DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #3,646 of 14,084
Hopefully that can get fixed.  At work I like to toggle between using the AK as a dac for media, streaming radio etc but also switch to the internal library.  Not too interested in having to have one cable connected to the back of the PC and another to a power bar.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #3,647 of 14,084
  DHL delivered 30 minutes ago - my mother in law signed for it - I am 20 miles away but it might as well be 200 - did anyone's invoice in their DHL package include the price? LOL - Some women can be nosey.

Also - how can I charge and listen at the same time? USB cable to computer USB port?

I don't want to wait to charge the person when I get home from work.

From my DX50 days I purchased a pair of S3 batteries and a charger for about $15 allowing me to charge independently and always have a pair of fresh batteries so power was never an issue even on the road. The batteries are tiny and easy to carry, just open the back cover and look at how easy this is. A quick search came up with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-T-Mobile-U-S-Cellular-EB-L1G6LLU-18-Month/dp/B00GHDLR4C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397845561&sr=8-2&keywords=s3+battery

However, I am sure if you searched/shopped you can get the price lower.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #3,648 of 14,084
  Very cool, I will look forward to it. I imagine that the majority of us are coming from iTunes and its automated tagging/art when capturing CDs. These are my main questions for your upcoming tutorial:

• Optimizing tags for iBasso
  • Optimizing art for iBasso
  • Automation: is there software that is as slick and automated that does work with iBasso?

I hope I am not asking too much given your family obligations. Oh, and I want it yesterday! 
wink_face.gif

I've found that once your tags are in order and files named properly, they tend to "just work" with pretty much everything. Ibasso, iTunes, Cowon, A&K, Android devices, XBMC and Sonos. 

For automated ripping, artwork, file conversions etc. I use dBPowerAmp. Horrible name, HUGELY powerful software: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ - Honestly, Head-Fi should sort out some sort of member discount as any and all audiophiles should own this software.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #3,649 of 14,084
Too bad poweramp doesn't work for Mac. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #3,650 of 14,084
  I agree with Jamato in that the DX90 improves quite substantially after some hours. I'm 30 hours in now and both the X5 and DX90 sound a lot better. That Sabre treble sheen on the DX90 kind of goes away and the bass pitch definition has improved. It sounds more textured now. Man that Sabre bass is quick and fast holy. The X5 sounds less congested and muffled and starting to sound more open with slightly better resolution/detail. I'm going all the way to 200.

*Now if you don't believe in this kind of stuff that's cool bro. Just leave me and the other crazies alone. I'm leaving you alone too. I just wanted to share so the other crazies know.
beerchug.gif

+1 bro
beerchug.gif

I started out as a hardcore skeptic for everything that was "audiophile," but after hearing changes in everything, sometimes dramatic, sometimes subtle I've become a believer.

I sincerely believe that some engineer in the future will figure out a simple reason why there is burn-in, while doing some non-related research he will stumble upon it and be like "oh this is odd..."

*When I bought my 2nd Fiio X3, compared it next to my 4 month old X3 with like 300 hours on it. It was VERY different. Haha. even my friends who are not into this kind of stuff spotted it easily. The new one has bass bloat and sounded muffled.

Same thing for me XD. I didn't like my dx50 when I first got it. Sounded messy and lifeless. Two weeks later and it sounds much cleaner and energetic! I really like it now.

I've had this same thing for most of the Fiio products I've owned. I had a E17 which I used for quite some time(many months) and I noticed how the sound changed as it "broke in". I then compared it to a brand new one I bought and my broken in e17 sounded waaay better imho. Same thing with the X3. I was already used to the E17 sound so my ears should have already been used to the x3 but when I first heard it I was disappointed, it sounded muffled and lacked clarity. Over the course of two weeks to a month the sound reached of what I initially expected it to sound and I was happy.I've had the same experience with the E07k I used to own.

I guess I'm one of the crazies!

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #3,651 of 14,084
...hmmm...i´m not able to change the wallpaper on the dx90 like i do on the dx50... (wallpaper.png).....

Anybody able to change the wallpaper ?

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #3,653 of 14,084

Very cool, I will look forward to it. I imagine that the majority of us are coming from iTunes and its automated tagging/art when capturing CDs. These are my main questions for your upcoming tutorial:

• Optimizing tags for iBasso
  • Optimizing art for iBasso
  • Automation: is there software that is as slick and automated that does work with iBasso?

I hope I am not asking too much given your family obligations. Oh, and I want it yesterday! 
wink_face.gif

I've found that once your tags are in order and files named properly, they tend to "just work" with pretty much everything. Ibasso, iTunes, Cowon, A&K, Android devices, XBMC and Sonos. 

For automated ripping, artwork, file conversions etc. I use dBPowerAmp. Horrible name, HUGELY powerful software: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ - Honestly, Head-Fi should sort out some sort of member discount as any and all audiophiles should own this software.

Cool, I will take a look.

It is (A) intuitive like iTunes; (B) complete, easy to use, and well documented; or (C) does it require some getting used to, customization/scripting, training, internet searching, and QandA through forums?

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3,654 of 14,084
Well I just took a quick listen of my DX90 without burning in and I am impressed. Noticeable improvements over the DX50 is the separation of instruments in a song and the liveliness of the singer. Also I do not have any issues with "é" in my artist or song names. They do not show up as Chinese characters as something else here mentioned. However, I find the same issues exist on the DX90 that occurs on the DX50 (for example, the lag when going into All Music). Also, I like the look of this firmware as the fonts are larger.

BTW, I am testing with my jogging earphones, Future Sonics FS1 and they sound bad with everything I've tried un-amped, but not with the DX90.

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #3,655 of 14,084
  Cool, I will take a look.

It is (A) intuitive like iTunes; (B) complete, easy to use, and well documented; or (C) does it require some getting used to, customization/scripting, training, internet searching, and QandA through forums?

I'm one of those who run away screaming, arms flailing in the air, whenever I see iTunes so I really wouldn't know. Try it, there's a free 30 day trial I believe 
smile.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #3,656 of 14,084
I just recently received my DX90.  Coming from a J3, which was alright, but this DAP is on a whole other level.  I'm loving the detail of the sound!  I didn't own a DX50, so I just had a couple of questions on the usability of the DX90 that I can't seem to find the answers to.

1) Is there support for external playlists (M3U, etc.)?  I am guessing not, since it seems that having non-audio files can cause problems for the player.  If not, is there a way to add songs to an internal playlist by directory?  I can't seem to figure out how to manage playlists other than clicking the [+] button on a song that is playing.  Also, I think I saw it mentioned somewhere in this thread or the DX50 thread that there is no way to rename them.  Would I have to recreate these playlists through the player if I were to do a factory reset, say after a firmware upgrade?

2) If I have a directory with sub-directories inside, is there a way to play all the songs inside all of the sub-directories rather than just songs in one level? 

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #3,658 of 14,084
  I think I need to get one of these leather cases to sexy up my DX90.

Damn - those are as sexy as any of the A&K leather cases - where do you buy? (oh god, more $$)

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #3,659 of 14,084
Is it correct that the DX90 asks at every switch on 'if you wish to scan card'? I didn't notice it a few days ago .... But then was probably too excited to just hear it!

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,660 of 14,084
No it only ask when you swap cards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back