DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,856 of 14,084
BTW, reading the X5 thread, it seems that the X5 amp is found lacking (not in overall power but in terms of how it colors the sound) (seems to also have bass that is a bit unimpressive). That isn't the case at all with the DX90 IMO. I will be hearing the X5 this weekend so I'll let you guys know how I think it sounds compared to DX90.

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #3,859 of 14,084
How long of a delay. When mine arrived at any new port it was only a matter of minutes, sometimes within the same minute before it was cleared and subsequently processed. I'm assuming that the clearance is customs?

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #3,861 of 14,084
I just saw the listing for the DX90 on Amazon is now showing only 18 left in stock. Here is the link again:
http://amzn.to/1nuuZ1G

My DX90 that I ordered from this dealer on Amazon on Friday will arrive tomorrow, Monday, according to the tracking on USPS. And that was with the free standard shipping, not expedited, so they seem to ship promptly. I am looking forward to hearing it.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3,864 of 14,084
Hey, does anyone have problems playing .wav files on their DX90? I put a few 24bit wav files in my sd card but the player does not find them, just the folder.

Nearly all my files are .wav and they all play just fine. Of course there is no album art with the .wav files.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #3,866 of 14,084
Mine plays all the files I have thrown at it. FLAC, ALAC, WAV, DSD, hi and low res. etc. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,868 of 14,084
Actually the DAC function on DX90 was mentioned the Mini Audio website (in Chinese) as an announcement: http://www.mini-audio.com/content/?88.html

Well to be fair, at no point has iBasso officially annunced usb dac functionality and it is not mentioned on their web site. Only mentioning is in emails to individuals asking.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #3,869 of 14,084
probably they dont like adding usb dac to dx90
it is very simple...they would kill all own DACs they are selling now

why to buy extra dac when you buy DX90 and it has monstrous dac already...

it would probably kill mamba from market and everything similiar

i wouldnt be surprised if even when they add usb dac functionality there will be some limits or wanted disfunctionalities or quality drops...otherwise they could delete all other products and just sell DX90

it would be a perfect all in one

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #3,870 of 14,084
probably they dont like adding usb dac to dx90
it is very simple...they would kill all own DACs they are selling now

why to buy extra dac when you buy DX90 and it has monstrous dac already...

it would probably kill mamba from market and everything similiar

i wouldnt be surprised if even when they add usb dac functionality there will be some limits or wanted disfunctionalities or quality drops...otherwise they could delete all other products and just sell DX90

it would be a perfect all in one

$419 is a huge nut to crack for some...

What about the folks that aren't interested in leaving the apple ecosystem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back