DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #3,512 of 14,084
Its amazing that I hear nothing from DHL, no tracking info but the instant they want their £3.60 for 'stuff' i get an instant text :/

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #3,513 of 14,084
I am not good at audiophile descriptive terms and I think many people have provided some really good and useful impressions so I will keep mine short and to the point.

DX90 is my first audiophile grade DAP.
I am using my custom shelled SE530 and AKG545.

After a couple hours of listening using headphone out on mid-gain, I can happily say that I am quite impressed by the DX90's rendering of music.

It is detailed, but not harsh. It is layered, but the placement of instruments are not scattered.

The sound stage is satisfying but could definitely be even bigger.

The bass is well executed, albeit bassheads, which I am not, may find it slightly lacking (?)

With no previous DAP to compare it to (I had an iPhone 4 to play music), I give the DX90 a PASS with MERIT overall.
I do recommend this DAP.

Someone was asking about the delay in pressing the pause button, this is to stop the headphones from going pop when you pause or play, so I dont think it should be regarded as "poor response" or bug in FW.

Another thing is you cant plug the DX90 to the computer and play music on it at the same time - can only do that if you plug the DX90 into a wall socket - this is identical to the DX50 to my best knowledge.

The burn in continues...

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #3,515 of 14,084
Am disappointed when I reached home 2hrs ago- no DX90 in sight which they suppose to deliver as said. So, posted them a pointed email and they responded with this reply,
Hi,
First of all, I apologize for the slow shipping.
I have called Fardar for many many times, and begged them to speed up the shipping. But this is out of our control. Now, we can do nothing except saying sorry to you.
Your shipment was switched to another courier by Fardar.
www.cuckooexpress.com
This is the website.

Last but not least, we will refund shipping cost to all buyers from Singapore on this weekend.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

The tracking shows movement and hope no "cuckoo" this time around for me and my fellow Singapore folks who are in the same boat as me.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #3,516 of 14,084
Wow, the DX 90 seems to be out of stock at iBasso atm... Sorry if this has been posted before...

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #3,517 of 14,084
Anybody else in  the same boat?
This is the only info I'm getting from DHL tracking:

Saturday, April 12, 2014​
Location​
Time​
 ​
1​
Shipment information received​
SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE​
11:56

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #3,518 of 14,084
  Wow, the DX 90 seems to be out of stock at iBasso atm... Sorry if this has been posted before...

And I was going to order one tomorrow :frowning2: Guess I'll have to wait. I wonder how long it will take to be in stock.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #3,519 of 14,084
Can I just confirm (without any instructions) you plug burn cable into HO, connect to mains, and leave player on Constant repeat of a song, or noise Album kindy uploaded here?

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #3,523 of 14,084
  Anybody else in  the same boat?
This is the only info I'm getting from DHL tracking:

Saturday, April 12, 2014​
Location​
Time​
 ​
1​
Shipment information received​
SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE​
11:56

Did you inform iBasso about it? Mine also was stuck and it seems it doesn't move if I don't send a mail to iBasso.

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #3,524 of 14,084
Am disappointed when I reached home 2hrs ago- no DX90 in sight which they suppose to deliver as said. So, posted them a pointed email and they responded with this reply,
Hi,
First of all, I apologize for the slow shipping.
I have called Fardar for many many times, and begged them to speed up the shipping. But this is out of our control. Now, we can do nothing except saying sorry to you.
Your shipment was switched to another courier by Fardar.
www.cuckooexpress.com
This is the website.

Last but not least, we will refund shipping cost to all buyers from Singapore on this weekend.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

The tracking shows movement and hope no "cuckoo" this time around for me and my fellow Singapore folks who are in the same boat as me.

Yeah Fardar sucks, iBasso had to resend my order with DHL. But I think it will be stuck for a while since it's holiday tomorrow.

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,525 of 14,084
I'm finally listening to this thing now......I think this will sell very very well.  Coming from the DX100 and DX50, the presentation/stage is very dynamic and satisfying.  Still maintains the iBasso sound signature that we've grown to love.  Amp is obviously more powerful and has a better noise floor, no more hiss from some sensitive IEMs I tried so far on low gain (SE535, Heir 4ai, Fitear TG334)......pretty dark background when silent.  With this price point and this much performance......I find it hard to refuse for most head-fiers......I can see why they came out with this after DX50 hah, not many would of bought the DX50 if this had existed, way worth the premium.  I'm not at the point of saying it's better than  the DX100 but it stands toe to toe so far and the presentation is different for sure.  Still evaluating and listening.......great DAP iBasso thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back