DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,631 of 14,084
Apr 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #3,632 of 14,084
The only of my phones that really benefits from the balanced output of the SR71-B is the HE-500. Yes balanced is better for all my other phones as well but the difference is so small that for me the advantage og being able to go one box versus two boxes outweighs that small sq increase. I believe that in the future my travel rig will mainly be DX90 with Tsar350.

Holy Moly a 300ohm IEM? Havent payed attention to this before :D So the DX90 drives them good enough?

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #3,633 of 14,084
Holy Moly a 300ohm IEM? Havent payed attention to this before :D So the DX90 drives them good enough?

350 ohms actually. Yes DX90 drives them fantastic, it's actually the best I've heard them so far. High gain and 210-220 on the volume. Mine are also very special and one of a kind. The Wizard have custom build them for me in the housing of Etymotics MC3 as I didn't like the normal housing but love the deep insertion and slim profile of Etymotics iem's.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,634 of 14,084
  Hey, everything you said sounds reasonable. I agree.

For me, I just go with one simple rule: "Trust your ears".

If I start doubting everything I hear there is no end. I go with what I hear.

Placebos are proven to help people feel and get better too. There's nothing bad about that, if they are for free.:wink:

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #3,635 of 14,084

Why would DX90 not be capable to drive it? The load impedance of the phone doesn't tell you it's efficiency nor how much power needed to drive it's drivers. Having said that, the efficiency numbers are not listed on their site.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3,636 of 14,084
We have similar gear, minus the headphones.
I don't use the pico anymore, not since purchasing the intruder.

Nice gear!

Thanks, I still have the Pico and the Pico Power. I think I went nuts on amps. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,637 of 14,084

**twitches** FIX YOUR TAGS, SON!

I am tired of looking at (nul) and missing artwork too.

Sorensiim, I remember a lot of discussion on fixing tags in your previous DX50 forum, but nothing concise and easy or usable for me. With 19000 songs in my collection, I cannot be bothered to tinker with each song's tags and resize the album art individually and for every player I use or I would end up in divorce, broke, and very old by the time I was done. I really need some sort of automation to make sense of the conversion. I looked at your FAQs and didn't see a listing for fixing tags. Am I missing a nice set of OCD empowered instructions somewhere on quickly optimizing tags/art for iBasso DX50/90 or should we set up a new FAQ/thread to discuss and consolidate?

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #3,639 of 14,084
   Am I missing a nice set of OCD empowered instructions somewhere on quickly optimizing tags/art for iBasso DX50/90 or should we set up a new FAQ/thread to discuss and consolidate?

Assuming you're on Windows, go grab Mp3Tag: Http://www.mp3tag.de/en - Have it open your music folder and sort the files by path. This should allow you to easily batch tag all your files. I'll do a thorough writeup on Mp3Tag soon 
smile.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #3,641 of 14,084

Assuming you're on Windows, go grab Mp3Tag: Http://www.mp3tag.de/en - Have it open your music folder and sort the files by path. This should allow you to easily batch tag all your files. I'll do a thorough writeup on Mp3Tag soon 
smile.gif

I remember discussing it with you when working on the DX50 manual before iBasso beat us to it. There was a section on the underlying tag system as seen by the player, I believe I had some write-up also on tagging using the mp3Tag app. I have been using mp3tag for a little while now and I know I can't live without it. The automation is so powerful that I went through my entire collection fixing all kinds of issues. I would suggest you share your automation scripts if you created new ones, that would also be useful to everyone (the out of the box ones are pretty decent).

Keep us posted. 
beerchug.gif

Very cool, I will look forward to it. I imagine that the majority of us are coming from iTunes and its automated tagging/art when capturing CDs. These are my main questions for your upcoming tutorial:

• Optimizing tags for iBasso: What tags does iBasso read so we can focus on filling those correctly? I had assumed that iTunes had all relevant tags filled in correctly and automatically - I guess not.
  • Optimizing art for iBasso: How does iBasso look for art to allow it to show up and what is the correct sizing to make it look good? Obviously, iTunes works by linking art which is lost with my drag and drop folder building, does iBasso require embedded art and if so how do we do that easily and automatically? Resizing and pasting each artwork individually is out of the question with my 19,000 songs or even for my 2200 albums.
  • Music collections: I am noticing that most of my tag problems are coming from collections such as the "Now that is what I call music" series. Is there a way to quickly, easily, and automatically fix this?
  • Automation: I store, rip, and manage my music in iTunes as it is easy, fully automated, and it just works with all Apple products. It grabs tags and artwork from a very complete database that makes it a brainless activity to perfect my music collection. Is there a way to tune the iTunes to make it work with iBasso or is there software that is as slick and automated that does work with iBasso?

I hope I am not asking too much given your family obligations. Oh, and I want it yesterday! 
wink_face.gif

That's awesome, I think I had a few of the above items.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #3,642 of 14,084

Am I missing a nice set of OCD empowered instructions somewhere on quickly optimizing tags/art for iBasso DX50/90 or should we set up a new FAQ/thread to discuss and consolidate?

smile.gif

Very cool, I will look forward to it. I imagine that the majority of us are coming from iTunes and its automated tagging/art when capturing CDs. These are my main questions for your upcoming tutorial:

• Optimizing tags for iBasso: What tags does iBasso read so we can focus on filling those correctly? I had assumed that iTunes had all relevant tags filled in correctly and automatically - I guess not.
  • Optimizing art for iBasso: How does iBasso look for art to allow it to show up and what is the correct sizing to make it look good? Obviously, iTunes works by linking art which is lost with my drag and drop folder building, does iBasso require embedded art and if so how do we do that easily and automatically? Resizing and pasting each artwork individually is out of the question with my 19,000 songs or even for my 2200 albums.
  • Music collections: I am noticing that most of my tag problems are coming from collections such as the "Now that is what I call music" series. Is there a way to quickly, easily, and automatically fix this?
  • Automation: I store, rip, and manage my music in iTunes as it is easy, fully automated, and it just works with all Apple products. It grabs tags and artwork from a very complete database that makes it a brainless activity to perfect my music collection. Is there a way to tune the iTunes to make it work with iBasso or is there software that is as slick and automated that does work with iBasso?

I hope I am not asking too much given your family obligations. Oh, and I want it yesterday! 
wink_face.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #3,643 of 14,084
DHL delivered 30 minutes ago - my mother in law signed for it - I am 20 miles away but it might as well be 200 - did anyone's invoice in their DHL package include the price? LOL - Some women can be nosey.

Also - how can I charge and listen at the same time? USB cable to computer USB port?

I don't want to wait to charge the person when I get home from work.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #3,644 of 14,084
  DHL delivered 30 minutes ago - my mother in law signed for it - I am 20 miles away but it might as well be 200 - did anyone's invoice in their DHL package include the price? LOL - Some women can be nosey.

Also - how can I charge and listen at the same time? USB cable to computer USB port?

I shows in the packing slip as a $20 sound card.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #3,645 of 14,084

Not connected to a computer but if connected to a wall charger you can charge and play at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back