DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #3,706 of 14,084
  When I look at my music - it lists the songs by order they appeared in the albums - all the 01's - then all the 02's - I don't see a place where I can choose by album or artist.... where are the sort options?

ugh

That's one of my problem when i plug my hp to coaxial out when trying out a dx50 demo before
basshead.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #3,708 of 14,084
Did you all know that I am as dumb as a stick - I am also very tired - only got to play with this after cooking a meal, taking care of a sick relative and closing the door to my office - and still I got interrupted twice more...

Yes, I plugged it into the wrong hole

jesus

EDIT - I opened up the DX50 manual on the iBasso website and figured out the sorting issue 

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #3,709 of 14,084
Just got mine but have to wait until the kiddos are asleep to play. No problem with the one-year-old, but the three-year-old does not like to cooperate with nap time these days
blink.gif

As a father of two, I've often wanted to start selling a line of chloroform pillowcases.

Aarrgh...I can't get the DX90 to scan the songs on the micro sd card.  Either it scans super quick and every song says "null" underneath (and they won't play)...or it just sits for an hour or more in media scanning mode and never seems to complete.  If I manually go into an artist via directory it will load just that file.  I've been able to listen to one song so far...it sounded good but it would be nice to hear more :).

What is the best way to scan?  I've simply put a card in, turned unit on, and selected scan card.  Am I missing something?  How long should it take?  My card has 30 gig on it.

Sounds like A) some tags are not in order or B) rouge (non-music) files on the card perhaps?

When I look at my music - it lists the songs by order they appeared in the albums - all the 01's - then all the 02's - I don't see a place where I can choose by album or artist.... where are the sort options?

ugh

You've selected "all music". Scroll down for options like "Albums" and "Artists".

I suppose you plug in your phone at the bottom jack not the the one on top (Digital out) where you have the SD slot also?

I was thinking the same thing - It sounds like you've plugged your headphones into the coax output on top.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #3,711 of 14,084
I tried re-inserting the card - then I look in the directory - it has me look at the sd card - my songs are there - HO is a high frequency whine. I don't have anything to test the LO with

How do you get the battery out - maybe a reset of power - no documentation came with this unit - press and slide? I don't want to break it

The DX90 UI being very compatible with the DX50, I would consult the FAQ page, it is filled with a lot of answers to your questions and some.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx50-faq

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #3,713 of 14,084
@headwhacker kindly review dx90 Roxanne combo. I'm holding off from buying the dx90 till you give the green light!

I'll give it sometime to sink in to me before I give my impressions. Right out of the box, the first track I played sounds boomy and muffled on Roxanne. After an hour I went back and it sounds better. I will definitely post a better impression/comparison with Roxanne/JH16 and T1

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #3,714 of 14,084
Apr 19, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #3,715 of 14,084
Finally received my set.. I love u DHL..

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #3,716 of 14,084
The silicon case that comes with the dx90 is so much thinner then the one I ordered from miniaudio china..

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #3,718 of 14,084
Thinner has its advantages, lighter to carry and easier to press the covered buttons. It's actually nice they offer the case for free, I had to pay for the DX50.

I didnt face any problem pressing buttons with the thicker mini audio case .. in fact the thicker case is much better build. Anyway what matters most is the superior SQ of the DX90.. nothing else matters.

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #3,719 of 14,084
I didnt face any problem pressing buttons with the thicker mini audio case .. in fact the thicker case is much better build. Anyway what matters most is the superior SQ of the DX90.. nothing else matters.

It's a mixed bag, I have had thick silicon cases that ripped to no end and thin ones I still own so thickness is not the only criteria. I feel the one iBasso provides to be of good quality but yes SQ is foremost. :wink:

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #3,720 of 14,084
Originally posted by Sorensiim:

Sounds like A) some tags are not in order or B) rouge (non-music) files on the card perhaps?

No other files on the card except for standard Android format directories.

Again, the key point is that these work in every other device...including a DX100.  I have no desire to strip ten years of input effort into my tags down to bare bones when many of these have additional information I need, such as indicating they are from an analog source, etc.  The media scan locks up within two minutes and then nothing.  Manually I've entered thousands of songs via the file directory view and they scan quickly and efficiently.  Interestingly, I have one folder with over 1,000 songs in it and it loaded very quickly while using this technique.  The files in that folder have the tag structure as all of my other files. 

Especially because DX100 eats this media like candy...this is a DX90 bug and it needs to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back