DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #2,748 of 14,084
I delayed my business trip for a dap
smily_headphones1.gif
frown.gif
I have a problem!
Lol

You don't have a problem, you are a music connoisseur or a better term for it, a true audiophile. The typical behavior is that everything takes a back seat except audio, listening to music to its highest form. I salute you beta pig and welcome you to the family of beta testers, hope you'll find your audio nirvana. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #2,749 of 14,084
:) and me - tracking info received to uk
of course it will arrive just as I start an intensive study program ):

:D

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #2,752 of 14,084
  I have not given up on the M, it's slotted for May so plenty of time. I am either going to sell the DX90 or keep the M, doesn't that sound logical? Maybe sell the M and keep the DX90, last keep both. 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

I hope I haven't confused you cause I am confused. 
tongue_smile.gif

I will be waiting for the Calyx M impressions and then make a decision. I am hoping that some Korean owners will post their impressions on the internet soon.

Well, I got the same strategy as you do. Take DX90 now at half the price of M and enjoy it a little while. Soon as the M becomes available for a demo at the local dealer then I'll make a comparison. May the best DAP win :). If I like M DX90 will for go FS since I'm keeping DX50.

But the mock up you made for the M makes me nervous if it's comfortable enough to put in a tight jeans pocket. The iPhone 5 is bordering the limit for how big a pocketable a device for me. It it's thicker it would have been a brick for me.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #2,753 of 14,084
DX90 is shorter than the iPhone, same width but more than twice as thick

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2,754 of 14,084
You don't have a problem, you are a music connoisseur or a better term for it, a true audiophile. The typical behavior is that everything takes a back seat except audio, listening to music to its highest form. I salute you beta pig and welcome you to the family of beta testers, hope you'll find your audio nirvana. :beerchug:  

Thank you sir, I feel a little less foolish now.
Very kind words. :)

I'll give you my wifes email, care to explain it to her for me?
Lol

She just left claiming she's going shopping, probably for a straightjacket.

I love this hobby :)

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #2,756 of 14,084

Well, I got the same strategy as you do. Take DX90 now at half the price of M and enjoy it a little while. Soon as the M becomes available for a demo at the local dealer then I'll make a comparison. May the best DAP win :). If I like M DX90 will for go FS since I'm keeping DX50.

But the mock up you made for the M makes me nervous if it's comfortable enough to put in a tight jeans pocket. The iPhone 5 is bordering the limit for how big a pocketable a device for me. It it's thicker it would have been a brick for me.

We both have the same strategy except you'll be ahead because you can try the M at a store. If you don't mind, I think I'll wait for your impression to make my decision. I can go either way, like you I'll keep the DX50 I just think its sound signature is totally different than the DX90 (to be tested).

The M size is a put off for me, it is large in comparison to the iPhone or the DX50/DX90. I was thinking that maybe I can use it at home or work and not on the go due to its size. I can barely tolerate the D50 in my pocket, my coat pocket to be precise. I don't like the bulge in my work pants. For sure the Calyx M is just too large to fit comfortably in a pants pocket. I will be looking for a Calyx M holster most likely a Galaxy 3 or 4 (not sure of the model used in a prior picture but the phone size was somewhat bigger). It's easier to carry it on your belt than in your pocket.

If you guys can watch Seinfeld episodes (now just re-runs). I will be carrying my Europeen carry on. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #2,758 of 14,084

We both have the same strategy except you'll be ahead because you can try the M at a store. If you don't mind, I think I'll wait for your impression to make my decision. I can go either way, like you I'll keep the DX50 I just think its sound signature is totally different than the DX90 (to be tested).

The M size is a put off for me, it is large in comparison to the iPhone or the DX50/DX90. I was thinking that maybe I can use it at home or work and not on the go due to its size. I can barely tolerate the D50 in my pocket, my coat pocket to be precise. I don't like the bulge in my work pants. For sure the Calyx M is just too large to fit comfortably in a pants pocket. I will be looking for a Calyx M holster most likely a Galaxy 3 or 4 (not sure of the model used in a prior picture but the phone size was somewhat bigger). It's easier to carry it on your belt than in your pocket.

If you guys can watch Seinfeld episodes (now just re-runs). I will be carrying my Europeen carry on. 
biggrin.gif

Hopefully Jaben can get the demo soon. Really excited for a demo.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #2,759 of 14,084
Just got my tracking Number, Just hope I picked the right hotel to have it delivered to as I traveling to different 3 cities each week at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back