DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 18, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3,691 of 14,084
  I am not impressed with DHL.  I look up tracking wondering where the DX90 is and their website says DELIVERED and signed for...yesterday!  No package is here and nobody signed for anything. 

Eventually I discover on a wild hunch that they delivered to my neighbors down the road, who are out of town for six weeks.  The package is sitting against their door, of course with no signature.  Delivered to wrong address and left with no signature.  Ibasso, you should use another delivery service.

I've had my own negative DHL experience.  The package was at the local distribution center but rejected by them and returned to the Cincinnati hub.  I spoke to a DHL representative who corrected whatever issue existed and shipping was rescheduled for today.  But when I checked the status it was recipient refused deliver!  They never stopped by the house - was here all day.  Talking to a representative again they said the driver didn't know how to get to our house due to construction.  They couldn't follow the detour signs?  Pretty lame.  They're going to attempt to deliver Monday and call me first - hopefully I can get them around the detour.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #3,693 of 14,084
DX90 gods smiled on me. Both boys went to sleep, and I'm listening to Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind album in FLAC format. Sounds very nice out of the box. I see what people mean about layering/positioning and SABRE sheen, and I'm using Astrotec AX35 which are way out of the DX90's league but were the first earphones I saw. I'll work my way through ear/headphones over the long weekend. Unfortunately I left my HE-400 and Ultrasones at work, so I'll have to wait until. Monday to try out the DX90 with my better headphones.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #3,694 of 14,084
So anybody with a DX90 having the issue with the Equalizer not working?

Mine is working fine. Similar to the later DX50 updates.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,695 of 14,084
So I just opened up my DX90 and there isn't any paperwork whatsoever. Anyone know if there is a user guide anywhere??? A pdf user guide maybe?

Just use the one for the DX50...They are virtually identical in operation. You can download the .pdf manual from the iBasso website.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #3,696 of 14,084
Aarrgh...I can't get the DX90 to scan the songs on the micro sd card.  Either it scans super quick and every song says "null" underneath (and they won't play)...or it just sits for an hour or more in media scanning mode and never seems to complete.  If I manually go into an artist via directory it will load just that file.  I've been able to listen to one song so far...it sounded good but it would be nice to hear more :).

What is the best way to scan?  I've simply put a card in, turned unit on, and selected scan card.  Am I missing something?  How long should it take?  My card has 30 gig on it.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #3,697 of 14,084
  Aarrgh...I can't get the DX90 to scan the songs on the micro sd card.  Either it scans super quick and every song says "null" underneath (and they won't play)...or it just sits for an hour or more in media scanning mode and never seems to complete.  If I manually go into an artist via directory it will load just that file.  I've been able to listen to one song so far...it sounded good but it would be nice to hear more :).

What is the best way to scan?  I've simply put a card in, turned unit on, and selected scan card.  Am I missing something?  How long should it take?  My card has 30 gig on it.

I had the same issue when I first got my DX50. You need to retags your songs. Use mp3tag to quickly retag everything: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #3,698 of 14,084

I had the same issue when I first got my DX50. You need to retags your songs. Use mp3tag to quickly retag everything: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Thanks for your response, but this issue seems like a load to me.  These same songs all work fine in my DX100.  Why can't ibasso make the firmware work correctly...especially if it is a DX50 problem as well. I can load one directory folder at a time with no problem. 

The good news is that the DX90 does indeed sound good.  Head to head with my DX100, it provides a musical and more intimate sound than my DX100 with 1.2.7 firmware.  The DX100 still seems to have the better "reference" sound, more soundstage, a little more distant and a slight edge on detail....but the DX90 is very satisfying with a nice full sound that doesn't seem to give much up for details.  I could live with this sound.

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #3,700 of 14,084
  Well I just took a quick listen of my DX90 without burning in and I am impressed. Noticeable improvements over the DX50 is the separation of instruments in a song and the liveliness of the singer. Also I do not have any issues with "é" in my artist or song names. They do not show up as Chinese characters as something else here mentioned. However, I find the same issues exist on the DX90 that occurs on the DX50 (for example, the lag when going into All Music). Also, I like the look of this firmware as the fonts are larger.

BTW, I am testing with my jogging earphones, Future Sonics FS1 and they sound bad with everything I've tried un-amped, but not with the DX90.

What is the major improvement in sound signature can you notice from DX50 to DX90 ?
I'm very interested to know about the sound stage/3D imaging, vocal/instrument separation and bass impact between DX50 to DX90.
Thanks.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #3,701 of 14,084
Anybody get one DOA?

Mine just has an awful buzz or hum through the HO - play a song, can't hear it - just a buzz with a faint clicking in the background - it doesn't change with the volume control - it doesn't change with the gain switch - just a buzz - tried factory reset - no change.

Am I doing something wrong? I did notice that when I inserted my sd card - it didn't take long to scan - and I couldn't find any of gthe songs in the directory - so next time I plugged in the card, i read the card and picked a song - the song shows on the display - it pauses and plays - just no output from the HO

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,702 of 14,084
  Anybody get one DOA?

Mine just has an awful buzz or hum through the HO - play a song, can't hear it - just a buzz with a faint clicking in the background - it doesn't change with the volume control - it doesn't change with the gain switch - just a buzz - tried factory reset - no change.

Am I doing something wrong? I did notice that when I inserted my sd card - it didn't take long to scan - and I couldn't find any of gthe songs in the directory - so next time I plugged in the card, i read the card and picked a song - the song shows on the display - it pauses and plays - just no output from the HO

Out of curiosity, did you try the line out, to see if there is any sound? Also, while the player is on, take the sd card out and reinsert it to see if it will do a normal scan. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #3,703 of 14,084
I tried re-inserting the card - then I look in the directory - it has me look at the sd card - my songs are there - HO is a high frequency whine. I don't have anything to test the LO with

How do you get the battery out - maybe a reset of power - no documentation came with this unit - press and slide? I don't want to break it

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #3,704 of 14,084
When I look at my music - it lists the songs by order they appeared in the albums - all the 01's - then all the 02's - I don't see a place where I can choose by album or artist.... where are the sort options?

ugh

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #3,705 of 14,084
  Anybody get one DOA?

I suppose you plug in your phone at the bottom jack not the the one on top (Digital out) where you have the SD slot also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back