DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #3,841 of 14,084
If you don't want to burn out your ear/headphones, you can use the burn-in cable
wink_face.gif
. Just plug the cable into HO, you can set dx90 at any volume(that doesn't matter), run it for 100 hrs, you'll find the sound performance gets better. Oh, I don't think you should just  play music on dx90 without any headphones or the burn-in cable pluged in,this will not help burn-in your DAP.

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #3,842 of 14,084
Hi Guys,

I have requested iBasso to cancel my order due to shipping delay even though it was showing they had stock and also because of the negative criticism it is getting in the review thread.

Could you please let me know if they support cancelation and I had paid using paypal. How long do they take to process the refund?

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #3,843 of 14,084
Hi Guys,

I have requested iBasso to cancel my order due to shipping delay even though it was showing they had stock and also because of the negative criticism it is getting in the review thread.

Could you please let me know if they support cancelation and I had paid using paypal. How long do they take to process the refund?

Negative criticism ? Do i miss something ? This dx90 is a great player and i´m happy that i pulled the trigger on it ...

I shipped my dx50 back to them because of the volume spikes and they were very quick with refund. No worries about that.

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #3,844 of 14,084
Hi Guys,

may i ask the electrical point of this burning in?
what do you guys imagine it does?

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #3,845 of 14,084
  may i ask the electrical point of this burning in?
what do you guys imagine it does?

It has been debated many times. I would google it. Some hear differences, some do not. Audio Note UK, Cary Audio and some others always recommend it as it forms the capacitors and there are thermal changes to resistors and even changes to the traces but this isn't the place to do a long debate back and forth. Those that want to do it, do, and those who don't, don't. It is an easy choice and hurts nothing either way. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #3,846 of 14,084
Negative criticism ? Do i miss something ? This dx90 is a great player and i´m happy that i pulled the trigger on it ...

I shipped my dx50 back to them because of the volume spikes and they were very quick with refund. No worries about that.

I think there are exactly 2 people, both from Vietnam, who are vehemently aginst it. Beyond that I have seen nobody negativ to the sound, just personal preferences and then some people seem to have operational difficaulties with some aspects.

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #3,847 of 14,084
  Not stupid, an understandable question. We are all each other's teach. Enjoy the music. :^)

Thanks. :)

I haven't given my comments on the DX90 yet I don't think. The player sounds AMAZING. It is so rich and full. I seriously couldn't be any happier with it. The only things I wish I could improve are nitpicky UI things, like I wish there was an easy way to delete a song as it is playing (kind of like the + button to add a song to a playlist when it plays. I wish they would add a - button to delete the song off the player as we hear it so we can more easily get rid of songs we don't like). 

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #3,848 of 14,084
What I am finding now that is both awesome and weird at the same time is that while listening to songs I have heard hundreds of times before, when multiple vocalists harmonize - I am now more able to identify the individual voices and almost listen solely to that individual voice - what is weird is that the whole sounds slightly different - but when I back off (in my mind
eek.gif
) and focus on the primary voice again, it sounds like I remember it. 

Am I making sense here?

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #3,849 of 14,084
iBasso told me they don't intend to implement m3u playlists, still an amazing dap! Couldn't be any happier.
75 hours+ of burn-in and the brightness is wearing off.
Really don't see myself stacking this with any of my amps.

Thanks for your honest reviews jamato8.

Now I need to buy some headphones....
Anyone know of an audiophile marriage counselor? I'm gonna need someone who understands me. :)

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,850 of 14,084
  What I am finding now that is both awesome and weird at the same time is that while listening to songs I have heard hundreds of times before, when multiple vocalists harmonize - I am now more able to identify the individual voices and almost listen solely to that individual voice - what is weird is that the whole sounds slightly different - but when I back off (in my mind
eek.gif

Am I making sense here?

Yes, that is what I have expressed that I have heard. Individual dynamics are done superbly so that imaging is great and where those dynamics come from, are not lost in the mix. You can it many way, very details and listen to a voice or instrument that may have been lost in the mix, on a different player or listen to the music as a whole. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,851 of 14,084
Anyone know of an audiophile marriage counselor? I'm gonna need someone who understands me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Deception works every time.

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #3,852 of 14,084
  Yes, that is what I have expressed that I have heard. Individual dynamics are done superbly so that imaging is great and where those dynamics come from, are not lost in the mix. You can it many way, very details and listen to a voice or instrument that may have been lost in the mix, on a different player or listen to the music as a whole. 

Yes,

The DX90 breaks down the "wall of sound" brick by brick.

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #3,855 of 14,084
eek.gif

Am I making sense here?

More of what I'm used to at home. It doesn't force you to dissect the music but allows you to hear what the guy that mixed it did. It's a more fulfilling and moving experience when you can hear individual inflection that builds to a greater whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back