DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #3,106 of 14,084
  Leipzig is not that far. Roadtrip?

Gas on you, beers on me - deal? 
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #3,107 of 14,084

I've never heard the thinking behind specific tracks to play for burn in. I am guessing it is based on trying to play sound that goes through the full frequency spectrum? And, BTW, thanks for the files. I'll definitely be doing this when my DX90 arrives. 
beerchug.gif

The thought behind them is just making sure all the parts get a proper workout, without stressing anything. For a DAP or an amp I guess you could just loop track 07 for as long as you'd like whereas headphones (or speakers) would probably be happier if you put the entire album on repeat. I often see people asking where to get files for this purpose so I figured now was as good a time to make them as any other.

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #3,108 of 14,084
Leipzig is not that far. Roadtrip?

:)

The thought behind them is just making sure all the parts get a proper workout, without stressing anything. For a DAP or an amp I guess you could just loop track 07 for as long as you'd like whereas headphones (or speakers) would probably be happier if you put the entire album on repeat. I often see people asking where to get files for this purpose so I figured now was as good a time to make them as any other.

For burn in I use the IsoTek cd

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,109 of 14,084
I'm with you UK guys in Germany, well kind of.  Maybe a minibus hire!

5 ~~LEIPZIG - GERMANY 19:49

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #3,113 of 14,084
Hi there everyone,
My name is Jules & I live in Leicester England, been on the forum a short time looking & reading comments & decided to take the step of ordering a DX90 & had conformation tonight it's on it's way,
I'm well excited after all the comments on here about the DX50
I'm coming from a Rockboxed Apple 160gb classic & 60g iphoto listening with Soundmagic E10's Grado SR60 & Audio Technica M50's.
Good to hear all the comments makes for some interesting reading at times I would love to know what Audio systems some of you are listening to as to what you're comparing the sound of these various DAP's with?!
Cheers Jules

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,118 of 14,084
Hi there everyone,
My name is Jules & I live in Leicester England, been on the forum a short time looking & reading comments & decided to take the step of ordering a DX90 & had conformation tonight it's on it's way,
I'm well excited after all the comments on here about the DX50
I'm coming from a Rockboxed Apple 160gb classic & 60g iphoto listening with Soundmagic E10's Grado SR60 & Audio Technica M50's.
Good to hear all the comments makes for some interesting reading at times I would love to know what Audio systems some of you are listening to as to what you're comparing the sound of these various DAP's with?!
Cheers Jules

Same here. Seeing lot of good things but before clicking buy now I would like to know how this stacks up against ak100, ak120 and colorfly c4. Any input would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back