DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 12, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2,761 of 14,084
Got my tracking info too. It's in Hong Kong, so I imagine at best it will be in my hands on Tuesday. On the plus side, my headphones arrived before my DX90, so I have some time to get used to them (HE-400s).

That's the same setup I'll be using - DX90 + HE-400 :)

No tracking number for me yet, but I did order after the initial rush :frowning2:

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #2,762 of 14,084
Got my DHL tracking number today as well. Shipping fom Singapore :D

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #2,765 of 14,084
  DHL claims not to know my tracking number (yet) - anyone else with this problem?

Just be patient - sometimes there is a delay in it appearing on their tracking system, if iBasso are using an agent.

I totally agree with Mython, iBasso has just started to fill up shipping orders so what DHL has is just the paperwork. They still have to get the package and deliver it to the owner. Here it takes a day from the courier company at the time they get the paper and is physically moving in the system. By Monday because tomorrow most couriers are off, you should be getting positive id when logging to DHL. Another beta pig hits the dust. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2,766 of 14,084

DX50 is quite comfortable to me in the pocket. The thickness is not an issue since it's shorter and narrower. But the M is longer, wider and thicker than the iPhone.

Once I saw the footprint of the M, I was even happier about ordering the DX90. The M looks a little big for jean pockets. Only thing that stopped me from getting a 901 last year.

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #2,767 of 14,084
  Once I saw the footprint of the M, I was even happier about ordering the DX90. The M looks a little big for jean pockets. Only thing that stopped me from getting a 901 last year.

The UI must be damn good together with the SQ. Otherwise, M will be a hard sell as a portable first device. Considering it's size, it might be relegated more as a source for desktop use. Only problem is you have limited output option. (In fact only one). Now I'm beginning to think the concern of bmichels and mython about the lack of output options in M is more serious than I initially thought. 

With the M's size and not so powerful internal amp, I wonder what part of the circuit/component took the biggest real-estate on the M since it was reported that is internals are tightly packed.

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #2,768 of 14,084

The UI must be damn good together with the SQ. Otherwise, M will be a hard sell as a portable first device. Considering it's size, it might be relegated more as a source for desktop use. Only problem is you have limited output option. (In fact only one). Now I'm beginning to think the concern of bmichels and mython about the lack of output options in M is more serious than I initially thought. 

With the M's size and not so powerful internal amp, I wonder what part of the circuit/component took the biggest real-estate on the M since it was reported that is internals are tightly packed.

Exactly what I was thinking what is in there that makes it so big? They removed all of the functionality you can find so the full screen is most likely a bit of a culprit but not the only one. 

Here is what I think made it big:

Sampling Frequency (kHz) : 44.1, 88.2, 176.4, 352.8, 48, 96, 192 & 384
Bit Depth : 16,24 & 32
Output Voltage : 1.25V rms @16 Ohm
Output Impedance : around O Ohm
Frequency Response : 20Hz~32kHz
THD+N : 0.0008%@1kHz at 32Ohm, 0.004%@1kHz at 16Ohm
Channel Separation : 130dB@1kHz
Dynamic Range : 114dB
Battery Capacity: 3100mA (7-10 hours play time)
External Memory : 1 SD (upto 256G) and 1 micro SD(upto 128G)
Internal Memory : 64G flash memory

circuitry to reduce THD+N, crosstalk and increase dynamic range plus a large battery and memory would bulk up the player. 

One good thing the UI seems to be better and the USB DAC works.

Draw your own conclusion but I believe we got to listen to it to see how good it sounds, if they have been very careful in implementing the post HO circuitry, you might be talking about one of the top daps sq wise. (yet to be tested).

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #2,771 of 14,084
I ordered on 9 april . No tracking info yet:rolleyes:
Is this normal guys?:mad:

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #2,772 of 14,084
Yeah, if you rely on first impression, size is the first thing you notice, I think it is borderline. I would think it is more hand portable than pocket portable. Go and measure your regular commuting pant pockets and see if you can put it in. Mine are a lot smaller and I know it won't fit hence I am looking for a holster instead.

Is this normal guys?
mad.gif

Not to worry, I ordered mine on the first day, first hour and I got the tracking number today so yours should be coming soon if not today, then on Monday, just be patient.

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #2,775 of 14,084
Is this normal guys?
mad.gif

I ordered on the first hour of the annoucement. I made a mistake in the delivery address. I have been sending them mail for days and only got the reply yesterday with the tracking info.

I guess iBasso has all hands on deck at the moment. Be patient it will arrive as soon as they are able to ship it. You can always shoot them a mail. They respond as soon as they can and they are very prompt on delivery schedule. Don't worry, you are not waiting for a CIEM with CF shell
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back