 
of the different parts of the drum lit are more accessible to the ear now - when the bass drum kicks - you feel it, when the snare
drums snaps you hear the punchyness of it
Highs and mids...just work - i noticed nothing about them . . .  which is about as high praise as i can give - there is nothing 
about the audio that I notice...which means they have managed a device which is superbly, maybe even perfectly balanced?
the soundstage and 3d i feel is perfect. It could be wider but then I would start to be distracted to the left and right sides which
detract from the over all immersion - I had some amazing moments of drum going from left ear all the way across to the bottom 
of my right ear !
I also had a few audiophile moments - new parts of the music I hadn't heard before

Over all - faultless I love it and am 100% happy with the sound and player....so far :)

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #4,031 of 14,084
Worth the wait then Jon :)

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4,035 of 14,084

I had the same experience as Jon - the DX90 read the almost full 64GB card that I used in my DX50 in a shockingly fast time.  I was amazed.

I was surprised - i thought it would take 3- 4 minutes. Not joking it was about 8 seconds (all the audio was prepared beforehand for dx50 use though!)
My until is lightning fast compared to the dx50

Didn't enjoy the wait :) but OMG Its rare to be satisfied with something...with anything! especially something like audio which has a million different components that need to come together  :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back